“Excellent, competent and lovely genuine people!”

Nisos Benidorm Dive Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Nisos Benidorm diving, a dive center with a young team consisting of expert instructors that will take you to the exciting underwater world in the unique setting of the Bay of Benidorm. If you are an experienced diver or have not yet experienced the adventure of diving into the sea with us you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique natural environment by professionals with vast experience diving and where security is a crucial point .
Reviewed April 27, 2017

Myself and my family had booked a week in Benidorm and I have always wanted to go diving but never done it before.
I contacted Nisos dive centre and got a very quick response from Jess. They explained everything clearly and gave me any further information I asked for before paying the deposit ( I paid a small deposit through paypall).

When I arrived at the dive centre I was a bit nervous as I have never done a dive before. Jess and the team put me at ease and gave me a very good induction to diving. They explained everything clearly and didn't make me feel silly for asking questions. I felt comfortable from the start. The whole team are so friendly. After my induction and some theory we got ready for the dive. All the kit was explained to me and I was helped with every aspect because I was a total newbie!
When I got there the day I had booked for was quite windy and the weather wasn't that great. Typically the weather had been amazing the days prior to this! When we go out we were meant to go from the boat but it was too choppy. Jess and the team then drove to another site to see if we could do a dive from the beach but Jose (The boss!) said no as it was too dangerous for an inexperienced diver. Although I was disappointed not to get a dive that day I was happy that they were competent enough to say no and not risk it. It was reassutring to know my safety came first before money. They gave me my deposit back but said they would contact me if the weather got better and try take me out again. Thankfully a few days later the weather was perfect and we managed to get out for a dive. They picked me up at my hotel and had all the gear ready as they knew my size from the previous attempt!
As for the dive itself....it was AMAZING!
I was nervous as it was new to me but Jess was with me for the entire experience. She held on to my hand the whole time and constantly checked that I was ok and comfortable under the water. After the first 10 minutes of ''this is so weird breathing underwater'' I really relaxed and felt safe and comfortable the whole time. I was under for over an our but it was so amazing it felt like it passed in 10 minutes! The visability was amazing and I seen lots of beautiful fish and creatures. I must say I never expected to see such a variety off the coast of spain. It was very clean and clear. Jess pointed out creatures and starfish that I may have missed (trying to look at everything!).
Getting out of the water is the hardest part. You get used to being weightless that as soon as you surface and try to walk back to beach you feel so heavy! Jess was there the whole time in case I fell flat on my face haha!
We went back to the centre afterwards and identified the fish and sea life that I had seen. They never took payment until I had completed my dive. I definitely would dive with them again and am considering going back to the are just to do my 3day dive course with the team! Cant fault them. Genuinely love people I hope to keep in touch with.

Thank you for the experience of a lifetime! :)

3  Thank Jennifer R
"creatures"
"company"
"spain"

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

I am visiting Benidorm later this month. I am an advanced PADI open water diver and I thought it would be nice to keep my qualification current with a days diving.

I've emailed this company at least 8 times. Jessica responded and I have still not been able to set a date to dive!

None of the club's in Benidorm do pick ups even though most tourists do not have transport and the main centre is about 3 miles away from the port where they embark.

Jessica was also pressurizing me to pay for diving insurance even though I sent her proof I had my own citing the local authorities do spot checks at sea and is get into trouble without written proof of insurance!

After the 8+ emails I gave in and asked for their PayPal account details so I could pay their 20 Euro deposit so they would pick me up. 3 days later and nothing...

I have no idea how they are still in business. Here I am a qualified experienced obviously well organised divers trying to book a dive in advance of my trip and I am still no further along.

I'm a fool to waste my time with a business that obviously doesn't care for their customers.

3  Thank Garry_Morgan
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

I read that Benidorm island was a good place to try and find sea horses. I came, I tried, I failed!!! However I met some fantastic fellow divers once again. I was made very welcome despite being the only native English speaker. Everyone made sure I was included in the day. The equipment was in excellent condition and our boat skipper Jessy was both fit and a good driver....oh and I saw barracuda, crab, moray out n swimming, abundance of stone fish and more octopus than I've seen in one day outside of a fish market. THANKYOU

2  Thank Carl B
Reviewed August 23, 2016

I wrote them one month before arriving in Benidorm and Jose was really kind and helpful to give me all the informations needed; once there I stepped in (the diving is really easy to find on one of the main road of the city) to give the details of my diving certifications and book double dives for two different days.
On dive days you met half an hour before to get ready, mount your equipment and with a minivan you easily reach the harbour where they can bring you straight in 5/10min to Benidorm Island for nice dive spots.

- Good equipment (I rented full equipment), with great availability to check and fix if anything is not working prefectly as it should be.
- Feeling always safe under water cause they are very professional.

- Missing instructors or staff with a greater knowledge of english, cause I have always been briefed very shortly about each dive spot, where to go or what to see around, cause they were clearly missing the capability to explain it to me.
- Missing the capability, compared to many other diving I attended around the world, to offer dives more aligned to each diver level: sometimes you only have the chance to join a lower level group cause you don't have the possibility to book according to dive spots and your preferences; you only discover which dives you are going to do once you are on the boath while, even taking into account variation due to weather, in many other diving I was able to book each dive spot days in advance (I asked by email and I would have like to dive La LLosa but I didn't get the chance).

1  Thank Massimo L
See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

From the first point of contact with Jose by email this was clearly a very professional business.

Answered all my questions quickly and accurately.

We are a family of 4 who had never dived before, my wife was very hesitant but even she came away pleased with having done it. She doesn't even like putting her head underwater in a swimming pool let alone diving and she said that it was Jose's patience and kindness that helped her through.

We also had Susi, who was very funny and knew her stuff. Had to admit that I felt I had been told off by a teacher on a couple of occasions but she was great and would love to dive with her again.

The package included all of the gear which was in great condition, transport and a lovely boat ride out to Benidorm island.

Highly recommended and would love to do it all again if we ever return to Benidorm.

Thanks to the team at Nisos.

1  Thank dazzathestag