“Mediocre food and miserable staff - don’t waste your money here!”

Pizzeria Aurora Sorrento
Ranked #192 of 316 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: US$29 - US$36
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 5, 2018

We came here as a family while on holiday in Sorrento and this was without doubt the worst restaurant we have visited in Sorrento. As other reviewers have pointed out, this restaurant is clearly a tourist trap and the owners are obviously only interested in getting your money. The waiting on staff were incredibly surly and miserable throughout the entire meal, including the man who was waiting outside for customers who I presume to be the manager or owner of this establishment. Would it kill them to crack a smile? My mother also ordered a mushroom pizza and said it was the worst she has ever eaten, with hardly any mushroom topping or cheese. It was so dry you could break your teeth eating it. You could buy a frozen pizza for a much cheaper price and it would taste better. All in all, the food was mediocre and the abrupt and curt staff ruined the experience - don’t bother wasting your money here. Message to the staff, try smiling, it might make you feel better!

2  Thank lovesfood189
Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed April 2, 2018

I used to eat at Aurora religiously when in Sorrento. I noticed a slight decline over the years....but it has now more or less hit rock bottom. When my group of 6 were at Aurora for dinner in October 2017, I found myself so embarrassed, having recommended it to these friends, and so many others in the past. The wait staff clearly could not have cared less that we were there. Rude, downright surly - and that was when they eventually acknowledged our existence. The food matched the ambiance and service. Flavourless. And it’s criminal that they were forcing a young couple to buy an entire pizza for their pre-teen.

I will never be back. And after chatting with friends who hadn’t the heart to tell me earlier that they didn’t like my recommendation, I am not the only one. Clear to see why it has dropped significantly in the rating.

It WAS good back in the day. Or maybe I was in fact dreaming.

marco t, Proprietario at Pizzeria Aurora Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

We are sorry you have had not a good experience.
Yes, when you find not good staff, everything seems to be bad.
If is also strange , on the other hand that you wake up from your dream after 6 months....

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

A very bad experience in this wonderful city. Avoid this restaurant as the service is horible, the food not good at all and extremely overpriced. Me and my wife we had a margherita pizza with carciofi,mussels with peper and 2 glasses of prosseco. They brought the pizza first and after 15 minutes the mussels (cold of course).

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Lovely restaurant close to the Antichi Mura. Good range of food, staff always helpful. Families are welcome although pushchairs have to remain outside of the eating area.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Down in Sorrento we were reccomented the best pizza place in town and we ordered 3 different Aurora’s pizzas. All of them where great and specially the pizza bread as it came from a specialized big fire place oven where you could see the guys preparing and baking pizzas.

Good service and very good location downtown and we went from there to a bar close by and did some shopping.

I reccomend this place for pizza lovers :)