As part of our Europe trip in May '09 we stayed here for a couple of nights. We got into the main train station and then took the Metro to the Santo Domingo stop. We were a little turned around at first so we actually wound up walking the Gran Via and after we figured out we needed to head in the other direction, we finally found the hotel. The first thing that stuck out was the large trash containers up front. There was construction debris in them and when I saw the plastic on the floor, I knew what we were in for. The price we got should have also been an indicator, but since I'm a morning person, I figured this wouldn't be a problem. It wound up being more of an issue for my buddy than me. When we checked in we asked about it and they told us what time we could expect noise, but it wound up being earlier.
From what we saw, the changes were going in a good direction. The lobby was nice and contemporary in style. The person who checked us in was nice and professional. We wound up getting one of the newer rooms, so for the price we were happy. Even the new hallways were pretty cool. The room itself was nice and large with 2 twin size comfy beds, a large dresser/armoire/closet IKEA looking thing, desk with chair, and flat screen TV. The whole decor was in a contemporary style, even the bathroom, which was nice and large. The shower was pretty cool since it was a full body wall spray system. Our room was on the 3rd floor and faced the street, so the construction noise in the morning was noticeable.
If not for that construction noise, I would have easily given this place a 'Very Good' rating. Maybe next time we visit Madrid we'll see how things worked out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Petit Palace San Bernardo Royal Opera is located in the centre of the city, in an emblematic building in the well known “Santo Domingo” Plaza, next to the “Gran Via” – the main and most commercial street in Madrid. At just a few minutes away, the famous “Puerta del Sol” which is the centre point of the historic and monumental area of Madrid can be found and which is also good starting point to visit all the major tourist sights of the city.All the rooms in the hotel have been accommodated with the latest in technological advances, such as; laptops and free WIFI, hydro-massage showers, modern designer furniture, free safety boxes, flat screen TV’s with international channels to name but a few…Rooms are available with twin or double beds, for individual travellers or couples, and also for families or groups of friends in our exclusive “Family Rooms” with capacity of up to for people.Take advantage of our free coffee service and our two free internet points, found in the reception area, and our free bike rent to get to know the city in a unique and original way!Ask our friendly staff for advice on the best shopping and dining areas, and for reservations for local excursions and shows. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you are travelling with your pet or have any other special requests – we will do our best to assure that your stay is a pleasant and comfortable as possible! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Petit Palace Plaza Espana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Palace San Bernardo Hotel Madrid
- Petit Palace San Bernardo Madrid