“Best Service I experienced travelling in Europe for 2 months”

Hydra Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #50 of 775 Restaurants in Salerno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2015

I stumbled across place, early one evening ( 7:30 early for Italy) and it wasn't really open yet. The manager and his staff were having their dinner but they welcomed me. The manager was extremely friendly and when I asked about the fresh fish, he brought a tray out with the fish so I could pick my own. He knew I was hungry and brought me a free brochette plate as I waited for my meal.
When the manager brought my fish to the table he offered to debone and remove the skill. My dinner was superb and afterword he brought me some pickled salmon to try.
The place is beautiful with a lovely fountain and courtyard.
If you are in Salerno, I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 18, 2015

Daniele, (host at Salerno Antica, where we stayed) recommended this restaurant to us and we are so glad he did. This is not your average, rustic, Italian eatery.The attention to detail in the décor is matched by the respect given to the food. We left the menu selection up to Marco (Maître d) and were blown away by his selections. We started with a shared seafood platter that elicited lots of oohs and aahs. I then had the local fish which was so sweet and moist I couldn’t believe it and my partner had the grilled calamari (“best I’ve ever had”). We finished off with a sublime dessert of ricotta with a hint of lemoncello with a caramel sauce YUM!. Declaring this the best meal I’ve ever had is a big call but given the ambience, food and moderate cost I’m standing by it. Thank you Hydra for a wonderful memory.

1  Thank pipeliza
Reviewed April 3, 2015

We saw this place on a small side street close to the B&B we were staying at.

Very slick/minimalist presentation on the inside, and nice garden area in back.

Appeared popular with locals.

Staff was attentive when we first arrived but got busy and possibly overwhelmed as the place filled up. All was still good, but we had to flag them for attention.

We ordered an appetizer, with a pizza and pasta plate for out mains. Too much food for us, but we plowed through...

The pizza was good but the dough is thicker than we like, and have gotten used to in the Naples area.

Beer was cold. Good house red wine.

We would go again and recommend it to others.

Reviewed March 26, 2015 via mobile

Excellent service, excellent food quality, excellent atmosphere, fisible price, friendly restaurant's manager, super location.

1  Thank Aysun K
Reviewed March 25, 2015

Ate here again tonight. Food still very good. Fried starter was exellent. Had a pasta primi and grilled Calimari segundi. My partner had the Dolce. She said the cheesecake was the best she had eaten anywhere.

1  Thank Andy_the_Birder