“Spectacular views, great value”

Il Nido Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 15 May 2012

For the reasonable price paid, the hotel exceeded my expectations! Nestled on a hilltop amidst lemon trees, the hotel's ocean view was spectacular! Breakfast had drink all you can make orange juice which I found quite charming. The hotel room was spacious. My only complaint was that the towels in the bathroom were made of line like cloth. Not what you'd
Expect from a towel. Overall I'd definitely come back and recommend. The hotel is far from the city but they have an hourly shuttle. Saves on gas and pArking fees in italy

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
ilnidosorrento, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Il Nido Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear MingManila,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your experience. Every guest's reviews help us in our efforts to always provide total guest satisfaction. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay. About the towels they are in the classical honeycomb texture, but we appreciate any suggestion You will provide us.
We certainly hope to be able to host you again on your next trip to Sorrento.
Regards.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We had a very good experience at Il Nido!
The room is very good , friendly and helpfull staff, great breakfast! The view from the hotel is beautiful! Staying at Sorrento was the right choice because we stayed away from the crowd and the mess and we could easily achieve other places. The hotel shuttle works perfectly with accurate timing so we didn't need the car to achieve Sorrento city center. (it is only 10 min by shuttle from the hotel to city center)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
ilnidosorrento, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Il Nido Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Mara K,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your experience. Every guest's reviews help us in our efforts to always provide total guest satisfaction. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay!. We are equally pleased that our staff made such a favorable impression. Nothing makes us happier than your confirmation of satisfaction as this is our ambition.
We are looking forward to host your return in our property again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Imagine sitting on your balcony to watch the sun set over Capri and when you look in another direction, there's Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples. We will never forget this sight and the spacious room we had at Il Nido. The owner was warm and helpful, the breakfast bountiful (with a machine that produced outstanding cappuccino and another that squeezed fresh orange juice), and the scheduled shuttle service down the steep and winding hills into Sorrento very convenient and reliable. The bed, at least in our room, was hard and uncomfortable and that's the only reason for four instead of five stars. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Mainewriter,
We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the view from the hotel. We are equally pleased that our staff made such a favorable impression. We are sorry if the bed was comfortable, and we hope next time You'll tell any problem to our desk.
Once again, thank you very much for taking your time and we are looking forward to host your return in our property again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

What a joy to awaken to this spectacular view across the bay of Naples. The owner and staff were so patient and helpful and the shuttle bus made travel so easy. Food was good and was great value for money. Efficiency and helpfulness would be how I describe il nido.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear Helers_8,
Thank you very much for sharing us with your favorable feedback on Trip Advisor. Your fine feedbacks are highly appreciated and we will share your comment with our team. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

It was my second time at the Il Nido Hotel and I was as satisfied (and much more) as I was on my first time.What I found most agreeable was the warmth and the sympathy of the owners with which I was welcomed and treated all throughout my stay.The staff is very nice, the food is excellent and the view is astonishing.Again I do recommend this hotel its nice staff and the restaurant in which it was a pleasure to dine.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank romus123

Dear Romus123,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience and for staying with us. It was a pleasure to see You again at Hotel Il Nido. I will pass along your compliments to Dino and the rest of the staff.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We stayed in Il Nido for two nights and we were very disappointed with this hotel. The rooms were furnished to a very poor standard, bathrooms were awful and service was not great too. Even though they say double bed, its actually two single beds joined together and in the middle of the night, I found that my bed was moving away from my husband's!! The towels provided in the bathroom were not towels but actually single pieces of cloth, which was also very annoying. The safe provided in the room was so tiny, we could not even fit our iPad in, so didnt see the point of having a safe in the room. The good things about the hotel were the free wifi and great sea views from the room (but I dont know if it was worth the premimum we paid for it). The location of the hotel is lovely and the exteriors were quite nice, but the room interiors were quite depressing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear DivK,
Thank you for your feedback. We take all guest comments very seriously and investigate any concerns immediately. We are sorry that you were uncomfortable in any way. Probably your room was used as double before your stay, and the sprung bed base was not anchored. Sharing your thoughts at the time of your stay allows us to help you immediately; sharing your thoughts online helps us to ensure the future comfort of our guests to come. We have a main safe for bigger things. Anyway as always, we'll continue to provide the very best of service and look forward to renewing your faith with your next stay with us!

Reviewed 8 May 2012

though I only got to stay here for 2 nights it was my favorite place in Italy, in a beautiful town this hotel was fantastic, great views, close walk to the water, very friendly staff. Comfortable rooms, great bathrooms from what I had experienced as a budget traveler in Italy so far ! I would love to come back again one day and spend more time here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Emma W,
Thank you for choosing HOTEL Il NIdo for your recent stay in Sorrento. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding areas. I will pass along your compliments to the staff.
We are looking forward to host your return in our property again soon.