“Delicious, relaxed lunch”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Huertas
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Four of us had a delicious, relaxed lunch at Triciclo in late September. Service was friendly and helpful. The wait staff asked about dietary restrictions, which was rare on our trip to Spain, and very welcome for the member of our group who doesn't eat meat. We had the tasting menu -- a cold melon soup and a divinely delicious meatball stood out. Everything was really so good, creative but not cutesy. Triciclo is not cheap but we all thought it was worth every penny, I would definitely eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I entered the place a bit before the reservation time, so I had time for a drink before the dinner. I was quite surprised that with the G&T, there was no snack as is the nice custom in Spanish places. It would be nice to nibble an olive or two, but hey - there was a dinner ahead of me.
We opted for a 6-dishes tasting menu, which turned out to be well sufficient in terms of food quantity.
The dishes were all OK, but nothing was as great as I expected. Good shrimp with shiso leaf and citrusy sauce, nice pork belly with five-spices-sauce, fine oxtail canellone.
However, I didn’t like three things: the lightly-spicy-coriander theme was repeated too many times, pre-dessert (fruit jam with a should-be yoghurty foam) and dessert (bland dulce de leche and equally bland banana ice cream) were worse than average, and the price (60€/person) was too high for what we got.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Found this restaurant by chance and booked on the strength of the good reviews tho a little anxious based on some others. There was no need for anxiety. Wonderful food and service with sommelier Luis determined to ensure we had a great night. Nothing was too much trouble, even half glasses of wine were provided so we could sample different matches with shared half portions of food. We loved it and it was the best way to finish our visit to Spain. Full marks too for provided iced tap water with glasses frequently refilled. Madrid’s water is good there is no need to buy it but other places expect you to ask.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

The decor, the ambiance, the service -fantastic. The food, well it was just salt: Salty entree, salty fish, salty pork, salty fried noodles, salty everything. It's too bad because the reviews we read were really good, and you only get a one in a lifetime opportunity to sample good food when you are away. I do not recommend this place, sorry, because our waiter and staff was really nice but the food really bad. And I don't like to spend money on salt. :(

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Everything is outstanding!!! Great service, great good, cozy place!
Every bite is a surprise!! Looking forward to repeating the experience!