1,156 results
All reviewsgio pontiprivate beachdesign hotelthe clifffree shuttlesea viewhotel shuttlebay of naplesfloor tilesbeautiful hotelbottle of proseccoshuttle servicemin walkroom was largeloved this hotelbreakfast was includedour honeymoon
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked this hotel for our honeymoon over six months ago so we were very surprised when our taxi pulled up to this beautiful gate that opened up into a wonderfully landscaped garden.

The staff was waiting for us outside when we arrived and were absolutely wonderful. When we checked in, they showed us how to access the pool as well as the private beach and also showed us all of the amenities of our room.

We did a quick walk to the pool and were instantly mesmerized by the insane views and gorgeous terrace they had with lounge chairs, umbrellas and a pool bar. Our room also had a water view which I recommend. There were many boats that would anchor nearby and we enjoyed watching them come in and out.

Breakfast each morning was out on their terrace overlooking the water. It was truly magical. They had meats and cheeses, eggs and bacon, pastries, toasts as well as juices, prosecco and coffees.

We spent one full day lounging on the private beach, swimming in the water and enjoying the restaurant for lunch. They also have a bar and snacks that they can bring to your chairs.

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk into town but they offer a free shuttle there and back by reservation. We used it a few times but chose to walk off dinner most nights. The roads are very dangerous with few sidewalks so please take the shuttle if you have small children. Italian driving is very different than in America.

Not only did the hotel help us make a reservation at an amazing restaurant called L’Antica Trattoria, but they booked us a semi-private tour of Capri. We got a shuttle directly to the dock and they dropped us back to our hotel at the end of the day. Best way to see Capri!

Overall, an amazing stay and perfect start to our honeymoon.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer P
Hotel_Management_RG, Direttore generale at Hotel Parco dei Principi, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Jennifer,

Warm greetings from beautiful Sorrento!

Thank you for choosing our sunny resort for your Honeymoon and for sharing your detailed feedback about your experience here at Hotel Parco dei Principi!

We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded our goal in making your stay memorable by providing outstanding service, amazing room overlooking the sea and excellent quality of breakfast,

Appreciate as well your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the beautiful botanic garden.

Your lovely comments were really touching us and reflecting our mission to provide the most wonderful and relaxing holiday and customer experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon once again at our sunny property.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

I traveled to Sorrento with a friend, and booked this hotel based on my interest in the building’s architect, Gio Ponti. The architecture is minimal and utilitarian—perhaps too basic for some looking for contemporary luxury—however I found the hotel’s mid-century design refreshingly straightforward and charming with wonderful design details. The grounds (park-like gardens, Ponti designed pool, lagoon beach area, terraces overlooking the sea) are beautiful. The setting feels very expansive, and gave me the impression of privacy and a low key experience, which I appreciated. I sincerely hope that the hotel continues to preserve Ponti’s original design and furnishings otherwise this hotel will lose its distinguishing qualities.

The breakfast (included with my stay) is a large buffet with extensive options including eggs and espresso/coffee made to order. I used the gym, and was happy for it, however the gym would greatly benefit from additional equipment which I recommend to the hotel. A simple investment in more weights and a few more machines would go a long way.

The service at the hotel was excellent: attentive, friendly and thorough. Michela was very helpful and friendly, as was Fabio who is wonderful and offered assistance as a conceriege during my stay. He organized and booked cars for me, and when he learned I was traveling to Naples he offered recommendations for places to eat and visit there. On the morning of my departure, I realized that I needed printed/physical copies of my ferry ticket, and Fabio took care of this within a few minutes.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank jrnyc0987
Hotel_Management_RG, Direttore generale at Hotel Parco dei Principi, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from sunny Sorrento!

Thank you indeed for sharing your feedback on your holiday experience at Hotel Parco dei Principi and for your amazing comments concerning our hotel overlooking the sea, the fantastic location and surroundings, quality and variety of our breakfast, the courtesy, efficiency and professionalism of our Team, in particular the great service received by Michela & Fabio.

We are always striving to ensure a high level of our customer satisfaction.

As regards fitness room, we do acknowledge your kind recommendation.

We appreciate as well your comments regarding the style, decor and furnishing of the hotel.

Hotel Parco dei Principi, which open it doors to guests in 1962, reflects and enhances the characteristics of Gio Ponti, one of Italy’s most influential 20th century architect/designers. Modernist style mavens will be in seventh heaven here. Everything in the white building, from the simple furniture, fixtures and fittings in the bedrooms to the dazzling blue and white floor tiles and the diving platform in the salt water pool was designed by Gio Ponti, all left intact and original.

All the property is surrounded by an impressive botanic park of approx. 27.000 sq.m composed by rare trees specimens.

We truly look forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Sorrento!

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Have stayed in hotels all over Italy and the rest of world. The Parco dei Principi in Sorrento one of my favorites. Dramatic location overlooking Bay of Naples. Authentic. Gio Ponti design not destroyed with “updating or renovation”. Very generous staff.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob J
Hotel_Management_RG, Direttore generale at Hotel Parco dei Principi, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear Bob,

Warm greetings from Italy!

Thank you very much for choosing Sorrento for your Italian holidays and for sharing your amazing review about your experience here at Hotel Parco dei Principi!

It gives us happiness to learn that we could exceed your expectations and that you highlighted so positively our hotel, location, amazing view, original Gio Ponti design and the excellent 5 star service provided by the Team.

We are always at your disposal to provide you an exclusive treatment and guarantee you a most memorable holiday experience.

We look forward to hosting you again at Parco dei Principi in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed July 22, 2018

great hotel from the architectural to the wonderful staff. my daughter and I were treated like family from the moment we arrived until departure. Salvatore the captain at breakfast knew our room number from the get...the gentleman whose name escapes me now who is the manager of the beach really enjoys his job and his vacationeers. really a service oriented group of people...throughly enjoyed obviously...highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Adunnie,

Good morning & greetings from sunny Sorrento!

We truly appreciate your lovely review about your recent holiday spent at our property.

We feel so glad that you enjoyed our location, the style of the hotel designed by the architect Gio Ponti in the 60s, overall quality and service, the courtesy, helpfulness and professionalism of our team, particularly Salvatore and the beach manager Marco.

Our committment to high quality service it's always our top priority.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again for another memorable stay.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from sunny Hotel Parco dei Principi.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

Having just spent the last 7 days we would like to thank the management and staff for making our stay so memerable, special mention goes to Salvatori restuarant manager, Antonio head waiter and Alexandro terrace waiter for the service and personal touch that they gave to Marion and myself. The views were spectacular from our room, dining and terrace area over the bay to Mount Vesuvius.
Facilities are excellant with gym, terrace pool and beach lido complete with restuarant overlooking the sea. Food is varied to suit all tastes we will defintely be back next year.

Room Tip: Room with a sea view was our choice.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidpskinner
Hotel_Management_RG, Direttore generale at Hotel Parco dei Principi, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear David,

Warm greetings to you & Marion!

We would like to thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit to Italy and Sorrento coast.

I'm very proud that you have appreciated your overall experience here at hotel Parco dei Principi, the fantastic location, amazing view, the courtesy and professionalism of our great team, particularly Salvatore, Antonio & Alessandro.

Our goal is to live unique moments to our guests and make their stay unforgettable.

We truly look forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Sorrento!