1,156 results
All reviewsgio pontiprivate beachdesign hotelthe clifffree shuttlesea viewhotel shuttlebay of naplesfloor tilesbeautiful hotelbottle of proseccoshuttle servicemin walkroom was largeloved this hotelbreakfast was includedour honeymoon
Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of March. Hotel was very clean and minimalist in a sort of Art Deco style. The staff were lovely helpful and friendly. It was my husbands birthday while we were there and we returned from a night out to complimentary cakes and a bottle of prosecco in the room, very nice touch. 15-20 minute walk into Sorrento itself, there is a shuttle bus but you have to pre book and it stops very early so we did not use it. We had a balcony with a park view, very quite. I would rate this a more 4 star, pillows were very hard, in hindsight we should have asked for different pillows but we didn't bother as were only there for a week. We had a lovely stay with some time spent drinking prosecco on the sun terrace, very nice, would recommend this if you don't mind walking into town a couple of times a day. Have included a couple of photos of views from the terrace.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jojobeano
Hotel_Management_RG, Direttore at Hotel Parco dei Principi, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Dear Jojobeano,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Parco dei Principi
We’re proud that you’ve selected us for your holiday and I am really pleased to hear that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us and especially your husband’s birthday.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience with the pillow, we will change it.
Anyway I will share your feedback with the entire team. They love knowing that guests appreciate their service.
Thank you once again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 2, 2016

We stayed for a low season holiday late March 2016. The hotel is clean and bright with very helpful and friendly staff. The location is great with fabulous views across the bay from the sun terrace. The dining room and reception staff were very good indeed! The maid missed a few bits in our room each day but the level of cleanliness was OK on the whole. The walk into town is approximately 20 mins if you walk at a fairly quick pace but if you prefer there is a shuttle bus - you need to book it and the last shuttle back is very early (20:15). The bar area was deserted every night with the bar man hard to locate, I guess it would be different in the high season. I would say this was more four than five star - small things like cushions missing off chairs on the terrace and our door banged continuously because of a draft from the balcony - I cured this with a bit of folded up cardboard wedged in the gap... the hotel as a whole is just starting to show its age, a refurb is required I think.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room.
3  Thank SuperDavo2015

Dear Superdavo

The Hotel staff and our future guests thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your thoughts and comments about your stay at Hotel Parco dei Principi.
I’m really happy to hear that you felt good in our hotel and enjoyed our hospitality style.
I’m sorry for the bar inconvenience, we have now taken steps to ensure that such a misunderstanding does not occur in the future and also if your door banged continuously, we are currently undergoing renovations throughout the hotel and look forward to providing updated rooms for our guests.
We hope you will return to experience the many enhancements we made this year.

Reviewed March 31, 2016

location - good - provide free shutlle to city center which is a ten min walk
amazing view - take a room with a view
great breakfast
kettle in room which is great
big rooms with lovely floor tiles

lovely bar and terrace
go for the view
take a room with a view

very helpful staff

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank sevantika

Dear Sevantika,

The staff and I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review, as we read every single one, and we are delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us.
Thank you very much for your advice on our hotel and also for pointing out your satisfaction with regards to the breakfast, the rooms and the terrace.
I hope you will be able to join us for a stay on your next trip to Sorrento

With warm personal regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2016

The service was excellent and our room was clean and spacious. We had a room overlooking the water, so we woke up every day to the most breathtaking views. Breakfast on the waterfront patio was wonderful. The only caveat is that everything in the hotel is a hard surface, so sound has a tendency to travel. Room-to-room noise was not an issue, but the hallways were loud and that sound travels. Our fellow guests were pretty courteous and were not loud, but footsteps and voices were apparent. If you are overly sensitive to noise, it may bother you. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this place for its gorgeous location, high-end amenities, and excellent service.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water.

Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We’re proud that you’ve selected us for your holiday and I am really pleased to hear that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience of the noise outside the room, we have now taken steps to ensure that such a misunderstanding does not occur in the future.
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
Looking forward to an opportunity to welcome you again at our hotel and offer you a level of services that will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 27, 2016

We stayed for 4 days in early March. The view from the room was breathtaking, with views across the Bay of Naples to Vesuvius. All of the staff were attentive and pleasant, and offered help when needed. The room itself was like walking into a design magazine: classic sixties décor and unique furniture. Obviously not brand new, but all clean and well maintained: we loved it!
The breakfast was fresh, well stocked with anything you could want and served alongside the stunning sea view from the restaurant. The serving staff were great. The evening meals in the restaurant were lovely - a little notch up from the usual food we'd eaten in Sorrento bars and restaurants.
There is a 15-20 minute walk into the centre of Sorrento, but that wasn't a problem for us, and there's a free shuttle bus.
If there's one thing we could complain about - and it's not really a complaint as we went early in March when the season hadn't properly started - there were no proper bar staff in the evening. We'd fancied a cocktail to celebrate our wedding anniversary, but nobody around who properly knew how to make them. This didn't spoil our time there though, and we would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

1  Thank ShazzerWales

Dear Schazzerwales,

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your experience at Hotel Parco dei Principi with other Tripadvisor users.
I’m really happy to hear that you felt good in our hotel and appreciate the Gio Ponti Design and enjoyed our hospitality style.
In order to the breakfast we proud ourselves in using, at our restaurant, only the freshest seasonal products on the market
I’m sorry for the inconvenience of the drink at bar, we have now taken steps to ensure that such a misunderstanding does not occur in the future.
We hope you will have an opportunity to return and enjoy the Hotel Parco dei Principi again in the future.