Review Highlights

from US$69.10
from US$89.90
from US$17.20
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This train actually goes to Valencia, and passes through Cuenca, the city of Casas Colgadas, hanging houses. Part of the reason going there was to ride on the train. The station in Madrid was a bit confusing, be sure to arrive early as you will need time to figure things out. We went business class and were fend a nice breakfast. Will use the train again, highly reccomended.

1  Thank Alfredo J
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Came here in March and got on the wrong train. Came here in August - got on the wrong train again even though it was on a different journey. It does not help that the trains do not always have the destinations on the front of them, the dot matrix often are not working and the trains sometimes have the wrong destination set into their computer once you are on.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

I had to try and catch a line 10 metro train from this station and as the ticket machines are different to the regular metro machines, I found I couldn't negotiate the system. I asked the girl sitting in the booth just next to the ticketing machines and she was disgustingly unhelpful and dismissive. I left trying not to cry because it was mostly a typical of the treatment I've received in Spain. I eventually pulled my self together and figured out an alternative way to get to my destination. That kind of attitude to customers just wouldn't cut it in Australia. I would never treat a visitor to my country like that. It's shocking the treatment tourists get in Spain. I'm so fed up I'm never going back to Spain. That was the straw that broke the camels back!

Reviewed March 13, 2017

My wife and I are pretty seasoned travellers but travelling back to the airport we got on the wrong train. We realised straight away and got off here but there is no clear indication on which trains are coming when and where they stop and even the locals appear confused. Luckily we found a very nice man who spoke no English but we managed to understand one another and corrected our mistake.

Reviewed October 30, 2016

We bought our 12 euro 10 ride metrobus ticket here at Nuevos Ministerios station, but it would not work at the gates. I asked someone at the information office and they explained that I was trying to use the tickets for the renfe trains, not the metro, which is separate. They pointed us in the direction of the metro trains, and all was good from that point on.

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

For tourists - Staff at the main stations are very unhelpful if you're ticket isnt working.  If you get stuck or your ticket stops working iys better to find an information desk (who are very helpful) or speak to staff at a metro station.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

There's nothing special to see at this station, but it's attractive and modern, serving the corporate area of Madrid with good connections to multiple lines.

Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

We learned after several days in Madrid that grabbing an eticket for museums ahead of time allowed us to get into shorter lines. So we did the same for a train ride to Toledo. BIG mistake. For some reason, their scanners will not scan the bar code on a phone so you MUST get a printed ticket. Unfortunately their computers were down so we couldn't get the printed tickets in time. We were told that there was no refund option. We tried getting tickets for a later train but with the computers down we waited an hour with no luck. Such a waste of money and a beautiful day! This gives Spain a big black eye in my book. I've used trains all over Europe with no problem. It's shamefully bad service.

1  Thank Isabell2012
Reviewed February 24, 2016 via mobile

Took the Renfie train from the airport to centro madrid.. I didn't have to wait long at all and the fare was quite reasonable. .. very reliable service .. thought this was effective and cheap until I used the metro in portugal. . Madrid is running 2nd to it but very good and reliable service nonetheless.

Reviewed August 22, 2015

I visited this Metro on my visit to Madrid in early July 2015 with a friend. You can catch connections with lines 6, 8 and 10.