“What a waste of time.”

Nisos Benidorm Dive Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Nisos Benidorm diving, a dive center with a young team consisting of expert instructors that will take you to the exciting underwater world in the unique setting of the Bay of Benidorm. If you are an experienced diver or have not yet experienced the adventure of diving into the sea with us you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique natural environment by professionals with vast experience diving and where security is a crucial point .
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I am visiting Benidorm later this month. I am an advanced PADI open water diver and I thought it would be nice to keep my qualification current with a days diving.

I've emailed this company at least 8 times. Jessica responded and I have still not been able to set a date to dive!

None of the club's in Benidorm do pick ups even though most tourists do not have transport and the main centre is about 3 miles away from the port where they embark.

Jessica was also pressurizing me to pay for diving insurance even though I sent her proof I had my own citing the local authorities do spot checks at sea and is get into trouble without written proof of insurance!

After the 8+ emails I gave in and asked for their PayPal account details so I could pay their 20 Euro deposit so they would pick me up. 3 days later and nothing...

I have no idea how they are still in business. Here I am a qualified experienced obviously well organised divers trying to book a dive in advance of my trip and I am still no further along.

I'm a fool to waste my time with a business that obviously doesn't care for their customers.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I read that Benidorm island was a good place to try and find sea horses. I came, I tried, I failed!!! However I met some fantastic fellow divers once again. I was made very welcome despite being the only native English speaker. Everyone made sure I was included in the day. The equipment was in excellent condition and our boat skipper Jessy was both fit and a good driver....oh and I saw barracuda, crab, moray out n swimming, abundance of stone fish and more octopus than I've seen in one day outside of a fish market. THANKYOU

2  Thank Carl B
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I wrote them one month before arriving in Benidorm and Jose was really kind and helpful to give me all the informations needed; once there I stepped in (the diving is really easy to find on one of the main road of the city) to give the details of my diving certifications and book double dives for two different days.
On dive days you met half an hour before to get ready, mount your equipment and with a minivan you easily reach the harbour where they can bring you straight in 5/10min to Benidorm Island for nice dive spots.

- Good equipment (I rented full equipment), with great availability to check and fix if anything is not working prefectly as it should be.
- Feeling always safe under water cause they are very professional.

- Missing instructors or staff with a greater knowledge of english, cause I have always been briefed very shortly about each dive spot, where to go or what to see around, cause they were clearly missing the capability to explain it to me.
- Missing the capability, compared to many other diving I attended around the world, to offer dives more aligned to each diver level: sometimes you only have the chance to join a lower level group cause you don't have the possibility to book according to dive spots and your preferences; you only discover which dives you are going to do once you are on the boath while, even taking into account variation due to weather, in many other diving I was able to book each dive spot days in advance (I asked by email and I would have like to dive La LLosa but I didn't get the chance).

1  Thank Massimo L
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

From the first point of contact with Jose by email this was clearly a very professional business.

Answered all my questions quickly and accurately.

We are a family of 4 who had never dived before, my wife was very hesitant but even she came away pleased with having done it. She doesn't even like putting her head underwater in a swimming pool let alone diving and she said that it was Jose's patience and kindness that helped her through.

We also had Susi, who was very funny and knew her stuff. Had to admit that I felt I had been told off by a teacher on a couple of occasions but she was great and would love to dive with her again.

The package included all of the gear which was in great condition, transport and a lovely boat ride out to Benidorm island.

Highly recommended and would love to do it all again if we ever return to Benidorm.

Thanks to the team at Nisos.

1  Thank dazzathestag
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Made two dives here. First dive was not that great, mostly due to my own decisions and miscommunication with the instructor. But the second dive was great! Jose and Penelope made sure we ended our day on a good note. Saw three manta rays, barracudas, scorpion fish, so location (at Benidorm island) was very nice. All equipment was in perfect condition, making the trip safe and very enjoyable!

2  Thank Quirine01