“Excellent Tour with a fabulous guide”

Spanish Tapas Madrid
Book In Advance
Ranked #5 of 119 Food & Drink in Madrid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We've been providing exclusive tapas experiences since 2012. Our excellence lies in our interpersonal approach, our premium food venues and experienced local guides. As a result highly esteemed Madrid hotels, like Hotel Villa Magna or Westin Palace trust us with their most valued clients. We specialize in guided tours for private parties where the food and cultural experience becomes unique. Once you book one of our private tours, either through our website or here with Viator, our private guide will be at your entire disposal for a customized gastronomical journey. Come, discover and savor a variety of Spanish gourmet food and wine accompanied by a local connoisseur and guide, Luis. We also offer private cultural tours to Museo del Prado Private as well as Day Trips to Toledo and El Escorial. For those of you looking to join other people in diverse groups, you can try our open tours such as the Family Tapas Tour at 13:15 or the Madrid Tapas Tour running in the even
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Food was amazing with good wine/cava/beer to match and the guide fantastic. We did this tour on our first night in Madrid and glad we did as got plenty of tips for our weekend. X

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
LuisMadrid1971, Owner at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Hello Braddersessex1
Thank you for your kind words.
I appreciate you mention the information we provided was useful.
Warm regards

"dietary restrictions"
in 7 reviews
"private tour"
in 19 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 16 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Arranged this for the first night of four nights in Madrid to celebrate my birthday. It gave us a good insight into the centre of Madrid and was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Spent with three other couples. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Madrid for the first time.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Luis O, Tour guide Mario Calvo at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear suzisuzi,

Dear suzisuzi
Thank you very much for deciding to celebrate your birthday with us, I hope you had a great evening and from your review I guess you enjoyed it. I am glad for that as it is a big responsibility …

You know we try to offer you the best Tapas but also some knowledge about Madrid that may help you during youur stay. And that you finish the evening feeling like a local when you explore on your own.

Hope had a good trip back, best regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The tapas tour was the absolute highlight of our Spanish honeymoon. Mario led us to the best food and and drinks we had while in Spain. He was extremely knowledgeable about the city’s history and food preparation techniques. We would do it again and again!

Dear Elise,

First of all thanks for your booking with us, and specially for this review. Nice to read from you after a time!! I know you have a beatiful baby and saw some pics, Travis and I still keep contact in Fb

I am more than happy for my contribution to your honeymoon, and would love to see you again (as you say). Love that enjoyed the food and the drinks, I really felt I found true friends that night. Thanks again, I hope you let the baby know about Madrid in the future…

With my best wh ises and a big hug,

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Mario was a fantastic and enthusiastic guide. We visited several different establishments with different atmospheres and enjoyed a whole range of tapas and drinks. It was a great way to see the city. We learnt a lot and visited places that we would never have stumbled across otherwise. Well worthwhile and good value for money. Definitely recommend it!

LuisMadrid1971, Tour Guide Mario Calvo at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Laurie3B,
First of all, thanks for choosing Spanish Tapas Madrid for your tapas tour. And second, thanks a lot for your kind review...
I am glad to read that you really enjoyed the different places we visited and also learned a few things about our city and gastronomy as these are or main targets when we meet you at Puerta del Sol. I hope you had a wonderful time during your stay and a good trip back home.
And thanks for your recommendation!!
Warm regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

I’ve done a few tapas tours, in Madrid and elsewhere, and Mario has the best knowledge of the food (& wine) that I’ve come across. You get plenty of food, don’t eat beforehand or you’ll miss out! The food is all delicious and a good mix of modern and traditional. I had to rush to get to a flamenco show I had booked and Mario insisted on walking me there to make sure I got in (a little late) with no problems. Great customer service!

Dear DonnaW,
Thank you very much for your nice words. We are proud that you consider our activity the best food tour you ever found and appreciate you mention it in your review. It is quite encouraging to be among your best experiences.
The "customer service" you mention is only that we want to do our best to make your visit a great pleasure and that you feel the traditional kindness that locals offer to our visitors (and hate that you miss your flamenco performance ☺). And last but not least, the knowledge about food and wine that you mention is nothing else than the result of our passion for what we are doing.
With best regards,