“Amazing dinner”

Raco del Turia
Ranked #159 of 4,144 Restaurants in Valencia
Price range: US$40 - US$52
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional Valencian Cuisine. 15 different Paella dishes on the menu. Typical valencian & mediterranean starters. Wild caught fishes cooked in the oven or grilled with vegetables. Grilled beef steak & roast suckling pig. Home-made desserts. 500 labels on the wine list. The service is very professional, helpful & friendly. Enjoy your meal at our main dining room, private dining room or outside in the terrace.
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner. The food was delicious - the ingredients very fresh. The wine selection was extensive. The wait staff was knowledgeable and very friendly even though we spoke very little Spanish. Our waitress was wonderful, with great recommendations on wine. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

I went here alone and ate paëlla. I was treated very well by the staff. The atmosphere is fantastic: soft music, nice paintings on the walls. Valenciana and a lemon sorbet. The paëlla was good, the sorbet can be taken off the card in my opinion.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

I visited the restaurant with my partner on Sunday 15th of Oct to celebrate our holiday in Valencia- this place was recommended to us as outstanding restaurant with great food! Unfortunately, the low-standard of the food in the restaurant and over an hour of waiting for the main to arrive watered down our spirits!
The main dish we came for was famous paella which was 20 euro per person! and it took almost an hours to arrive and certainly wasn't tasty at all! - I am not a great cook but I can make better paella at home really!

The service was a bit tardy literally we felt it took 20 min to order drinks, another 15 min to receive them and than at least 15 min before someone took out order! We tried to get waiter attention but we were simply ignored!

In general we were both frustrated and disappointing and will never visit this place again! Certainly I will not recommend!!!!!
BR

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dined at Raco del Turia this evening after being recommended it by the concierge at The Westin. We weren’t disappointed, we had a lovely meal starting off with marinated anchovies on top of tomatoes and olive oil (really simple, but we both agreed it was a dish we’d remember for a very long time: wonderful). Followed by their Paella Valenciana, which was a must, as a traditional Valencian paella; it was fantastic, loved the snails and chicken, although not enough rabbit. All polished off with a bottle of Crianza, it was a really lovely meal and a great start to our long weekend in Valencia, although we were sadly too full to eat any more, despite a very tempting menu.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

we were recommended here by our hotel for its paella, 2 shared this dish, one had steak one had suckling pig as mains. All superbly cooked, service was excellent, very friendly and relaxed, a long leisurely dinner. Lovely Spanish wines and a delicious herb based liqueur.