“Experienced authentic Paella Valenciana”
Review of Llar Roman

Llar Roman
Ranked #29 of 4,208 Restaurants in Valencia
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant and ambiance. We opted to eat on patio. Lovely. Food fantastic. Also tried home made coffee flavored flan! Private Parking available. Wait staff very friendly. Unrushed meal. Chose an authentic paella featuring chicken and rabbit! Highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank ladecana

Reviewed July 2, 2018

I came with my family to celebrate a birthday event and it didn't go the way it was expected. It was Sunday and the place was packed. Nothing wrong with the service considering how crowded it was but... the starters were disappointing, with fried calamari excessively fried, oily and a very small portion of alli-pebre for the price paid. Paella was tasty but not living up to the expectations after reading so much about this place. I would like to think that we didn't come the right time. We'll give another try to double confirm...

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

A friend of of ours who is a native Valencian recommended Llar Roman as it’s known by locals to be the best Paella in the city- we couldn’t agree more!

We had the traditional Paella de Valenciana, which was very tasty, rich in flavours from the rabbit, chicken and snails (yes even the snails!!) as a very very generous sized dish for less than €15. The sangria was excellent, especially compared to the overly sweet and watered down jugs for tourists in central.

If you are worried about leaving the city to get there, I can promise you it is worth the journey which is very easy, you can catch the number 25 bus from central to a bus stop literally outside the restaurant, which took us 20 minutes. Go at lunchtime as this is the traditional time of day to eat paella before siesta, not dinner.

Highly recommended :)

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Hannahbanana32
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

This lace was recommended by a spanish native as a good place to eat paella. The staff was friendly and efficient, tasty fresh food and romantic mood. A really enjoyable meal. A place I would return to if in Valencia again. The price was a bit high but I feel it was worth the meal.

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank Bruno P
Reviewed March 28, 2018

Last year we celebrated my parents in law 50th wedding anniversary and we had a wonderful experience there, so we decided to celebrate my wedding day this year, in this awesome restaurant again.

If you want to try the excellent traditional cuisine from local place, this restaurant is the best place to come. They have cozy terrace where you can celebrate your special event or if you just want to enjoy relax moment with beautiful surrounding. The food is tasty and made with the best ingredients. We had salad, croquetas de merluza y langostinos, the duck rice (arroz de pato), artichoke and prawn rice (arroz de gambas y alcachofas), patatas bravas, and tarta de chocolates.

Something that settled in my mind was the hospitality of the waiters. We had a 'problem' in the parking lots and they did not hesitate to help us, even more than we expected.

So, I do not hesitate to recommend this place. I am sure that you will get an interesting moment in Llar Roman.

Date of visit: February 2018