Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Spanish Tapas Madrid tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Spanish Tapas Madrid
from US$80.54
from US$126.58
from US$40.30
More Info
All reviews first night tapas met luis guide luis recommend luis spanish omelette ham tortillas churros dietary restrictions private tour visiting madrid his knowledge great introduction highly recommend this tour great company great tour
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Arranged this for the first night of four nights in Madrid to celebrate my birthday. It gave us a good insight into the centre of Madrid and was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Spent with three other couples. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Madrid for the first time.

Date of experience: December 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Luis O, Tour guide Mario Calvo at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear suzisuzi,

Dear suzisuzi
Thank you very much for deciding to celebrate your birthday with us, I hope you had a great evening and from your review I guess you enjoyed it. I am glad for that as it is a big responsibility …

You know we try to offer you the best Tapas but also some knowledge about Madrid that may help you during youur stay. And that you finish the evening feeling like a local when you explore on your own.

Hope had a good trip back, best regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The tapas tour was the absolute highlight of our Spanish honeymoon. Mario led us to the best food and and drinks we had while in Spain. He was extremely knowledgeable about the city’s history and food preparation techniques. We would do it again and again!

Date of experience: May 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Elise,

First of all thanks for your booking with us, and specially for this review. Nice to read from you after a time!! I know you have a beatiful baby and saw some pics, Travis and I still keep contact in Fb

I am more than happy for my contribution to your honeymoon, and would love to see you again (as you say). Love that enjoyed the food and the drinks, I really felt I found true friends that night. Thanks again, I hope you let the baby know about Madrid in the future…

With my best wh ises and a big hug,

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Mario was a fantastic and enthusiastic guide. We visited several different establishments with different atmospheres and enjoyed a whole range of tapas and drinks. It was a great way to see the city. We learnt a lot and visited places that we would never have stumbled across otherwise. Well worthwhile and good value for money. Definitely recommend it!

Date of experience: February 2018
LuisMadrid1971, Tour Guide Mario Calvo at Spanish Tapas Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Laurie3B,
First of all, thanks for choosing Spanish Tapas Madrid for your tapas tour. And second, thanks a lot for your kind review...
I am glad to read that you really enjoyed the different places we visited and also learned a few things about our city and gastronomy as these are or main targets when we meet you at Puerta del Sol. I hope you had a wonderful time during your stay and a good trip back home.
And thanks for your recommendation!!
Warm regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

I’ve done a few tapas tours, in Madrid and elsewhere, and Mario has the best knowledge of the food (& wine) that I’ve come across. You get plenty of food, don’t eat beforehand or you’ll miss out! The food is all delicious and a good mix of modern and traditional. I had to rush to get to a flamenco show I had booked and Mario insisted on walking me there to make sure I got in (a little late) with no problems. Great customer service!

Dear DonnaW,
Thank you very much for your nice words. We are proud that you consider our activity the best food tour you ever found and appreciate you mention it in your review. It is quite encouraging to be among your best experiences.
The "customer service" you mention is only that we want to do our best to make your visit a great pleasure and that you feel the traditional kindness that locals offer to our visitors (and hate that you miss your flamenco performance ☺). And last but not least, the knowledge about food and wine that you mention is nothing else than the result of our passion for what we are doing.
With best regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2018

Our guide Mario was a perfect host. His suggestions for the food and accompanying drinks were just right although there was flexibility to swap any of the dishes if we wanted to. We went to four very different establishments, enjoying a large variety of tapas. We never felt rushed and there was more food than we could eat. Mario was a font of knowledge providing lots of tips and information for places to visit. We really felt like we had a much better feel for the city and it’s layout. We would highly recommend taking this tour to anyone visiting Madrid and can’t thank Mario enough for a perfect evening.

Dear RichY,
First, thank you very much for booking Spanish Tapas Madrid four tour. As mentioned during it, we think it should be a relaxed intro to our gastronomy and this means that we will take as much time as we need for that.
Also thanks for your description of my knowledge about the city and the food, as said other times it is only how I show the love I feel for them. I wish you enjoy both as much as possible.
Finally many thanks also for recommending our experience to the TA community.
Cool regards,