Open today: 8:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., 10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$57.24
from US$57.30
from US$40.10
More Info
All reviews glass of sangria dancers and musicians small basement vaulted cellar intimate venue great performance guitar player front row male dancer an amazing experience spanish culture audience stage percussionist acoustics cave emotions
Reviewed 1 week ago

We searched for quite a while before settling on this Flamenco show. Best decision we could have made! This is real Flamenco, not some Broadway production with actors and actresses, these people are artists! Small venue, only about 100 seats in a basement setting. You are within 20-30 feet from the dancers and musicians during the show so very intimate. Amazing music and equally amazing dancing, you won't be disappointed. Gets a little warm so dress accordingly.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely fantastic. A must do if you are visiting Madrid. Highly recommend it. The talent of the dancers takes your breath away. The musicians were great. The dancers danced their hearts out. Wonderful show.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to the 8;30 performance on Monday. My husband and I loved every minute of it starting with the friendly bartender and the tasty sangria. We've seen Flamenco before, a very polished performance in a beautiful building, where the dancers and musicians smiled and put on a show. This was different, a very intimate venue, no dining or columns to mar the view; every seat was great, but I never felt that the artists were performing for me- they were dancing, singing and playing for the love of Flamenco, for themselves and each other and I was just lucky enough to be allowed to see it.

When the drummer did his solo, he almost seemed to be in a trance, his fingers were moving so fast they were blurred, impossible to follow and we were sitting eight feet away from him and the power they generated-we couldn't believe his fingers weren't bruised and broken when he was done, but he was out again ten minutes later accompanying the others. And the young female dancer- we could see the floor buckling from the force of her footwork, the sweat dripping down her-she put everything she had into her performance.

It was awesome, just awesome. A rare treat.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just returned from a 7day trip to Madrid. I did LOTS of homework when looking into a flamenco show. I am so glad that we went with Essential flamenco. These are so much more than musicians, singers,and dancers. They are artists!!they are to flamenco what Diego Velazquez is to Las Meninas. We were mesmerized. It was very intimate so there is no bad seat in the place. We were front and center!!!An instrumental highlight to our trip. This is where the locals go. Gracias Essential flamenco!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were so looking forward to this performance! And the musicians, singers and dancers were very good.
But there were two adults and two children in the front row that somewhat spoiled our experience. The kids were fine! But the two women chatted throughout most of the performance. One of them even put her feet up on the very small stage! When you travel so far and look forward to an event like this, it was a disappointment. And yes, we did try to tell them gently to ‘keep it down’ but they did not pay any attention to us.

Ramiro F, Propietario at Essential Flamenco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Triphelp: You don´t imagine how well I understand you. Some times (fortunately very few times) we receive spectators that don´t have the sensibility enough to attend the show and spend the time talking or watching their telephones. But what can we do? Throw them away in the middle of the show? We would love to give their money back and do it, but, as you can understand, that´s not possible. If I were you, I would have change seats (every one can seat in any place), and normally there are free seats.
Sorry someone totally foreign of our responsibility spoiled your show. If you had told what happens to the manager, we wold have give you free tickets for another show. Thank you for your comment and I´m sure you will have more luck next time :)

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

It was our first Flamenco show experience. The place suits well for that type of performance, a small scene surrounded by nearly 60 places. The show lasts slightly more than one hour. The troupe was amazing and passionate! Overall it was well organized, we would definitely recommend this place

Hello Alexandra: Flamenco has born in caves and cellars like ours. The first reason is because the natural amplification of such places. The second reason, because this art has always been a little "clandestine", it were played in private parties, in brick cellars, like in "Los Gabrieles", and some times they lasted for more than one day!. When the torero "Juan Belmonte" left the bullfight (1934), they had an "underground" flamenco party that lasted for 48 hours uninterrupted! Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Went online to make the reservation same day as the show. Very easy just showed the reservation when we arrived. Never having seen Flaminco wasn't sure what to expect. Great show with talented musicians and dancers. Place is intimate so you can see and hear everything. Price included a drink. Would recommend.

Hello Amy: Thank you for your kind review. Many of our visitors see flamenco for the first time, but this art is so passional, that from the first time you experience, you want more. Like first love :)

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Great flamenco experience. Dancing was fabulous and venue very intimate. Only disappointment was the lengthy individual solos of the musicians. They were all very talented but less music and more dancing would have made it a perfect night.

Hello Brad: Our show is titled "essential flamenco", and our purpose is to show in one hour, all the basic aspects of flamenco, and that´s why we have solos, to show the virtuosity of each flamenco musician and the posibilites of every instrument. However, half of the time is dedicated to the dancers. We are going to open, from march or so, another room in the first floor, for monographic shows (only dancing some days, only singing others, etc.). We hope to see you again then :) Thank you for your review,

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Flamenco is a captivating experience and for those who haven’t seen it before, it will be great. I’ve seen lots of flamenco shows across Spain and I wouldn’t rate it excellent for a simple reason. The show lasts for 60 minutes and sadly (for me) there’s more music than dancing. There is nothing wrong with it because it was excellent to listen to the drummer, guitarist and violinist showing off their virtuoso skills solo. In fact it was quite amazing but going there I was expecting more dancing. The dancers as such were fantastic and I’m sure that show won’t disappoint anyone. Maybe someone a little obsessed with flamenco like myself. Enjoy! I won’t be back. There is another flamenco place in Spain where I would go 3 times a day if I could.

Helo Emailuch: You are right. For the ones interested specially in one part of flamenco -dancing in your case- we will open (around next march), another room upstairs dedicated to monograph actings. (But I´ll tell you something that may surprise you, more spanish flamenco lovers, like I for instance, are much more interested in flamenco singing that in dancing).
So, in that new space we will have some days only dancing, others only singing, etc. Our show right now is titled "essential flamenco", and we do the impossible to show, in only one hour, all aspects of this very complex art.
You´ll see, from March on, you will come to our place "3 times a day" : )
Thank you for your review, and thank you for the love that you feel (we share it) for this beautiful mayor art.

Reviewed September 21, 2018

We were blown away with this performance, first time we have watched flamenco, the dancers were something else and the music was outstanding. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to everyone that visits Madrid, an absolute must!

Hello Lea: "We were blown away with this performance". Yes, flamenco is an explosive art, a blast of emotions. Actually all art must be this way... Bukowsky said "Art is emotion or is nothing". Thank you for your kind review.