1,046 results
All reviews the main square great location old town top floor excellent hotel central location within walking distance superior room train station hop on hop off bus room was large three night stay the hotel is perfectly located short visit small gym sun loungers beautiful city
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Excellent hotel located right on one of the two main plazas in central Valencia. We used it as a base from which to explore the city as it's 5 minutes from the Xavita Metro station and there are bus stops right outside.

We took the #5 Metro line to the hotel from the airport, cost EU4.90 per person (zones A-D) and walked from Xavita station. Don't bother with a taxi unless you are overloaded with luggage or loose children (beware if you have kids - many taxis don't carry child seats and will turn you down at the airport).

Can't comment on the hotel food as we ate in local bars/restaurants, but the room was great - ours had a bed the size of a helicopter landing pad and a spacious bathroom and lobby. The room overlooked the side street where the hotel's pavement restaurant is located, but the double glazing stopped all noise from the restaurant and the plaza except for the occasional motorbike/bus and the all night street cleaning which followed a Festival in the plaza.

Staff were friendly, all except the housekeeper who kept leaving our air conditioning on at sub-zero after each visit despite us turning it off every morning when we left the room. By the time we got back in the evening our room was like a igloo - cold enough to snow in there! Housekeeping please take note - leave the air-con as you find it!

We left our luggage with the hotel on the last day after check-out whilst we did more sight-seeing and were able to use the guest facilities to freshen up when we collected.

Room tip: Rooms facing the plaza may be noisier on festival days - go for the side street instead
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank russell t
Reviewed June 19, 2018

As this was a work trip, I was restricted to the hotels that were available on the work booking system. I was looking for somewhere central, with good transport links, and in an area where I would feel safe going out on my own, so the Melia Plaza seemed to be my best choice. I emailed the hotel in advance to request a quiet room with a balcony and was given room 908, a small single room on the 9th floor. Despite its size, I was really pleased with the room as it was quiet and had a west facing balcony with a sun lounger, which was great to relax on at the end of the day, despite the rather ugly view. The room had an entrance lobby, with a mirrored wardrobe which had a (free) safe and plenty of storage space and which kept out a lot of the corridor noise. The room itself had a desk and mini bar, along with a single bed, and the bathroom was compact but had all the necessary amenities, including a good supply of hot water in the shower.

Sadly, things weren’t as good in the breakfast restaurant, which is in the basement of the hotel. I was horrified to find that breakfast cost 19 euros, which is absolutely absurd given the relatively low cost of food in Spain at present. The food on offer was neither varied nor of good quality and the room where it was served looked like something out of a 1970s horror film. After eating there once, I decided to take my custom to the nearby branch of Pans and Company instead!

I was also unimpressed that the advertised room rate of 80 euros was actually 88 euros after tax and felt that this should have been made clearer. Lucky I wasn’t footing the bill this time at least. But other than these minor issues, I really like the Melia Plaza, particularly its location on the Town Hall Square, and would be more than happy to stay there again in future at the right price.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2018

The hotel is situated in the center of the city, metro and bus stations very close.
Rooms are small, bathroom is very well equipped.
The staff was very frieldly, expecially Andre, at the reception who speaks perfect German language and is very helpful with any kind of request .
One claim: My room in 6th floor was quite dark during the day, due to very high buildings just in front of the window, towering walls around on three sides.
Another room on the same floor had a similar problem, because of the untransparent windows (to avoid sights from the very close opposite high houses).

Room tip: Try to get a room with sight to the city square!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights while attending a meeting at the congress center. Compared with other Melia hotels at which I have stayed, this was a significant disappointment. The Melia plaza is billed as a 4 start hotel. The room furnishings were very basic. The amenities did not even include a box of Kleenex, instead you found a little packet with several tissues in the bathroom vanity basket. Breakfast featured very runny and cold eggs, very fatty bacon, and rolls shaped like tiny croissants but no actual croissants. The biggest disappointment was the desk staff - a feature that is usually strong at Melia's. They were unhelpful on multiple occasions, did not appear to be knowledgable about local transportation options (their answer to most things was take a cab but there were easy bus routes). I had urged my junior colleague to also stay at this hotel during the conference and had the embarrassment of her appraisal of this as a 1 star hotel. Another colleague who stayed at a 2 star hotel not far from us behind the correos had better service from a more attentive desk.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 743walterw
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Stayed here in Oct17 for 3 days, we had a standard room with a partial view of the square, view didn't really matter because to me it's not the type of hotel where you would spend a lot of time in the room.

Everything was clean, the staff were nice and friendly and it's in a very good spot to get about to different parts of the city, you are a 10-15 min walk to most places and only a 10 min cab ride to the beach which is also worth a visit.

would stay here again if we go back.

Date of stay: October 2017