“Value for money”

Hotel Joya
Ranked #93 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
“Value for money”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Hi, I stayed there with my missus and cousin in september and it was absolutely brilliant for a two star hotel. 15min from the town centre, 15min to the beach.The staff speaks a lil'bit english and they are very friendly. The food was not the best but can't realy complain about it. It's a great value for your money and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2011
6 Thank Beltazor1503

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Essex
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I went for the Joya hotel first on price, and very much because of the reviews, which said more Spanish use this hotel than others, that was good news, good for the Spanish good for me, but still quite a few English, I would say this hotel is geared more for the mature customer but not just necessarily older, plus a nice pool to.
The only negative about the hotel, was for me a great plus point it was a 15 minute walk to the noisy bar area so the hotel was in a nice quiet area, plus I did like the walk back after a few beers.
It was only a 5/10 minute gentle stroll to the start of the old/new part of town and beach where you find most of the locals are, very nice.
To get from Alicante airport direct to the hotel, I used Shuttledirect an excellent service for a lone traveller like me or a family; it was only about 1 Euro more than the bus, I paid £8.13 one-way.
I only booked one way not knowing about my return due to meeting friends, so to go back to Alicante airport in the end I used Alsa buses, which was very easy as the main bus station is only about a 5/7 minute walk away from the hotel.
The hotel looks like it has had a recent refurbishment and it seems to have been done well, and the out side looks a little retro and I liked it.
I found all the staff very nice, and when asked very helpful.
The buffet breakfast was quite good, not the best in the world, but for what I paid for a weeks stay good value, loads of tea coffee juice etc.
All I can say unless you want to be in the heart of the action or beach front and pay a lot more, this hotel has a lot going for it and if I ever go back to Benidorm I will stay there again, as this is my type of hotel, it just seems to have a nice feel to it, and not one of those huge hotels.
I went to Benidorm to meet at least 20 youngsters on a stag do, most of them were only staying 2/3 nights, and as it does not costs much more for 7 nights that was my plan.
For a single staying 7 nights in there hotel it was expensive, so the Joya hotel was very good value for money plus I was away from there madness being twice there age. I am writing the above line to say, I expected to hate Benidorm as I thought it would just be full of drunks, but if you keep away from the bar area it is a nice resort for those who like it busy, plus the bar area has so much choice you should not get bored.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
10 Thank Michael_In_Essex_UK
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Better than a 2 star nice and clean bit of a walk to town but the weathers great so hay ho swimming pool excelent easy to find we drove from La Marina free parking on road next to hotel (might of got lucky but parked right beside hotel with no problem) staff good all spoke good english

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Keith S
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed at Hotel Joya from 8-16th Oct. Had e-mailed Hotel a couple of weeks before going, asking for a low floor room overlooking the swimming pool. We were given room 207 which was perfect. Room was spotless and spacious for 2 people. Bathroom had full size bath with overhead shower, very large handbasin, toilet and bidet. Large wardrobe with 3 drawer chest and safe. Small dressing table with 2 drawers and small bedside cabinet with 1 drawer. Portable size TV on wall bracket which only had 1 english speaking channel ( Euro Sports ).
We were booked on H/B basis but dinner could be swapped for lunch if you asked in the morning. Breakfast was continental, cold meats, cheeses, various breads and rolls, hard boiled eggs, jams and butter. Drinks machines serving coffee & hot chocolate with boiled water for tea, which there was a various choice of T-bags. Juice machine for orange, peach, pineapple and apple juice. On some mornings there was also hot items which consisted of baked beans & bacon or hotdog style sausages.
Dinner in the evenings was pretty basic but well presented and cooked well. Usually a choice of either a meat dish or fish, veg and potatoes or chips. Seperate salad bar with all the usual salad items. Desserts very basic, mostly mousse or jelly. Had lunch 1 day which I thought was much better than evening dinner choices. Paella and pork skewers with various veg and potatoe choices.
The hotel has a bar which is very modern in design which also cooks snack items such as pizzas, toasties, paninis etc. There are 3 computer terminals which costs 1 euro per 15 mins. You can also purchase WiFi usage which started at 3.50 euros for 2 hours which can be suspended but only lasts for 1 week. There is also airhockey and pool table, small entertainment room which had music on each evening more geared towards the elderly guests.
The icing on the cake for me was the swimming pool facilites. The pool is heated from October, has a jacuzzi area at 1 end which was very warm and powerful, steps leading down to shallow end which is 92cm going up to a depth of 2 mtrs. There is also a slope next to steps for easier pool access.
On the Wednesday I had friends who turned up as a surprise for myself and daughter. They were booked into the Rocomar in Old Town which was approx 10-15 min walk away from Joya Hotel. They had only booked in for 2 nights, then came to the Joya who could not accommodate them for the Friday evening in their own room but were very happy to put extra beds into my room for the 1 evening, then book then in for the following evening into their own room.
I felt all of the staff at the Hotel were lovely and very accommodating apart from 1 member who worked in the bar area. My friends speak very good Spanish yet this member of staff was rude to my female friend when she asked for some drinks. He made out he could not understand what she was asking for even when she repeated the order 3 times. In the end she asked for something else in Spanish and he understood that, but served us with a bit of an attitude and on another occasion when we were in the bar he spoke to another guest about my friend who overheard and she went and spoke to him and told him not to be so rude. He did have the decency to look embarrassed, but we felt his attitude did not reflect the overall service we were given in this lovely Hotel.
I would recommend this Hotel for older guests and possibly just adults as there is no entertainment for children which was not a problem for my daughter as we were out every evening. They certainly make children welcome and will cater for them in the dining room as 1 evening my daughter did not like any of the choices and the chef made her chicken nuggets and chips which were not on the menu that evening.
Overall we enjoyed staying at this Hotel and the location was fine for us as we are both good walkers and enjoyed the 10-15 min walk to Old Town/beach.

Room Tip: We were in room 207 which was to the front of Hotel overlooking swimming pool. This also meant we w...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Aldente2010
Bury, Manchester
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Myself and a mate stayed 28th sept - 1st oct. Basic rooms, but very clean and tidy. I have stayed at hotels that have supposed to have been 4 star, and this place is almost as good as. You are about 10 to 15 mins walk from the beach, but you are away from all the noise of the party goers. Once you have your bearings, i found it a nice central-ish point to getting to anywhere in the beach direction you would like to go. also, the night life, may it be eating, drinking or partying, is all in the direction of the beach. Great place, and good choice, Thank you all at the Joya Hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Accomadatethis
manchester
Reviewed 2 October 2011

booked the joya as a late summer deal,very spanish (but then you are in spain)breakfast great,check in easy.all staff spoke english.but chuckled at my attempt to speak spanish (i always try even if its benidorm,sometimes its pointless because in any tourist destination in the world people speak english.walk down the hill and turn right for old town.left for english mad house square.my tip catch the number ten bus to altea ,then have a pleasent stroll to albir.fantastic little place with an uncrowded beach.and try the bar called (tapas bar)in albir for chilled beer in chilled glasses and tapas for two for 10 euros.we would stop at the joya again,as its clean cheap and not noisy.

Room Tip: front near pool
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank stannyManchester

Travellers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We have just had 3 nights 22nd-25th of sept, arrived at midnight greeted and checked in efficiently. rooms basic but spotless and cleaned everyday, clean bedding and towels. Hotel amenities very good. Hotel is a good ten minutes walk to beach/centre of benidorm but is a nice stroll, unless you dont have the use of your legs you will not need a taxi or bus you would spend more time waiting about than anything else. didnt go on holiday to watch tv so was irrelevant, rooms had air con, which ive had to pay for on a lot of more expensive hotels. staff all speak English so no problems there. Requested a balcony and pool view which I got could not hear any traffic and right on roadside. Continental breakfast was pretty basic but its so cheap to eat in town its not a problem. Lovely pool area cleaned every morning. We only paid £20 each for b&b total bargain for a lovely little hotel, if people want more they should put there hands in their pockets! Wouldnt hesitate to stop again.

Room Tip: request balcony and pool view
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple