2,107 results
All reviews sea view old town poniente beach indoor pool excellent hotel all departments bar staff plenty of choice bottle of cava tea and coffee making facilities winter break bar prices entertainment every night sea front every meal gala dinner hotel is situated
Reviewed December 16, 2015

this is a fantastic hotel stayed this december wonderful food,entertainment is fantastic staff can't do enough for you recommend to anyone who wants a great holiday. very lose to shops and transport also only a 15-20 min walk to new benidorm.

Room tip: all rooms quiet about half have sea veiw
6  Thank margaret g
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2015

Good Morning Margaret,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar and for taking time to write about your winter break.

I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed our “fantastic” hotel, food, ents and staff. You've made my day.

Hope to see you again soon, very best wishes for Christmas and the New Year,

Marta Gomez –Manager

Reviewed December 15, 2015

My husband and I have just returned from this lovely hotel and cannot believe some of the negative reviews. Firstly if you do not want a room at the back of the hotel you may pay for a sea view as we always have. It would not be fair of the hotel to allocate sea view rooms to those that have not paid for it .The staff have to be fair to other guests. We had room 408. The beds and pillows were the most comfortable I have ever experienced in a hotel.I had to force myself out of it in the morning. I am assuming that the mattresses and pillows are the same in all the rooms. There is a very varied amount of food and it was lovely. There were always salads,meats,cheeses and vegetables. Also at least two traditional Spanish dishes. We have requested a change of room in the past and the staff did their utmost to change our room and reach a satisfactory solution. The entertainment is no worse than anywhere else. I did not get the entertainment ladies name but she could really sing!!! she was amiable,entertaining and as professional as any of the acts. Bar staff,cleaners,waiting staff all good and reception staff wonderful. This hotel also has a lot of Spanish/French/German guests and young families with babies/children made really welcome.My husband and I would not hesitate to return to this hotel as consider it good value for money and have had no gripes. Well done to all !!!

Room tip: if you want sun in the winter,pay for a sea view room. Cooler room at back of hotel
5  Thank laviniabexley
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2015

Good Morning Laviniabexley,

Thank you very much for restoring my faith in human nature.

I am delighted to read you had an excellent weeks stay and appreciate very much your feedback.

I will of course share your review with the team; it will certainly motivate them after recent comments.

We every much hope to welcome you back again in the near future,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and my very best wishes for Christmas and the New Year

Reviewed December 12, 2015

Can concur with reviewer "eadieman". We too, were there 1st - 8th December 2015.

The hotel is clean and bright in the public areas, the food was well cooked but a limited choice for me (cheese allergy) I accept that I am self limiting in choice anyway. . . . . . and we are not a "chips with everything" couple!! Waiting staff were excellent. The bar staff were very attentive and prices were good. Entertainment - which we usually would not bother with - was enjoyable at the beginning of the week - not so much our taste later in the week - all followed by line dancing nightly. All rooms appear to be the same size and layout - large and comfortable, however our room on the rear was cold and dark. Beds were comfortable, had tea/coffee kettle/fridge etc. Bathroom was usual Benidorm standard but no extractor fan and although there was a hairdryer I would recommend you take your own as not really powerful enough. The hotel is situated on the Poniente side which we prefer and we were looking for a replacement to our preferred hotel the Mar Blau (as it is currently closed) to use on our twice yearly visits to Benidorm - having visited some 50+ times over the last 30 years we have experienced MANY hotels in Benidorm and I would have loved to have given this hotel a great big thumbs up and be looking forward to our next visit but sadly no - such a disappointment.

Regrettably we were also allocated a room at the rear of the building. The fact that it overlooks the cemetery was never an issue - it is, as others have stated, small and well kept. The issue on the rear of the property is the fact that it gets NO sun whatsoever, rendering the balcony unusable and unable to dry clothes/towels etc. Day one we waited to see whether maybe the room was one which attracted the "late" sun. When we found that it did not we asked at reception if any other rooms were available - we were offered 411 - a sea view room at 94.5 euros extra. NO alternate "standard" rooms were offered. We decided not to accept the "sea view" room due to the fact that we could still hear the Kango/road digger ( ALL DAY EVERY DAY!!!) and it being a corner room meant that it was VERY breezy too. Later in the week we decided to enquire again whether there were any other rooms available but reception staff said nothing available - the hotel did not appear to be full. On the penultimate day we raised our concerns with the Thomson rep on site who appeared to be "aware" of the situation as a recurring situation and stated that the rooms on either side of the hotel - overlooking the street #12 and overlooking the pool #1 are standard rooms but no mention of these were ever made during our 3 enquires at reception. 301 did not appear to have occupants at all for all the time we were there.

For those of you who may wish to book - rooms #2 - 11 (left to right from the front) are sea view. #1 overlook the pool/sea. Rooms #12 overlook the main road/sea. #13 - 20 on the rear. I booked through Holiday Hypermarket were I am unaware of the ability to book a "sea view" however I am aware that when booking via Thomson directly I can select a sea view room and SEE the £ extra BEFORE I book thus it is my choice and less of a lottery. Disappointed.

Room tip: If you're going for the sun . . . . . be careful which room you book!!!
4  Thank sightseer123

Hello Sightseer123,

Thank you for your feedback on the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

I am surprised knowing the area and travelling to the Mar Blau frequently that you didn’t book a sea view room, as both hotels have rooms that look onto the front or the back.
We have done nothing wrong but allocate a room that you booked. There is as beautiful beach across the road to enjoy the sun, our terrace outside and pool area, so although you didn’t want to sit on the balcony you could have enjoyed the sun.

I can tell you that the hotel was FULL during your stay and we had the popular long bank holiday weekend from the 5th – 8th Dec.

I am sorry about the building work in the street, which is being carried out by the council and totally out of our control; however they were not working over the bank holiday.

The rooms on either side you refer too are standard rooms, maybe it wasn’t made clear the ones on the front of the building don’t have balconies? The pool view rooms are standard and there are just seven all of which were full, which is why they were not offered.

Have a lovely Christmas and I hope you can return to your chosen hotel on your next visit,

Reviewed December 11, 2015

We had two great stays here in 2012.this stay was AWFUL !! standards have slipped ! I will just list all the bad things.our room was over the kitchen constant noise day and night.vans dropping supplies noisey.staff smoking under our balcony.smelly.constant road traffic.noisey.and a cardboard crushing machine.noisey.their was two holes in the ceiling and a large stain next to the air con.the kettle didn't work.asked at reception but nouthing was done !the beds were uncomfy.the food wasn't good.a lot of dishes were over salted.never went in the last three days.horrible.entertainment utter rubbish ! just duo's. every tune that came on people line danced to it.it was like a retirement home.i saw not one but two members of bar staff pick their nose and wipe their finger on their trousers.then continue serving drinks disgusting ! and outside the entrance they were smashing the road up again.very noisey.every thing was a joke and totally annoying.and then you may wonder why didn't you complain? would it have made any difference.lets face they couldn't even fix the kettle. my advice choose carefully.and lastly marta gomez don't bother with a reply thank you.

Room tip: rooms at the front are best.but you have to pay them more money !!
7  Thank altitudeCheshire

Good Morning altitudecheshire,

Keeping to tradition I will respond to your review. Firstly I am sorry that your last stay didn’t live up to your expectations. Having looked back at your previous stays I can see in January 12 you had room 105 on the front of the hotel, although you hadn't booked this it was lucky for you. In May 2012 you had room 614, at the back of the hotel however in the summer the sun gets round in the afternoon to the corners and being high up is further from the street. On this occasion you had a low floor room 119, there was no request on your booking for anything specific and although we can’t guarantee requests we do try. I also don’t understand if your room was noisy why you didn’t request a room change at reception.

You say the beds are uncomfortable which I don’t understand; they were not uncomfortable for you in the past. Whilst I respect your views on the food the truth is our food scores are very good for the month of November from customer feedback questionnaires which cover your stay from the 24th – 01st Dec. We have not had any complaints and certainly not of the food being over salted.

With regard to the entertainment I am sorry it was not to your taste and you think it looked like a retirement home. Many guests will find that comment offensive and I am sure you wouldn't want somebody close to you being tarnished with that sort of talk. Old age comes to us all and I personally have lived through a family tragedy where that person never got to retire, so I am sorry but I hope all our guests keep coming back old or not. Don’t forget also that the clientèle changes with the seasons and in the summer the younger generations are here.

I think the comment on the bar staff is not true; however I have fed this information back to them.

I have been to room 119 and the kettle is working, so I really don’t understand your comment saying it didn’t work.

I would normally say we look forward to welcoming you back, but as you mention this was your last visit, so Darren and Deborah I will wish you both a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Reviewed December 10, 2015

Just back from a 2 week holiday.hotel is spotless.lovely spacious room with a sea view.food is very varied.there is something for all tastes..tea coffee making facilities in room tea coffee milk replenished daily.small fridge ideal for keeping your drinks cold.toiletries in bathroom replenished daily.could not fault the staff reception staff very efficient.cleaners restaurant staff and bar staff all very friendly and attentive.will be back.

Room tip: Sea view rooms worth the extra
Date of stay: November 2015
8  Thank Margaret T
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2015

Dear Margaret,

My sincere thanks for taking time to write a review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

I am really happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and the food, along with the facilities of the Hotel.

We look forward very much to welcoming you back in the near future,

My very best wishes for the festive season,