ME BY MELIA MADRID Reina Victoria
Hotels.com
US$154
US$137
Room Mate Hotels
NH Madrid Ventas(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$236
US$231
Only YOU Hotels
3,323 results
All reviewsrooftop barmode roommaxi barana la santagreat locationtapasthe penthouseoverlooking the squaretrendy hotelmini baramazing hotelstandard roombars and restaurantsgreat showeran upgraderooms are smalllong weekend
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The bottom line: if you are young and hip, you might want to splurge on a room at the ME. For older folks, the ME is like a Marriot Courtyard hotel but with a hip ambiance that's useless to you.

Pluses:
Staff are pleasant and friendly.
The Supreme room is a nice size.
Street noise was not an issue (in February).
Noise from adjacent rooms and hallway was suitably muffled.
The room was kept spotless by staff.

Minuses:
The room curtains don't block out all the light.
The rooms have a complicated lighting system.
Supreme rooms may or may not have a view, as the ME counts rooms facing the little triangular strip on the side of the hotel (Plaza del Angel) as having a view.
I got a rug burn on my elbow from the sheets.
Everything is overpriced, e.g., a mini can of Pringles from the minibar is 6 euros; a drink at the hotel bar is 13 euros.
Key cards demagnetize frequently - we had get ours replaced twice.
We received our wake up call one hour early (ugh), but instead of acknowledging the mistake, staff hung up.
Wifi was either slow or non-working for the seven days we were there.

Regarding the key cards, when we went to get ours replaced the second time, the man at the desk asked us "Did you take any trains? Did you go to any museums?" He told us that going through security can demagnetize their cards. I thought it was pretty amusing that he thought we'd come all the way to Madrid and not go to any museums (e.g. they have this famous one there called The Prado) or take a train.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kurt12
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Really enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Excellent room amenities.Also in good walking distance of all the art galleries.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2012

On the good side, its a nicely decorated, modern hotel in a great location in the centre of Madrid, surrounded by loads of bars and restaurants. It also has a very nice bar on the roof (although you don't have to be staying at the hotel to enjoy that) and there's free wi-fi.

On the bad side, the standard rooms are tiny (we were told on check-in that we had been given one of the larger rooms, so I dread to think what the others are like) and, at close to €200 a night, its just too expensive for what you're getting.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bikiniamber
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I haven't stayed here, therefore I can't give my opinion about rooms or other in room services, but last night I was in the bar for few drinks with my friends.
We were in a get together weekend after not seeing each other for a long time and as anybody could imagine, we were cheerful and excited.
When we came in one of the bar tenders approached the other one and made an extremely bad comment about us being drunk and some other things I would prefer not to state in here. It was perfectly audible.
Firstly, it was not the case but I was really surprised specially when they did not know wether we were hotel guests or not.
I asked to speak with the manager as the two of them were making us feel very uncomfortable and all what I got from the manager was a poor apology.
Sincerely, I did notice during my weekend how the service in Madrid has gone down terribly...but I would never imagine that in a place where you pay €12 for a drink (please take into consideration Spain's salaries and level of life) you would get that type of service or attitude.
I'm sure they would not care about this review as they do not care about their potential customers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank Ellefolk
MEMadrid, Manager at ME BY MELIA MADRID Reina Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear customer,

Many thanks for sharing your ME experience at Tripadvisor.

However I would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences caused at our ME Lounge.
I would really like to follow up on your case a little bit deeply so if you could e-mail me at this adress, I would be very pleased to assist you. "jose.arenas@melia.com"

Yours sincerely,

José Arenas
Senior Aura Experience Manager

Reviewed January 31, 2012

For 200 euros a night, we had a room as big as a closet (literally). And we always felt that the hallways smelled of an after-party...if you know what I mean. The clientele were mostly slightly older people who were trying to be hip. We liked the area, very central and could walk to all the plazas, but I wouldn't strongly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple