1,779 results
All reviews bus station globus tour old town rooftop pool el corte ingles small gym turia park nice hotel around the corner river bed a big shopping centre minute walk great view of the city reception staff opposite direction breakfast was excellent beautiful park
Reviewed July 14, 2018

My wife and I have just retuned from an 11 night stay at the NH Valencia Center and on the ninth day on returning to our room in the afternoon I realised that my 120 euros Oakley sunglasses had disappeared from the bedside table. The sunglasses, the bag and the actual box in which they came had all disappeared.

The staff had no interest in resolving it, they told us they'd speak to the house keeping manager and they'd get back to us, 24 hours later we hadn't heard anything and went back to reception ourselves to be told the house keeping manager didn't know anything about it and that was it, no apology, no advice or resolution, just go away basically, absolutely appalling.

On reading other trip advisor reviews, this is the third time year that guests have complained that their property has been stolen from their rooms, also see STINE M on 29 May 2018 and ADASSH J on 22 February 2018.

My wife and I have been incredibly loyal customers to NH Valencia Centre over the last 8 years. We have stayed here in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, spending approximately 6,000 - 7000 Euro's. In 2017 I booked a 9 night stay and got double charged for it and I had to email them 4 times to get my money back. That gave me real doubts about booking with them again this year and that turned out to be a big mistake, one that I won't ever be repeating.

Along with theft of my property the other issue we had was that the room they gave us was a bit of a dump. The fridge didn't work, the shower leaked and it took 3 complaints to reception for that to be resolved. Also the bathroom sink was full of cracks, along with dirty scuffed walls and floors. Totally unacceptable. Also 2 sunbeds have disappeared, its gone down from 8 to 6 so if you like to relax around the pool then take your own.

The staff are horrendous apart from the night secuity guard who was always friendly. We felt we were treated like lepers when we checked out, we were just a massive inconvencience to them.

I am now in the process of contacting the NH Hotel Group and taking it further. If you stay here you will need to take all your possession out with you every day or spend the day fretting that they will have been robbed by the time you get to your room and thats completely unacceptable.

If I could give it a zero I absolutely 100% would do. My wife and I love Valencia and will return many times in the future but never ever to this hotel or any other NH one worldwide.

Room Tip: Nail all your possessions to the floor if you want to take them back home with you.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BrianWarrington
Ricardo L, Gerente at NH Valencia Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear customer,

We are sorry if the explanations given to you in the reception desk were not satisfactory for you.

We apologize for the inconveniences,
Best regards

Reviewed July 11, 2018

NH Valencia Center sits in the heart of the city and is within walking distance to the old city and much more thus the reason for our selection. Getting to it by car is another story. We take full responsibility for perhaps not planning well enough. We studied and wrote directions (our GPS did not work in Spain) to the hotel and that is where everything gets disjointed. We visited Spain several months after Catalonia attempted to win independence from Spain therefore Catalonia patriots appeared still angry about unsuccessfully winning political independence. This I knew but had no idea our directions which were in Catalonian and did not match the street signs which were in Spanish. I should have figured it out since I do speak a little Spanish but after driving many many hours with a multitude of wrong turns, riding shot gun and trying to give intelligible instructions to a HOH (hard of hearing) driver. We were fried. We had called the hotel and told them we would be late, no problem. When we finally arrived we were greeted cordially despite our disheveled confused look about us. I explained to the young man at the desk that we would have arrived but all of our directions did not match the spelling of the street signs nor the map (at some point in our confused journey we purchased a map of Valencia which helped a bit). His curt, unemphatic, malevolent response was "Well here in Catalonia we speak two languages'. Geez cut me some slack and felt we were not welcomed and just needed a little understanding. This hotel is vying for tourism even thought it is seen as a business hotel; those who are hired for front desk work are 'the first on the line' despite maybe having a bad day. The rest of the staff from restaurant to lounge and housekeeping were all helpful and curious as were the few locals we met in the city. The hotel itself was lovely and would have rated it to be excellent (4 star) except for this one lousy experience.Sorry We would have loved to see more of Valencia as it seems to be under rated for it's tourist potential maybe because of the financially unsupported years from Franco and now with the political situation.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Mia922
Ricardo L, Director General at NH Valencia Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Mia,

Thank you very much for your opinion about your experience in our hotel and to trust in us to your stay in this beautiful city. We are very happy to know that the situation of the hotel near of the old city liked you, and of course, the service offered by our staff. Also we take note of all items you suggest to improve. You are very kind.

Please, come back soon.

Thanks again and have a nice summer. Personal regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed with the hotel and its location. It was an easy trip on the metro from the airport. Nearest metro station is Turia and it is a few hundred yard to the hotel. We arrived about 9.00 pm and can not fault our welcome. Our room was on the 10th floor a good size and very clean. We took the advice of the receptionist and went upstairs (one Floor up) to the terrace for a drink and although hadn’t intended to eat there we were impressed with what we saw and stayed to eat.. not disappointed Fantastic views of the city and also home to the gym and outdoor swimming pool. (See photos)We chose not to have breakfast in the hotel as wanted to explore the city as our first visit. Many places close by where can enjoy Valencia’s cuisine with friendly service. As well as being walking distance to the historic part of the city the hotel is very close to the tram that takes you directly to the Valencia beaches. Will certainly be coming back when next visit Valencia

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Ricardo L, Director General at NH Valencia Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Good morning and thank you very much for these warm comments of your experience in our hotel and for these superb pictures!!

We are really happy to know that the room, the situation and, of course, the rooftop of the hotel were fantastic for you and you are thinking in come back. Please, do it soon! Always it's a pleasure to us have nice people like you with us.

Thank you again and personal regards. Have a nice summer!!

Reviewed July 4, 2018

Excellent location and easy acess, looks great from the outside as well as inside.Room was spacious and well furnished. Maybe a little noisy but this is very often seen in hotels.Didn´t have beakfast, so hard to comment the quality but the price for it was, in my opinion a little higher. There is also a pool available so you have enough space for relax.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AuroraP1000
Ricardo L, Director General at NH Valencia Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Dear Aurora,

Thank you very much for your excelent value of your experience this, your home in Valencia. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!!. Please, next time, when you make your room reservation, do it also for breakfast. The rate is 14,90€
at that moment. When you contrat it in the hotel the rate is higher. We are sure you will love it!

We hope to see you soon. Thank you again for your trust and your fantastic opinion. Kind regards and have a nice summer!

Reviewed July 3, 2018

We have stayed here for 3 nights in April. When we arrived in the morning we had a not so friendly welcome. No hello, no how can I help etc. it was just nothing. We left our luggage and we went off to the city but no offer of a map or directions. In contrary of what the hotel name says “NH Valencia center” it is still a walk of at least 20 minutes to get to the city center. When we came back and checked in we went to our room which was at the side of the hotel facing the bus station. The furniture is well worn and the wooden floor needs replaced as destroyed by furniture. The walls and the ceiling are very thin, you can hear everything. The busses coming and go the hole day and night so you can leave your window open. The breakfast was ok having everything you need for a good breakfast. The restaurant personnel on the other hand while they try to be friendly unfortunately they speak only Spanish which make communication very difficult. The swimming pool is very small and to swim you need to go round the edges. In general the reception staff needs to be more friendly and customer-minded as well to learn other than Spanish languages. I wouldn’t stay here again due to noise, the distance to the center and not customer-minded reception staff.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PapasChr

Dear Papas,
I want to thank you your trust in NH Valencia Center during your visit to this beautiful city last april.
I am sorry to know that during your stay in our hotel you do not perceive a friendly treatment on the part of our reception team. I assure you that we strive to make our guests feel at home and we are saddened to know that we have not succeeded with you. I'll discuss it with the team.
I beg you to renew your trust in us if you decide to return to Valencia.
Thank you again and receive a cordial greeting,