“It is not a 4 stars hotels”

NH Valencia Las Artes
Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed 3 days in this hotel.
Location is excelent, walking distance to main tourist attractions nad easy access to tax. Close to La Zarzamora, a very good spanish restaurant.
It's a nice hotel, but rooms are too small and amenities not so good. Elevators are too slow, and sometimes you can stay long minutes waiting for one.
They say there is a solarium, but it is a couple of chairs and a shower instead. Anyway, you can have a nice view from La Ciudad de las Artes, which you may enjoy.
We parked our car in the hotel parking lot. The automatic exit door was broken, but no one told us that. We need to go back to reception 2 times after paying the ticket to get the door open.
Definitly, not a 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adriana S
There are newer reviews for NH Valencia Las Artes

Reviewed 22 September 2011

Nice efficient and affordable hotel.

If you plan this hotel to be your week-end love nest, be sure to skip on the 6-wheeled double beds, as they move easier then a Prius on the loose!

As we are not native we didn't understand a double bed means two single ones.

Whenever you move in those beds you need to prepare to chase your other half somewhere in the room.

If you like to take breakfast, plan ahead it saves you € 3,50 and it's worth while paying the € 9,00 in advance. Breakfast is a great buffet with plenty of choice and food cooked to your liking, if you prefer.

The area is great, just across the street from the great Calatrava buildings and a big shopping centre in walking distance.

Bus 35 stops in front of the hotel and connects you to Metro line 5 to the airport.

Room Tip: Try to get a park view room, they are much more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marcel_Guadalupe
Reviewed 11 September 2011

This hotel is correct on paper, nothing super fancy but clean and good bed and good location for the art museum and Oceoanographic. But Staff was a bit inconsistent not always very nice, especially the girls at the reception. Plus, very weird pricing on breakfast not really sure it's legal, they change the price if you book the day before or if you don't book (it goes from 10 to 16euros.) The breakfast however was quite varied with lot of fresh fruits, pastries, tapas... Ok value for 10 not 16. You've got lot of nice little tapas bar in the area where you can eat for chearper. a We have been there for a very sad event in our family and the staff had very little compassion. Another good thing was the solarium on the 11th floor with a great view on the arts museum.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Clelia_SC
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I've just come back from a stay in this hotel. I spent 4 nights there and, well, I was expecting far more from a 4-star hotel. Let me give you some details.
When I arrived at 6 o'clock in the afternoon/evening after a long train trip, I was informed that I couldn't enter my room because there weren't any available rooms. I couldn't believe what I was being said, since I had made my reservation a month in advance and phoned the previous day to see that everything was OK. After 30 minutes at the desk, the recepcionist decided to give me double room.

The room is what you would expect in any hotel. The toiletries are basic (not even a toothbrush!) and the hairdrier did not work well. The room was spacious, as the bathroom, but the airconditioning was not working and there was a lot of noice from the street. If you go to the hotel, it would be advisable to ask for a room which does not look onto the street. The good point is that you will be able to sleep. The bad one is that yuo don't get views on the Ciudad de las Artes. However, there is a solarium (well, a couple of chairs and a shower) overlooking the Ciudad de las Artes, which you may enjoy.

The breakfast buffet is OK, there's almost everything you may need. The coffee is terrible and there are looooong queue to get your toast. If you happen to go when there is a packed trip or whatever, the breakfast room is full and you won't find any place to sit down and have breakfast. Check their times so that you do not coincide. Otherwise, having breakfast may be a nightmare.

Another aspect I would highlight is the slow speed at which the lifts work. You may wait for 20 minutes in the morning to get a lift (even though there are four!). And, well, a four-star hotel without a wifi connection in the rooms is a bit too much! If you want to use the wifi, you only can in the very small lobby they have, next to the TV, so it is not a nice place to check your emails or work if you have to. If you want to pay, you can get a wifi connection in your room.

I would only go back to this hotel if I had to go to the Ciudad de las Ciencias, which is just opposite the street. But I would check Las Artes II, which is next door and may be providing the same amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I was assigned a room next to the lift on the 3rd floor which I refused in case of noise. Then a room on the 5th floor 2 doors from the lift which was ok and it was a very nice room except that the phone did not work and the shower head was loose which was sorted out immediately, but when the guy left I noticed the bedside lamp flashed then the reading light was dead. Never mind. I had a drink in the bar and was charged 2.50. That night I was kept awake by fire works and when I asked at reception when they were likley to stop the receptionists laughed and said they were 24 hours and all week it being a festival. She was right too. Luckily I had brought my ear plugs and intended to have a drink every night. Next day I was charged 2.60 for the same beer then 3.00. I queried this and a manager said the first two were a mistake? No big deal I thought. 15 minutes later he turned up with a complimentary beer in a wine glass and took away my old glass with beer left in it? When my friend turned up I ordered him a beer and we were back to 2.60. Never mind. Despite all this, the staff were very pleasant and helpfull and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We stayed here last week, on a visit to friends. Whilst it was out of the centre, it was still near enough to get back in a taxi and leave our (fortunately, very small) car in the somewhat expensive car park. I don't know where Spanish car park designers learn their trade, but let's hope they don't export their "knowledge". Reception staff were friendly and attentive, the room was very good, very clean and very quiet, this no doubt helped by the fact we were on the 11th floor.
Whilst I read in other reviews that the breakfast is poor, I must object. For the price of 11 euros you get the most extensive breakfast possible, there was absolutely nothing one could wish for that was not in evidence. Believe me, I have had far worse and for a lot more too.
If anything needs to be said, a few let-downs were the absence of a decent bar outside Spanish eating hours and the fact that most of the breakfast buffet hot food was not exactly hot, and there seemed to be a strange inability to provide eggs and bacon at the same time.
All in all we were pleasantly surprised, especially as we were on a "deal", so were expecting the grottiest room in the corner. Not so. We would gladly go back there.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patriek
Reviewed 8 February 2011

First visit to NH Hotel in Spain. Received my reservation in my native language promptly after reservation request by email.

Receptionist was not really good in English (International employee). Booked standard room which had all facilities required. I did not find an iron though.

Watch which room you get, some are next to the elevators and might be uncomfortable. Good breakfast. Did not try swimming pool or gym.

Business centre is poor. Way too small, only one desk under the staircase. Internet available (not free)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business