“Hotel Ulisse Deluxe Unique place for the location, the courtesy of the staff, their genuine breakfast and its confort”

Ulisse Deluxe Hostel
Ranked #35 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 15 March 2012

To all who might consider vacationing in Sorrento. I really reccomend Hotel Ulisse Deluxe.
It is an amazing place to be. Wonderful location, Two steps from the city center but at the same time away from the noise of the city. Peaceful;spot. The courtesy and the professionalism of the staff is absolutely incredible.Rooms are big, clean and nice. A very nice Spa, Sauna and sporting center is attached to this hotel. The breakfast at this hotel is so good and genuine everything it is prepared by the staff every single morning. Fresh croissant, Dont miss Hotel Ulisse Deluxe you would definitely enjoy!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dmori

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Me and my husband had a wonderful time. We came to Sorrento to relax and enjoy the conviviality of people there. The whole staff was amazing; especially Roberto, always ready to help and advice us on restaurants and other sorts of entertainment.
Conveniently located in the center of the town, close to services and shops. Great value for your money!

Definitely recommended to family and friends, we will be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tassedethe
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Wonderful!! Very nice, big lobby with free wi-fi, very clean nice big rooms, very nice bathrooms, ours had a jacuzzi tub! A little out of the way, but once you get to know the city, very pleasant walk. I would recommend this place very highly. Better than the Marriott we stayed in, in Rome for one third the price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank unckyherb
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This hostel, is most definetely hotel stuff. Staff really friendly, massive room, great breakfast, good location, good price.Don't be confused by the name, you won't be sharing with anyone. Unfortunately I was very unwell the day we left, and they were very kind and allowed us to stay in the room a little longer then usual, this was really appreicated at a difficult time.
Would stay here again for sure.
Was a bit confuddled how to get there at first, but this is always expected with anywhere new and the tourist info & bus driver were really helpful getting us there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kmkmkm10
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Our friends from Kingston highly recommended Ulisse as the place to stay in Sorrento. The price was right. We had nothing to lose.

When we walked up to the ho(s)tel, we were greeted by a lovely well lit lobby, with an expanse of glass to the street. As we entered there was a beautiful chandelier in a spacious lobby. "Yeah right, this is not a hostel" came to mind. The reception desk was also beautiful. The staff were dressed in dark suit jackets with red ties. "Yeah right, this is not a hostel" came to mind again. We were promply taken care of by the friendly eager staff.

From the lobby area we could see the lovely bar and dining area. The whole place was so very clean! The floors were all shining ceramic tile. Our room was so lovely, with ceramic floors. The bathroom was large and attractive.

We went to the front desk to arrange for a trip to Capri. The enthusiastic well groomed staff set us up with a Capri tour, where we would be picked up close to the hotel, driven to the harbour on a bus, taken to Capri on a boat, then taken on a sightseeing tour around the island, and back to the hotel for the same price as taking the ferry, and finding our own way to the harbour.

Breakfast was served in a spacious area. The breakfast was very good.

We spent 3 days at Ulisse with nothing but positive experiences.

Ulisse is close to everything.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BobDyck
Reading
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I had to arrange accommodation in Sorrento for 27 people attending our wedding, arriving in various groups at different times throughout the week. Although I booked the rooms online, I emailed the hotel to inform them of the large party and to request some specific details (ground floor rooms for my grandparents etc.) The staff at the hotel could not be more helpful, responding to all my queries and organising everything. Our stay went so smoothly I couldn’t quite believe it!
The hotel itself is lovely, the rooms are fairly basic but clean and comfortable and the price for such a central hotel is amazing. It is the opposite end of town to the station, so it is a bit of a trek if you come in that way but once you are there it’s only a 10 minute walk into the main area of Sorrento.
I can’t believe some comments about the staff being rude, they were all fantastic during our stay particularly manning the bar each evening until a ridiculous time and keeping us stocked with various snacks.
There are more luxurious hotels with stunning views in Sorrento but if you are in a budget you can do no better than this superb hotel with its friendly staff and excellent location.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank B3thany
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed here 'unexpectedly' as the hotel I had been booked in was not acceptable. I was shocked to see my room, it was so BIG and I was happy to realize me tripping over my luggage was not going to happen here. The shower leaked so that when I stepped out the floor was wet (and I was most careful), I brought it to the staff's attention, they were aware of the problem, supplied me with many towels and conveyed to me the problem was being dealt with asap. The staff were most accommodating & friendly. They helped me to arrange 2 boat tours, one to Capri and the other to Positano & the Amalfi Coast... these boat tours are a MUST if you are here! I found the location of the hotel to be fantastic, off the main street, close proximity to everything and yet quiet. I think the 'hostel' description is quite inaccurate, it's nothing of the sort... other then a 'hostel' fee for the room! I will definitely stay here again. Thanks Ulisse!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo