“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #31 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Conwy
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Spent a week in this hotel during the last week of August with my daughter and my brother and his son. I had requested a sea view room for myself and my daughter and was slightly dissapointed to be given a corner room with a side sea view on the fifth floor - the room was a bit on the small side so my brother gallantly let me have his room which had more space and a larger balcony and a lovely mountain view. A lot of the reviews on here say that the corner rooms are large so perhaps the higher the floor the better and to be fair the receptionist did her best to put our rooms close together. We arrived late evening and a cold supper had been kept for us - you will always find this with servigroup hotels. We were full board - you will often find that the difference between half and full board is minimal in Spanish type hotels and the buffet food was always delicious - trouble was the desserts were to die for and you can help yourself to delicious ice cream from a machine - we love to eat out when we go abroad but the food was just so good that we just didn't get round to it !! I would have a bottle of wine with my evening meal and I liked the fact that I could take it out with me to finish at leisure on the patio where we liked to sit and chill for a while after dinner.
Having stayed at the Gran Bali a few years ago I knew what to expect from the location and chose it purposely as we wanted a quiet holiday this time. The fantastic thing about Benidorm is that you can be totally in the thick of things in the new town - or you can be in the hustle and bustle of the picturesque old town or you can be in the location of this hotel in a much quieter Spanish area. I personally prefer the Spanish hotels along with the Spanish clientelle - if I stay in the new town I prefer the Pueblo hotel as a large proportion of their clientelle happen to be Spanish even though they are in the so called "English Section" of Benidorm !! If you want English entertainment every night then this hotel is not for you - you need to look at hotels such as the Ambassador etc - however that is not to say that the animation team at this hotel weren't friendly to the English - quite the opposite, they always made a fuss of my 8 year old nephew and my teenage daughter and the couple of nights that we stayed at the hotel we enjoyed. I loved that fact that there was no sunbed bagging - the Spanish simply don't do it and there was always plenty of sunbeds and the pool was lovely for our children to play in and for me to have a much needed swim ! I read in an earlier review that you could reach the beach down some steps - so off I went for an afternoon walk - I really don't recommend doing this unless you are very fit - they go on for ever - I think I would have had a heart attack if I had taken the children with me as there is no rail and they are very steep !!! If you walk past the gran bali and follow the road you will find the supermarket - it shuts on a Sunday though as I found out to my dismay after hiking down there to buy water for our room !!! Its a great supermarket though and if you like a tipple on your balcony you will find Cava for less than 2 euro's and good prices on spirits and beer. When we stayed at the Gran Bali we went to the beach nearly every day - its a lovely walk, however in the Torre Dorada we liked the pool area so much we tended to stay there. You can walk along the beach to the old town and as stated in earlier reviews there are bus stops right outside the Gran Bali - we found the taxi's really reasonable though - I have been going to Benidorm for many years and have never been overcharged by a taxi - do pay a visit to the high point which is between the Levanti and Ponienti beaches - the views are spectacular and in the evenings have lovely stalls and crafts going on all around. A last mention for this hotel has to go to the staff - always pleasant and friendly - even when rushed off their feet !

Room Tip: I would have loved a room with a full on sea view however the views of the mountains are really spec...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank LorraineConwy
Hoteles_Servigroup, Customer Service at Servigroup Torre Dorada, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear LorraineConwy,

We want to thank the kind comments made from our hotel through Tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure for us to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Regarding your sea view request, we have to say that we are unable to guarantee requests as they depend on availability, but the hotel always tries it´s best to provide them.
We have to say that there is no need to go down the steps, you can also reach the beach through a lift that is situated in the solarium of the hotel and takes you 3 storeys down to the bottom part and then there is only a very little walk to the beach.
We hope to see you soon.

Customer Service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Having just returned from an 8 day Christmas break in Benidorm,we stayed in the ...Torre Dorado...,we where on the 11th floor,the rooms where comfortable and kept very clean,the views where amazing and my balcony Huge,the staff friendly and efficient, the food was good with a great selection the christmas gala meal was 5 courses with wine etc....the drinks very reasonable, all in all a good time was had by all......Well worth a visit..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank David2250
Hoteles_Servigroup, Customer Service at Servigroup Torre Dorada, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Dear David2250,

We would like to thank your comments about our hotel and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Spent 10 days in October in this wonderful hotel food was great, room was really big with fabulous views. The staff were excellent as the cleanliness was impecable. The location was really nice away from the hussle and bussle of the new town, yet only a short taxi or bus ride away. The hill to the hotel is rather hilly but it would not put me off to return again. I would like to thank the Management for the lovely surprise of a Birthday gift I received. I would say that the Hotel is one of the best in Benidorm especially if you want a quiet relaxing break...........WELL DONE TORRE DORADA!!!

2 Thank isobel97
Cognac, France
Reviewed 6 November 2011

October 1st until 29th 2011. This is our second stay in the hotel, stayed here the same time last year. We were allocated the room with the larger balcony with a good sea view and also views of the mountains 1112 did not mind the height. The staff were very efficient and friendly with it. The reception staff were always capable of helping us even though we could not speak Spanish. They made us feel very special. We knew of the climb up to the hotel but think, although we are of a mature age, that it was very good exercise for us after eating such good meals. In such a good place to get around Benidorm. The pool always looked inviting but being a novice swimmer felt that the depth at the lower end was too much for me, ok for my husband of course. I am sure it was not quite so deep last year. Anyway the sea was quite warm. For a long stay felt that the price for car parking was a bit steep, perhaps a discount for long stay clients. Well done again to the staff of the Torre Dorada. Oh I forgot thank you to the chef, the cornish pasties and chicken pies (for us Brits) were excellent.

Room Tip: The higher the rooms are very quiet and corner suites are large and sunny.
3 Thank Lilas02
Hoteles_Servigroup, Customer Service at Servigroup Torre Dorada, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Dear Lilas02,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad tp hear yo have spent a great holidays in Servigroup Torre Dorada. We hope to see you as soon as posible.

Darwen Lancs
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Lovely sea veiws from the 9th floor ,big balcony, room a lttle small for the four of us but still ok, had everything you need including fridge , we found the beds too hard for our liking .
all meals top class,bar prices ok, only went in the pool for 2mins it was too cold,the sea was warmer,
All the staff very nice no complaints at all,
Good value booked through booking.com around £80 a night full board for the four of us.
Quite a way out from benidorm , we walked up every day ,at least 30mins to the old town and at least hour to the far end (walking fast), ,one day walked the opposit way to the next beach, that was nice and peacefull only about 15 mins walk a few bars and shops down there worth a visit,
A little tip :; hire a mobility scooter you can go twos up with the kids at 10mls an hour, save them winging about the long walks and theyre less than a tenner a day,
see peter at the bike hire shop along the front towards benidorm about 15mins walk

Room Tip: corners have a double balcony
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LeeDarwenLancs
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Flew back today after a 5 night stay at this hotel. On arrival we were quickly allocated our room and what a great room it was (712), great sea view and as it was a corner room we could also see the mountains at the back. There was also a fridge in the room which is handy if you want to take a kettle for tea/coffee in the morning.

The hotel is in a great location and we walked to the "Old Town" which is probably a half hour walk, taking a taxi back costing around 7 euro's.

The hotel itself was first class, could not fault anything. It is exceptionally clean and the food was good. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and reception staff speak very good english.

We will definitely stay again at this friendly hotel it was fantastic.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which had sea view and views of the mountains.
3 Thank jackiedunn
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We have just returned from our second stay at the Torre Dorada and we were not dissapointed. The whole experience there is great. This is a great hotel in a good location. The staff are wonderful -very helpful and friendly - especially on reception, our room maid and in the restaurant, and I cannot praise them more highly. The hotel cleanliness is first class, and as before the food continues to be excellent with lots of choice. We were intoducewd to this hotel through friends last year and I can see no reason why we wont go again. Great service at a great value. Thanks and well done to the staff and management of the Torre Dorada and Servi Group.

Room Tip: Plenty of room types and most have sea views.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends