All reviewsyogurtnice balconytop floorspent nightsmin walkangeloluggagecorso
Reviewed June 12, 2017

We spent 4 nights in this B&B; it is situated on the top floor of an old building with no lift but very good located, only 10 min walk to Piazza Tasso and Corso Italia, the main shopping street. Angelo, the owner, was waiting for us, even if it was after 11 pm, and helped with the luggage. Our room was big with a nice balcony and twin comfy beds. Towels were provided but during our 4 days stay never changed.
Beside not changing the towels, the only negative thing was the breakfast: same sweet croissants each day and some packed cookies. Very cheap yoghurt, some multivitamin juice and coffee/tea. No fruits or pies (don't be mislead by the nice photos !), no toast or crackers to eat with butter and jam. So if you don't spend too much time in Sorrento and want a cheap but clean accomodation, Il Giglio Bianco is an OK place. If you expect more, than go somewhere else!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2016

Two nights was enough! We were told it was an old building and we were on the top floor, and no lift. When we arrived, we were thrown out of the airport shuttle (Holiday taxis) at the end of the alley, at the Hotel Leone and told to ask directions in there. He was the rudest old man on reception I've ever come across. Anyway, walked up the alley, dodging the oncoming scooters and rang the doorbell. It isn't well signed! Door was buzzed unlocked and we entered into a large foyer, no person, no reception! A man came wandering in from the garden, took us to our room. 66 steps to the top floor!!! It's a killer. Room was clean, but there's thousands of ants on the little balcony. There was a mega Italian argument going on on one evening. Screaming and shouting echoing through this very echoing building! I presume it was the owners! Breakfast is rubbish. Fridge was broken, so no milk. Breakfast is served in a tiny kitchenette! Soooooo glad it was only two nights, I could not have gotten up them steps again. Oh, and it's in a more residential area, so be ready for children, dog, church bells and house alarm noises!

Room Tip: Don't go here if you can't walk up steps, or are unsteady on your feet. It's a cobbled street to get to it.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey T
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Room was big and had a balcony with a nice view. The water pressure in the shower was good. Bed was comfy for me (but my wife didn't think so).
Ok, now the bad parts:
The breakfast was poor compared to other b&bs I've stayed in Italy, the cocoa powder was expired, and when I opened a jelly sachee there was mold in it. I thought it was safe only to eat whatever the owner was putting on the table every morning, because the other stuff that was already on the table might have been there for a very long time! Besides,the cutlery in the drawer was dirty, I had to take the spoon to my room and wash it before using it.
The last thing that disappointed me was the air conditioner, I didn't need to turn it on until the last day, when I found out it was not working... I rang the office doorbell but no one answered.
Well, the room itself was not bad but with all these inconveniences I didn't understand all the "certificate of excellence" stickers on the wall. I guess tripadvisor is not as reliable as I thought.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blechner
Reviewed September 28, 2015

We stayed four nights and it was an ok place to stay. Check-in went well, Angelo was waiting for us when we got there. Our room was clean and a good size for two people. All of the walls were painted white, no color at all in the room, so it felt a little drab. The shower was small, the size of a small telephone booth, not a lot of room for an average-sized person. The balcony was a good size with a pleasant view which was nice. The room was cleaned three of the four days we stayed there. The coffee maker ran out of water and milk the first two mornings we were there, and no one was around to fix it. The breakfast was average, the same three pastries and yogurt selections everyday which got old by the third and fourth mornings. Upon checkout, Angelo’s brother attempted to charge us a different rate than what we booked at online, but after showing our agreement and a quick phone call, it was ironed out. The location was below average. The beaches are a 20-30 minute walk, the main streets are a 10-15 minute walk, and there isn’t a lot of quality dining options around the bed and breakfast. Overall, the place was clean and the price was reasonable. We were expecting more from a place with such high overall reviews. It was just an ok stay for us.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg G
Reviewed September 27, 2015

We stayed 3 nights at this place. Our experience was probably a bit different from the usual as the owner and wife were away as the wife was giving birth. This means that we were looked after by the brother who actually lived 30 minutes away. Prior to arrival, we phoned the place saying that we'd arrive between 14:00 and 15:00. So at 14:00 on the given day, we are at the door and no answer. I had to call and the brother's owner said he was on his way and that he'd be with us in 15 minutes (which means 30 minutes in Italy). Not very impressed to have had to wait 30 minutes at the door while I made the effort to give an arrival time. Anyhow, the brother was very nice.
The B&B was really good. Nice and clean room. The private balcony is a real highlight. The room was cleaned every day. Good bathroom.
The breakfast is good too.
Again because there was nobody in the B&B apart from at breakfast time, it meant that in case of issues, you couldn't ask anyone. Example: the coffee machine didn't work on the day we arrived so we were not able to make a coffee. There was no more milk n the coffee machine. Also, the air con unit was a bit noisy (even when off) and it would have been nice to ask someone about it.
I think the negative points I've made are due to the fact that the owner was away. The B&B has many good points. The location is great and the price is fair.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple