3,183 results
All reviewssea viewjacuzzi roomrooftop barbranded drinksold townglass of sangriaon arrivalopposite the beachfantastic hotelspa areapremium brandsentertainment roombar staffother hotelssea frontsun terraceall inclusive package
Reviewed March 5, 2017

I booked a weeks holiday as a winter break with my wife and our friends to celebrate our anniversary and my wife's birthday, I emailed the hotel on 2 occasions and my wife also emailed them once to inform them we were celebrating our anniversary and that we were traveling with friends and would like adjoining rooms, to our surprise we never received an answer or even a confirmation that the emails were received which is disappointing (my wife spoke to the receptionist about this on arrival but we are still waiting for a reply). On arrival I was surprised at how small the reception area was but the staff were very helpful at the point of check in but we did not receive adjoining rooms as requested which was disappointing but we did manage to get rooms on the same floor. (The hotel was very busy on the dates we were there which was probably why we did not get adjoining rooms).
The rooms are very nice, we had booked sea view rooms (which I would recommend) The hotel in my opinion has some basic layout issues, firstly the pool area is reached by going past the reception and along a corridor thankfully there is a lift for those who require access to the pool area (which is quite small given the size of the hotel) and the small gym other than climbing four flights of stairs, the other issue is there are no toilet or bar facilities and you have to go back down to the reception area to use the toilet and further along to get to the bar. The pool could be doing with cleaning and some repairs. The bar area did not have a lot of seating and given we were there in February the outside seating area could get very cold although is the summer months I imagine this would be a very pleasant area to sit and relax with a small refreshment if it was not for the fact that the general public like to walk along through this area (it should be blocked off with either a glass screen or ropes) My wife and fried used the Spa facilities (each visitor received 1 hours free use if you are booked all inclusive for 7 days) but she was not really impresses with this and the fact you had to but slippers and a hat every time you wanted to use the spa at a cost od 3.5 euros. The hotel also had a child free chill out area on the roof top where you can escape too which had a bar, seating and beds and the views were excellent although it was a bit cold and breezy in February but I would imagine in the summer it would be the place to be if you are up early enough to get a bed.
The food in the hotel was of a very high quality and at no time were we not able to find something that suited. I think the hotel needs to figure out what it wants to be either a boutique hotel or a family hotel, The entertainment each night was good and varied (big thanks goes to Alexis who was an excellent host), I also thought some of the bar and dining staff could be a bit more happier but overall they were all very helpful.
Would I recommend this hotel, yes I probably would, would I go back I'm not sure if I would as I have been in better hotels in Benidorm (Sandos Monaco and Marconfort Essence) mainly because of the layout.
Overall we had a very pleasant holiday despite my points above.

Room Tip: Always choose a sea view room
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stuart m
Director V, Director General at Villa Del Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Dear Stuart m,

First of all, thank you so much to take time to write this review. We will consider all your comments from the differents areas of our hotel to work on in and improve as much as possible to give an excellent service to our guests.
We are sorry nobody answer your emails, please next time if you wish you can contact by phone directly to our reception that is open 24hours every day of the year.
Just want to let you know that we will Alexis knows about your feedback and that we are making a deep cleaning right now to our swimming pool.

Hope finally you decide to visit us again so you can see our improvements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

Really clean and nice hotel. Really good food and location.
It was really good holiday, just 10m from beach. Every day they clean rooms. The only 1 minus for really poor wi-fi.
We have sea view which was beautiful from morning till night.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Director V, Director General at Villa Del Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2017

Dear Paulinka 1986,

Our maintenance team have checked the wifi, hope next time you visit us could enjoy it much better.
I am really glad you enjoy our privileged views and hope to see you soon

Regards

Reviewed March 5, 2017

First time at this hotel. Went all exclusive. Food variety, quality and quantity was excellent. Branded drinks, cocktails and quality wines freely available. All staff were always polite and helpful. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Book a sea view room
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Director V, Director General at Villa Del Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Dear A F,

Cant wait to see you again at Villa del Mar.
Thank you for your time to write this nice words!

Regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2017

This lovely hotel is situated right on the front of the quieter Poniente beach side of Benidorm, about 10 minutes stroll away from the intriguing myriad of streets and alleyways of the charming Old Town.The hotel is relatively small particularly by Benidorm standards,and this adds to the intimate friendly feel that exists between the staff and their guests,
The holiday got off to a good start with the efficient and welcoming check-in and the allocation of a high floor room that had been requested at the time of booking. A nice glass of cava or sangria eased the process. In fact cava seems to be "on tap" in the reception and dining area at all times. The bedroom was modern , well-lit and spacious, and well equipped with air-con/heating control, room safe (3 euros per day), coffee/tea making facility and refrigerator. The bathroom was adequate although the shower was a bit quirky (I had to ask for help in understanding its operation but the engineer arrived just seconds after making the request). The room and the rest of the hotel were kept in pristine condition by the hard-working and friendly housekeeping staff.
The restaurant was always busy but there was never a problem finding a table and the head waiter was always present with a friendly greeting and the offer of a complimentary glass of cava. Food was plentiful with great variety. alongside the good selection of meat and fish dishes. There was always at least one rice dish and several pasta options. I particularly enjoyed some of the more traditional Spanish meals - liver, rabbit casserole, Spanish potatoes etc - but I had to draw the line at pigs cheek (considered to be quite a delicacy!). The 'all inclusive' package offered a good selection of quality wines served by the bottle, as well as any other drinks.The food was constantly replenished by the busy chefs and tables were cleared immediately by the friendly and efficient waiters. In addition to the main meals a good range of quality tapas was available virtually all day.
The main bar is quite small but the service is never compromised and premium brands and large measures are available on the A/I package.The seating area is limited but there is a covered canopy at the front of the hotel running its full length with tables and chairs; a great spot for enjoying drinks and tapas while watching the world go by. An alternative is to visit the 'chill-out' bar on the rooftop. This is a stunning area with white leather sun-loungers and arm chairs..Its great for sunbathing and well, just chilling out. This must be a magical place to visit in the evening during the warm weather. Also, there is a further bar open in the evenings in the concert room.
So, are there any negatives? Well, none of the rooms have balconies and, in my opinion, the entertainment was, being kind, "average". These issues are of no consequence to me but, despite all the other positives, if these are important aspects of your holiday it may be advisable to look elsewhere. My holiday at the Villa Del Mar was most enjoyable in every way and the 'all-inclusive' package represents incredible value for money; particularly if reserved direct via the hotel's website, where I found prices to be lower than any of the usual booking agencies.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill I

Dear Bill I,

Your review is amazing...we know we have some strengths and weaknesses and we must continue working everyday to give our guests the best of Villa del Mar.

Thank you so much for your feedback and hope to see you again to enjoy our great All Inclusive!!!

Kind regards

Reviewed March 4, 2017

having never stayed in Benidorm before we weren't sure which hotel to stay at but I'm very glad we spotted this little gem ,right on the beach front located near the old town ,we were allocated a room on the 6th floor we had booked a sea view with the Jacuzzi in it couldn't have got a better room ,on arrival you are given a glass of cava which is a nice touch ,no porters to take your cases to your room but that's not required as rooms are easily located ,the food was out of this world plenty of choice for everyone even the fussiest eaters ,all the drinks are branded none of the local stuff people might expect and its not silly measures you get either ,all the rooms are spotlessly clean and as someone wrote on here before saying there wasn't enough coathangers no idea where they got that idea from there was more than enough in our room ,word of advise please carry your room card with you at all times as you need it to hand over in the restaurant and also at the bar to get your drinks they just swipe it at the tills and give you it back ,we spent most days up in the chill out are on the 9th floor nice viewing area with tables and chairs ,beds and also a bar ,a massive thank you to all the staff in the hotel from the cleaners, the bar staff ,people in the restaurant and also the folk on reception ,on my final note if people find any fault with this great hotel there must be something wrong with them ,we are already planning to come back to Benidorm for a bit longer next time as a week wasn't long enough and I know where we will be staying

Room Tip: worth paying a bit extra for the seaview with the jacuzzi
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank weebearAyrshire

Dear weebear Ayrshire,

Lot of THANKS to your lovely comment. It is amazing that you could not find any fault to us...Hope you can visit us again and continue enjoying Benidorm!

Thank you for your time!