“Beautiful setting”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2017

We walked past this restaurant and decided to try it. The location is beautiful and the staff are extremely attentive, perhaps a little too attentive, but very friendly. We went with the tasting menu and they were happy to accommodate my request to swap out the meat dishes for fish which I appreciated. We tried a local wine which was delicious and an ok price. The food was lovely, great flavours and having lived in Japan I knew what to expect with the menu. I agree that it is a little expensive, but we were full at the end and enjoyed the restaurant. I would recommend for a special occasion as it is just magical at sunset.

1  Thank Justine D

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We were staying at the hotel and were a bit hesitant to try the restaurant after reading reviews. However, we enjoyed a delicious dinner with stunning views. I will say that the reviewer's are correct that the prices are a bit higher than other restaurants. Also this is not your typical Italian fare. . It's very much Asian fusion. However, everything we ordered was flavorful and delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants beautiful views by the sea while enjoying a delicious, albeit pricey dinner.

2  Thank Barb C
Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

This of one of the 3 restaurants at the Hotel Grand Cocumella. We ate once. You can just do a walk up through its own gate by the seafront.
I won't bore you with detail, it's all on the website so check it out.
We allowed the very friendly and attentive waiter to recommend food and wine for us both and so were surprised that we left about £140 worse off for 3 seafood/meat courses and still starving!! So hungry in fact we walked over the road and ordered a pizza. Before you wonder we are just regular eaters, 3 courses are usually too much for us.
Positives, the service we got was very friendly, the food we had was all outstanding quality and the best prepared we had all holiday.
The location and views are breathtaking. Just stroll through the hotels garden.
If you go I think you will like it but make sure you order enough food and have rice to fill you up!
We stayed at the hotel which is utterly stunning. You will struggle to find much wrong with it.

3  Thank RussellH
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Though very expensive, the food & location were absolutely worth it. Enjoy absolutely delicious food whilst watching the beautiful sunset from the clifftops.

1  Thank I_Louisa
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Food is really good, so are their cocktails. Staff is very nice and professional.
Views are absolutely breathtaking!
The only downside is it was very expensive - but the above made up for it.