“A Highlight of our Holiday”
Review of Aldo Limos

Aldo Limos
Ranked #3 of 72 Transportation in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you looking for an experienced, friendly, professional company with a personal touch,to arrange your transfers & sightseeing in Naples, Sorrento, Salerno & Amalfi Coast area ? Well known in Sorrento, with over 30 years of experience in International travel ,tourism & restaurant business. We run a Small and Select service - Our Fleet, Our drivers , Our home We have our own fleet of Mercedes cars ,carriers & deluxe Sprinter.All vehicles are airconditioned,non-smoking & comfortable & driven by our team of qualified,informative, English speaking drivers.
Reviewed 3 March 2012

During a stay in Sorrento I made a booking with Aldo Limos on the strength of positive Trip Advisor reviews. We spent a wonderful day on the Amalfi Coast with a great driver, Mario. His knowledge of the area and his sense of humour made it a truly unforgettable experience. The breathtaking scenery was made far more enjoyable and relaxing because we had a driver so we only had to focus taking photos and not negotiating the roads and traffic. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Aldo Limos

Reviewed 15 February 2012

My wife and I visited Sorrento for three nights from Feb. 8 thru 10,2012. After happening in his taxi on two occasions and chatting with him it was obvious he knew a tremendous amount about the surrounding area and attractions, as well as being a very interesting person to talk to. We told him of our interest to find something out of the way and authenic to the area. When he dropped us off he gave us his card and told us to call him as he thought he knew just the place we might like. Well, the last night we did and boy did were we pleased. He took us a short ride a couple small towns down the coast to a small place more like what I would call a deli/buthcher shop. It was a quaint place with cured meats hanging around and wines all along the shelves. The owner came out and talked to us and Aldo recommended some wonderful homemade Italian dishes and some local wines. The owner came right out to our table(their were only two by the way) and showed us how he made mozarello. The night was truly an experience that we would have never had without the reccomendation of a very interesting person who seems to really enjoy his work and meeting people from all over the world. Thanks Aldo for a wonderful authenic evening and maybe one day well meet again.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We spent 4 days in Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast, and used Aldo for 3 of those days. To say he is exceptional is an understatement. He brings the region to life with his style, personality and over the top local knowledge. You feel like you are with and treated like a celebrity when Aldo takes you into the local places that make Sorrento and Amalfi so special. Whether it's a local grocer (Nello) serving up the best Italian we've ever had or his recommendations for pizza; he can't miss. Touring the Amalfi was such a pleasure in his first class Mercedes Van, where we didn't have to think about a thing. He knew the roadside vendors, the local shop owners and the former prime minister of Italy. If you want to experience all that this region has to offer, Aldo is a must have. You will not be disappointed. And, if you are lucky enough, maybe you can get him to whip up some local pasta and sauce, since he's a Michelin caliber chef in his spare time!
Jay and Stephanie, San Francisco, CA

Reviewed 1 February 2012

For more than ten years I have been bringing small group tours to the Bay of Naples, Rome, and Sicily. During that time, Aldo has been my driver; he and his crew have provided airport and port transfers, as well as many day excursions. I have also, over the years, recommended him to many of my friends, who always come home raving about how grateful they were for the experience. Friends of mine have recommended Aldo to friends of theirs--who have in turn recommended him to their friends. My personal chain is 4 now recommendations deep in some places.

The first time that I hired him, he made many helpful suggestions on times, pickups and routes--which made my job much easier and my first tour much more successful. His suggestions saved me much time and money; had I stayed with my original plan, Aldo would have made more money, but my arrangements would have been much worse. His honesty and integrity become obvious at the outset. He does not want you to waste your time or your money--and will tell you without hesitation.

Aldo is a native of Sorrento. He and his family live in the city center. He and his wife Chris, who is English, are indispensable contacts to have in the event of an emergency (medical, dental, pharmacies, etc.). This should be very reassuring to travelers who are new to the Bay of Naples, especially if you don't speak Italian. I think that they know personally everyone between Rome and Reggio Calabria.

His cars are immaculately clean; he is thoroughly insured and inspected; he and his crew are always on time; he goes out of his way to make your visit memorable.

Here's one example. Early one evening, years ago, on the way back from Paestum, as we were approaching Sorrento, he told me that he had called ahead to the local cooperative where limoncello and olive oil are processed. They were keeping the place open for us if we would like to stop. My group thus received a free and unexpected tour of the facility which is used by a large consortium of growers--the kind of visit that most tourists would never have--and learned first-hand about the renowned olive oils and limoncello of the Sorrentine peninsula.

What you will NOT get from Aldo Limos: you will never have the sense that they are steering you towards a purchase or a restaurant or a destination so that they (or their friends) can make some extra money (which happens all the time in Italy). You will get an honest evaluation of any place that you ask about. If you think that a particular route or site is worth trying, they will be helpful and even inventive in their suggestions. And they will talk you out of a bad idea. I will gladly confirm any of this by email.

I value my association with Aldo and Chris for all that they have done for my tours. But I value even more their friendship. I will be using Aldo Limos again, this coming March--and I can't wait.

R.M. Colaizzi
Vesuviana Tours
Natick, MA USA
colaizzi@gis.net

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We spent the day on tour with Aldo Limos. It was one of my favorite days of the trip. We went to Pompeii with Aldo, where he turned us over to a fascinating local guide - he knew so much about Pompeii and was the kind of storyteller who made the city come alive. Then Aldo took us to Sorrento, along the Mediterranean route. So amazing and beautiful! We had a dinner at one of Aldo's favorite places, met Aldo's wonderful wife, Chris, then took a quick walk through town. We had a train to catch, and were running late, because I just had to shop. Aldo got us ther in time and came with us to make certain to be ther in case we missed it. All four of us loved both Aldo & Chris and we will look them up the next time we're in Italy. Ciao, Aldo!