“Great Dive School”

Nisos Benidorm Dive Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Nisos Benidorm diving, a dive center with a young team consisting of expert instructors that will take you to the exciting underwater world in the unique setting of the Bay of Benidorm. If you are an experienced diver or have not yet experienced the adventure of diving into the sea with us you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique natural environment by professionals with vast experience diving and where security is a crucial point .
Reviewed June 30, 2017

Went there to get my PADI Open Water certification and recommend it to anyone looking to get into diving.

Good instructors and good place for beginner diving.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"company"
"spain"

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely centre that I've that I've been back to 2 times. The staff are always friendly and very helpful. The equipment that is hired is all brand-new and impeccably looked after and serviced. If anything has been damaged on a dive they replace it immediately and do not compromise anyones safety, unlike a number of dive centres on this coast. The dive briefings are very concise and everything is set out before you dive in many languages. Normally they dive off a boat off an island very close to Benidorm. The sea life is fantastic lots and lots of fish,rays octopuses etc. Plenty to see and different underwater terrains, we even waved at an underwater submarine/boat at 17m

The cylinders are normally @ 200 bar and we got to dive between 5 and 25 m. There are no short dives here, they were all around 45 mins to an hour long....Great value for money.

I guess the only downside is that you're not close to the beach/ harbour when kitting up however you have a 2 min van ride to the harbour/boat. This is done seamlessly by the staff and everyone knows how to make the best of the situation and they sort out all your gear and load it on the van etc. supermarkets and cafes are all around the dive centre for coffee, cakes and after dive beers etc.

They have a small shop on site which is well-stocked and the equipment is very cheap and discount is given for centre divers.

If you're in this area and want a dive centre this is the place to come. People never think Benidorm has any sea life because of its reputation , it is the best sea life I've seen so far in the Mediterranean!!!

Reviewed May 31, 2017

very comfortable very relaxing great experience for kids and adults alike defiantly do again would highly recommend this group

Reviewed April 27, 2017

Myself and my family had booked a week in Benidorm and I have always wanted to go diving but never done it before.
I contacted Nisos dive centre and got a very quick response from Jess. They explained everything clearly and gave me any further information I asked for before paying the deposit ( I paid a small deposit through paypall).

When I arrived at the dive centre I was a bit nervous as I have never done a dive before. Jess and the team put me at ease and gave me a very good induction to diving. They explained everything clearly and didn't make me feel silly for asking questions. I felt comfortable from the start. The whole team are so friendly. After my induction and some theory we got ready for the dive. All the kit was explained to me and I was helped with every aspect because I was a total newbie!
When I got there the day I had booked for was quite windy and the weather wasn't that great. Typically the weather had been amazing the days prior to this! When we go out we were meant to go from the boat but it was too choppy. Jess and the team then drove to another site to see if we could do a dive from the beach but Jose (The boss!) said no as it was too dangerous for an inexperienced diver. Although I was disappointed not to get a dive that day I was happy that they were competent enough to say no and not risk it. It was reassutring to know my safety came first before money. They gave me my deposit back but said they would contact me if the weather got better and try take me out again. Thankfully a few days later the weather was perfect and we managed to get out for a dive. They picked me up at my hotel and had all the gear ready as they knew my size from the previous attempt!
As for the dive itself....it was AMAZING!
I was nervous as it was new to me but Jess was with me for the entire experience. She held on to my hand the whole time and constantly checked that I was ok and comfortable under the water. After the first 10 minutes of ''this is so weird breathing underwater'' I really relaxed and felt safe and comfortable the whole time. I was under for over an our but it was so amazing it felt like it passed in 10 minutes! The visability was amazing and I seen lots of beautiful fish and creatures. I must say I never expected to see such a variety off the coast of spain. It was very clean and clear. Jess pointed out creatures and starfish that I may have missed (trying to look at everything!).
Getting out of the water is the hardest part. You get used to being weightless that as soon as you surface and try to walk back to beach you feel so heavy! Jess was there the whole time in case I fell flat on my face haha!
We went back to the centre afterwards and identified the fish and sea life that I had seen. They never took payment until I had completed my dive. I definitely would dive with them again and am considering going back to the are just to do my 3day dive course with the team! Cant fault them. Genuinely love people I hope to keep in touch with.

Thank you for the experience of a lifetime! :)

3  Thank Jennifer R
See more reviews
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

I am visiting Benidorm later this month. I am an advanced PADI open water diver and I thought it would be nice to keep my qualification current with a days diving.

I've emailed this company at least 8 times. Jessica responded and I have still not been able to set a date to dive!

None of the club's in Benidorm do pick ups even though most tourists do not have transport and the main centre is about 3 miles away from the port where they embark.

Jessica was also pressurizing me to pay for diving insurance even though I sent her proof I had my own citing the local authorities do spot checks at sea and is get into trouble without written proof of insurance!

After the 8+ emails I gave in and asked for their PayPal account details so I could pay their 20 Euro deposit so they would pick me up. 3 days later and nothing...

I have no idea how they are still in business. Here I am a qualified experienced obviously well organised divers trying to book a dive in advance of my trip and I am still no further along.

I'm a fool to waste my time with a business that obviously doesn't care for their customers.

3  Thank Garry_Morgan