“Excellent in so many ways!”

ME Madrid Reina Victoria
Ranked #56 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just back from 3 days in Madrid. Fantastic location, superb customer service from start to finish, small touches here and there, makes a great deal of difference. Miriam was a joy to deal with as was alvaro. Rooms were a decent size considering the location. Room 510 was our room, incredible view overlooking the plaza. Only negative is the noise, music could be heard in room next door, and on Friday night was quite noisy on the plaza if you are trying to sleep, but if I was returning to Madrid I would definitely book this hotel and room( not if, but when). We have been to Rome, Paris, London, Barcelona, Lisbon, Prague, and Amsterdam on city breaks and Madrid easily beats them all! Such fantastic people, fab customer service, super value and locals everywhere, no real tourist traps.

• Stayed: March 2012
There are newer reviews for ME Madrid Reina Victoria

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, and it's an ideal springboard into Madrid due to the perfect location. The conference facility is good. The staff are friendly and professional, the breakfast is great, the room is small but sufficient, and overall the experience is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank JacquiAb
MEMadrid, Manager at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Dear JacquiAb,

Thank you very much for your very kind words regarding your experience at ME Madrid Hotel.

We hope to welcome you soon back!

Jose Arenas
Aura Experience Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Positives

Great location in the heart of the city...close to the shops, bars & restaurants
Fantastic shower
Spacious bathroom
Incredibly comfortable bed
Turn down service with chocolates on the pillows - yum!
Superior customer service from the hotel staff - nothing is too much trouble for them
Free wi-fi that was very reliable
Great lighting system in the room including 'sexy lights' which are very romantic
Good AC system

Negatives

Cramped room - no room to walk around the bed - wouldn't recommend if you were claustrophobic
Expensive breakfast at €25 - limited hot breakfast items
Ask for a room with a view as you could get one with a view of a wall like me
Avoid room 432

Room Tip: Avoid room 432 as the view is of another hotel wall, ask for a room with a view of the square
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lanternlighter

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your ME experience with us.

Your comments are very helpful and take this oportunity to apologize for the inconveniences caused with the size of the room. On your next stay we have to make sure you will enjoy one of our Supreme Rooms.

Best regards,

Jose Arenas
Aura Experience Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The bottom line: if you are young and hip, you might want to splurge on a room at the ME. For older folks, the ME is like a Marriot Courtyard hotel but with a hip ambiance that's useless to you.

Pluses:
Staff are pleasant and friendly.
The Supreme room is a nice size.
Street noise was not an issue (in February).
Noise from adjacent rooms and hallway was suitably muffled.
The room was kept spotless by staff.

Minuses:
The room curtains don't block out all the light.
The rooms have a complicated lighting system.
Supreme rooms may or may not have a view, as the ME counts rooms facing the little triangular strip on the side of the hotel (Plaza del Angel) as having a view.
I got a rug burn on my elbow from the sheets.
Everything is overpriced, e.g., a mini can of Pringles from the minibar is 6 euros; a drink at the hotel bar is 13 euros.
Key cards demagnetize frequently - we had get ours replaced twice.
We received our wake up call one hour early (ugh), but instead of acknowledging the mistake, staff hung up.
Wifi was either slow or non-working for the seven days we were there.

Regarding the key cards, when we went to get ours replaced the second time, the man at the desk asked us "Did you take any trains? Did you go to any museums?" He told us that going through security can demagnetize their cards. I thought it was pretty amusing that he thought we'd come all the way to Madrid and not go to any museums (e.g. they have this famous one there called The Prado) or take a train.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kurt12
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Really enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Excellent room amenities.Also in good walking distance of all the art galleries.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

On the good side, its a nicely decorated, modern hotel in a great location in the centre of Madrid, surrounded by loads of bars and restaurants. It also has a very nice bar on the roof (although you don't have to be staying at the hotel to enjoy that) and there's free wi-fi.

On the bad side, the standard rooms are tiny (we were told on check-in that we had been given one of the larger rooms, so I dread to think what the others are like) and, at close to €200 a night, its just too expensive for what you're getting.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bikiniamber
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I haven't stayed here, therefore I can't give my opinion about rooms or other in room services, but last night I was in the bar for few drinks with my friends.
We were in a get together weekend after not seeing each other for a long time and as anybody could imagine, we were cheerful and excited.
When we came in one of the bar tenders approached the other one and made an extremely bad comment about us being drunk and some other things I would prefer not to state in here. It was perfectly audible.
Firstly, it was not the case but I was really surprised specially when they did not know wether we were hotel guests or not.
I asked to speak with the manager as the two of them were making us feel very uncomfortable and all what I got from the manager was a poor apology.
Sincerely, I did notice during my weekend how the service in Madrid has gone down terribly...but I would never imagine that in a place where you pay €12 for a drink (please take into consideration Spain's salaries and level of life) you would get that type of service or attitude.
I'm sure they would not care about this review as they do not care about their potential customers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Ellefolk
MEMadrid, Manager at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear customer,

Many thanks for sharing your ME experience at Tripadvisor.

However I would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences caused at our ME Lounge.
I would really like to follow up on your case a little bit deeply so if you could e-mail me at this adress, I would be very pleased to assist you. "jose.arenas@melia.com"

Yours sincerely,