1,116 results
All reviewsgreat locationold towncentral locationterrace roompremium roomtrain stationrecommend this hotelan early flightlarge terracecity breakeasy walking distancearound the cornerside streetthree starcafes and restaurantsminute walkcomfortable room
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights in April and were very happy with our stay here. The location is very central, easy walking distance to lots of eating places and the main sights of the city. We had a superb sixth floor, corner room with a large terrace and three sets of French windows. Very comfortable room; nice bathroom; an extensive range of complimentary toiletries; robes and slippers. We didn’t have breakfast included so can’t comment on that. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GFLancs
Reviewed May 3, 2018

Excellent location.
Welcoming, helpful, courteous front desk staff.
Well appointed. Comfortable, clean, spacious room.
Breakfast buffet, delicious. Excellent selection and presentation.
Pleasant serving staff. Good coffee.
Exceeded my expectation.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

The room was "superior" because of the water kettle, possibly also the size. Triple layered frosted glass window is efficient noise blocker, but it feels like basement. A rainy day adds sewage smell.
Double room means two single beds moved together. Extremely unpleasant to have transparent bathroom door. Overpriced breakfast.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kotkasj
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

This is our 5th year for the festival. I always book around October in prep for March. This year we went for a more central location to all the amenities.
Stayed in 4* on all other previous visits.
●Unfortunatly couldnt find availability in a 4* so booked the 3* which was fine for our 5 night stay,
●Great location!!,
●Room service not gleaming but definatly clean and no concerns
●Booked Premium room with terrace , allocated room 609.
Very tired looking terrace in need of paint, drain smell too.
●I should have read previous reviews about this room before booking, as spot on genuinely NOT a premium room and should be changed.
● Bathroom small but not a real problem other than the shower, very very narrow had to side step in and out my boobs were actually squashed against the tiles ! , quite dangerous when wet underfoot getting out due to the step and having to walk sideways.
● Booking asked if I would like a double or twin room. Booked in October a double and stated on booking confirmation.
The room was a twin when I asked at reception 're my booking I was told ' we don't have double bed room '
I asked not at all ? No other rooms available? And was told by the young girl minus the smile ' we don't have double room's' .. end of, no sorry about that etc.
● I ordered sparkling wine for the room on arrival and despite providing arrival time as requested via emails from the hotel it wasn't in the room so previous emails made no difference.. only rectified when I contacted reception
● Breakfast was ok, standard but plenty of choice although clearing and resetting of the tables was lacks, despite only a few tables being used at any one time. Guests seemed to be constantly asking for a missing utensil, plate, bowl etc.

We had a brilliant time at the festival my husband owns a pyrotechnics business so amazing for him!! And I lecture in Hospitality management Customer service ...so not as amazing for me !

All in all if you want a great location and a clean comfortable place to stay without breaking the bank then this fits the bill !

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wisewords1
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for three nights in January and loved this hotel. Great location so handy for everything. We were even allowed an early check in after arriving on an early flight.

Some great restaurants round about and handy for public transport. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple