Review Highlights
Attractive, modern station

There's nothing special to see at this station, but it's attractive and modern, serving the... read more

Reviewed July 28, 2016
Les L
St. Petersburg, Florida
Don't get on the wrong train like we did!

My wife and I are pretty seasoned travellers but travelling back to the airport we got on the wrong... read more

Reviewed March 13, 2017

from US$91.90
from US$24.70
from US$17.50
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 24, 2016 via mobile

Took the Renfie train from the airport to centro madrid.. I didn't have to wait long at all and the fare was quite reasonable. .. very reliable service .. thought this was effective and cheap until I used the metro in portugal. . Madrid is running 2nd to it but very good and reliable service nonetheless.

Reviewed August 22, 2015

I visited this Metro on my visit to Madrid in early July 2015 with a friend. You can catch connections with lines 6, 8 and 10.

Reviewed December 19, 2014

Id be happy to have a public transport thats 10 percent as good as Madrids in Melbourne.We interchanged lines at this station a few times while in this incredibly lively metropolis.Trains virtually come one after another.There are more than 300 metro stations alone apart from another 200 outer suburban stations within the city so you are rarely more than a couple of hundred from a station within any point of the city.Unlike my city of melbourne where you desperately need a car to navigate through its terribly inadequate roads you dont miss a car for a second in madrid as the public transport is truly fantastic.

Reviewed October 16, 2014

During our stay in Madrid we used the Metro sometimes and we were surprised by the quality. There is a large Metro network underground, waiting times are short and we felt save. There are many information screens and fares are not expensive. Single fares are €.1,50 or €.2,00 and 10 trips are around €.12,00. We also used the Metro to come and go to Barajas Airport, for which there is an additional fee of €.3,00. Then we had to change lines on Nuevos Ministerios. This is a large Metro Station for lines 6, 8 and 10, but also several local trains (Cercanias) do make their stop here, like C1, C2, C3, C4, C7 and C10. The station was opened in 2002 and for while you could actually check-in for your flight from Madrid, but this service stopped in 2006. There are some small shops and a police station. If you want to go to El Corte Ingles, this is the Metro Station where you have to go.

1  Thank tRAVellerOfTheW0rld
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I've just read the earlier review and as I work on the UK railway I have to say I disagree.
Three of us paid €43 a head for 1st class from Madrid to Alicante which is comparable in journey length from London to Plymouth or Newcastle which was a bargain! Food and drink on the train included and a super fast and comfy journey. Book in advance for the lowest fares (seats released 60 days before travel).. If you turn up on the day you'll pay top dollar and unlike the UK, if you haven't a booked seat, you can't travel!

3  Thank tomthetank67