“Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 100 Hotels in Valencia
Johannesburg
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel over the F1 weekend. Prices were a little hight given it was F1 weekend, but compared to other hotels it was actually great value for money.

The room and bathroom were nice and big.

Location wise, very easy to get to from xativa tube station. The bus stop is also nearby.

There are some good restaurants in walking distance.

Only the beach is a bit far - but still easily accessible from the xativa tubes station.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Piets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Our trip was a midweek break from tuesday until friday. Myself and my 4 girlfriends. Well placed for most amenties including the old town, shopping and metro.
Friendly polite helpful staff at reception.
Decor modern and minimal in style, hotel generally clean although the maid did not do a thorough job cleaning our room - eg unwashed glasses, floor of bathroom not cleaned and towels not hung up but left where we had left them.
Our only criticism was that their triple room appear to be a double room with a third bed added. This meant very little space for three people to move around. We did complain and asked for a different, larger room of which there were none and they were all the same size anyway. We were offered to upgrade to a suite for a further 25 euros per night, which the three of us agreed was worth it to have the extra space, so be aware of this when booking triple rooms as the photographs availabe on the website appear larger.
Breakfast was also good with a wide variety on offer and certainly more than continental fare.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank geordie58
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

Stayed for 3 nights in room 217. Good sized room with walk-in bathroom. Room catered for disabled guests. Air-con worked on first night, second night we wanted some fresh air so left the window open but becuase my daughter got bitten by mosquitoes we decided to leave window shut on the last night but the air-con didnt seem to work.
Hotel is about 5 blocks from Estacion Norte and Xativa metro station so is real easy to get to and from airport. We bought 2 x 72hrs Valencia tourist travel cards when we arrived at the airport. This gave us unlimited travel on the metro, buses and trams, discounts at restaurants, shops, museums and parks.
Reception staff were OK... the women were more accomodating with advice. After a day of sightseeing and shopping I really needed a foot massage or anything on those lines so checked on the internet (wifi was great around the hotel and outside, used my laptop and blackberry and ipod) and found a local spa. I ran down to reception with the page and asked the receptionist if she could phone, book and answer questions for me as the site was in Spanish. My daughter and I were in the spa within 30 mins - Calma Balneario Urban, paid 25 euros each for a Hydrotherapy spa circuit. You bring your own costume and they provied you with cap, towels, locker and slippers.
Downside was that the bar closed at 11pm. Didn't have breakfast there but there is a cafe across the street. There is also a supermarket behind the hotel where I bought fresh bread, juice etc to store in the minibar fridge.
Good location, walking distance to most sights and close to transport.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Kat C
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I looked around to get this hotel as prices ranged by upto £50 difference. The location is brilliant and i would recommend it for a 1nt stay but dont pay £100 a night or book it for a week. (we paid 52 with hotelshotelshotels.com) The breakfast was nice and the bedroom was big enough although not a great view and a little dated and dingy. I would say 3 star not 4.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nomadvic
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

Stayed there for 2 nights when my gf and I visited Valencia. It was a good hotel overall, clean, modern. But I would not rate it a 4 star, its like a holiday inn express at best compare to the US ones. Room was ok size, with free wifi. Bathroom on the other hand though is on the small size especially the shower. Bed comfort was average. This was why I would not rate it a 4 star hotel like it claims it is. Location was pretty good, good access to metro, train station to other Spain cities and the town, on average takes about 10-15 min to walk to destination.
Experience with the front desk staff was great overall except with this one guy. Most of the staff were helpful and nice, but this one guy was just terrible. Airline lost my luggage coming into Valencia, so I asked this younger male staff with dark curly hair ( don't know what his name was) that worked in the day shift to let me know if the airline calls about my luggage . This guy was rude and didn't seem to want to listen or help with my needs and just simply replied " this is not my problem that you lost you bags", I had to explain to him again that I don't need him to find my bags, but just need him to keep track if the airline called so I know when to expect my luggage since I don't have any other contact information in Valencia besides the hotel. This guy has no customer service etiquette at all, and I felt very disrespected and insulted by the way he treated me as a hotel guest. This one bad experience tarnished the overall good experience of the hotel and Valencia

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ferrari921
patras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

I stayed to the hotel for one week. I chose the hotel mostly because of its location and I was very satisfied. The metro station was 3' minutes walking and the city centre was about 15' minutes walking. The room was clean, spacious with free internet access. The breakfast was very good and the staff was very friendly helping me about directions every time I asked for them. Everybody was speaking english.

I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank giristr0ula
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

On our few day family trip we selected this hotel based on a great offer on booking.com. In the booking we requested an extra bed, which was in the room when we arrived - this typically does not happen, and we have to re-request. Room was clean, spacious enough for the purpose, had free wifi (bad reception in the room though) and offered a nice breakfast buffet.

The hotel has a very small work out area with a sauna, but there is no pool.

Personel was very friendly and helpful.

All in all, a place to seriously consider when you go for a city trip to Valencia

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family