Just back from 5 days at this lovely hotel. Unfortunately we couldn't experience the wonderful terraces or swimming pools due to the rainy weather however every other aspect of the hotel was great. Very friendly and helpful staff, wonderful food with a large selection of choice. Some say expensive but we were on half board so had effectively paid upfront. Everything you could want for breakfast .. a vast selection of hot and cold. The views from the lounge and dining room are stunning.
Easy walk 5 minutes into the town and 10 minutes from the bus / train station.
Even though we did not book the more expensive sea view room, the view over the garden was ok and with the poor weather didn't get chance to sit on the balcony anyway. If it had been better weather, would have lounged on one of the few large open terraces anyway.
Overall, excellent hotel .. hopefully we will return some time when the weather is kinder!
The Davies family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and ACCOR so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento