Grand Hotel Vesuvio
US$906
Hotels.com
US$383
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
US$238
  • Breakfast included
Il Nido Hotel Sorrento(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$137
Hotel Belair(Sorrento)
US$456
US$443
1,332 results
All reviewsshuttle busbay of naplessea viewlarge pooltour grouppool bartinned fruitlarge hotelreception staffsky tvamazing viewsplenty of loungersmount vesuviushalf boardbreakfast and dinnersalad barpastries
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed 2 nights in Sorento whilst working our way around Italy. Good location about 5 minutes from the centre of Town. The little hotel bus is great and sticks to the timetable very well.
There is some fantastic little resturants in town that are pretty good value.
In saying that the Hotel resturant is good as well with the staff dressed in full suits and we loved the desert trolly.....
We had an ocean view room which is very nice and the rooms are a good size for Europe and are clean.
The pool area is good with plenty of room for the deck chairs.
We were driving and there was undercover parking for the car.
All in All a good hotel and

Room Tip: Book an ocean view room a bit more money but worth it
4  Thank Tys63
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed here for a week - originally booked on a B&B basis but were able to upgrade for 75 euros per person for half board which was good value considering the cost of eating out in Sorrento. The evening meals were of a high standard and always big portions. First course was usually buffet style salad with plenty of choices, followed by pasta, then meat or fish course and then a dessert which were served at table. The sunday buffet was amazing with turkey, beef, pork, salmon and sword fish all offered. Throughout the week there were usually 4 choices for each course so always something that appealed. The service in the restaurant was incredibly efficient and friendly.
We had paid extra for a sea view room which was worth it - as we had a great view across the bay to Vesuvius - and experienced some wonderful sunsets from our balcony. The rooms were cleaned daily and we had a reasonable size fridge which enabled us to chill our own wine/beer and keep food in it for lunchtime snacks when necessary.
Plenty to do in Sorrento + Pompeii + Herculanum + Paestrum and the local trains were cheap and easy. Also good ferry service across to Naples for 10 euros each way and only takes 40 minutes. Sorrento is a lively, beautiful place to go - with lots of restaurants - try the one opposite the Christmas shop - really excellent food, good prices and service. The shuttle bus from the hotel was absolutely fine and an essential service if you are to enjoy Sorrento.

4  Thank chideockgirl

Ciao!

10 night stay in Sorrento for the first time. A beautiful and must-see place but the hotel could've been a lot better. I wouldn't rate it as a 4* and that is the main reason for my 2/5 rating.

Arrival - Bad start! Not greeted! When checking in at reception, didn't really feel welcomed, the receptionist said what room we were in and what time dinner was and that was pretty much it! No description of the hotel or where anything was - including our room.

Food - Very nice with a different three course selection every night. But.... the service was unfriendly, rarely with a greeting and sometimes very slow. A couple of the waiters were really good, proud and enthusiastic when seating and providing you menus etc but the majority, unfortunately were the opposite with little to no customer service or waiting skills - you had to pour your own wine! One waiter in particular, Nino - I don't know how he is still employed there, I don't think I saw the miserable git smile once or even hear him speak all hol! Continuing the service topic, one eve, we were seated outside without asking us if we wanted to sit there or not - it was a buffet that night and some of the food had ran out barely half way into the dinner sitting. When asked about this, the response was just a shrug of the shoulders. So combining that with eating in the dark made the eve rather poor to say the least.

Pool with jacuzzi - Best part of the hotel from our experience. Chlorine and not salt water, quiet, plenty of sunbeds, seating area.

Hotel appearance - Ok. But that's it! Rooms were no way 4* standard and rather dated.

I had a great time overall; we hired a car so saw plenty of the coast, would definitely recommend the trek up Vesuvio and round the ruins in Pompei.... make sure you take some trainers for the walking though! We also did the boat trip to Capri that was spectacular - just don't eat too much for breakfast before hand :-s on the Island a local randomly greeted us, told us about the Island and where the best spots were! Very hospitable! Just a shame about the poorly serviced hotel lacking that Italian flare that we were expecting.

Room Tip: I would choose a different hotel!
1  Thank Jono L
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This hotel is about 5 minutes on the shuttle from the centre of Sorrento.If you arrive to Sorrento by bus or train its €25 in a taxi which I felt was expensive, however once you get to the hotel they have a free shuttle which goes regularly and there is a public bus stop accross the road which drops you to the train station and handy if you miss the shuttle.The last shuttle is around 11 or half eleven, it would be great if there was one around 12 or later.
The pool area and gardens are lovely and there are lots of sun loungers. The food at the pool bar could be better.
The rooms are basic but clean, and the staff are all very helpful. Breakfast isnt great, we had it only one morning during our 4 night stay as it wasnt worth getting up for.
Be sure to visit the rooftop, the view is lovely from on top.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Just returned from a 7 day holiday at the Grand Vesuvio and we did enjoy our stay. The hotel was large and everything we expected, but generally lacked a bit of atmosphere and warmth. Our room was large and clean and we had a stunning view overlooking the bay of Naples- priceless. The pool area was lovely and never felt overcrowded but the pool was too cold to be enjoyable. The hotel also has a small gym and some lovely gardens. It is on a main road and in the mornings there was a bit of noise which I did not find it excessive, however my partner feels it was too noisy at times.The breakfast buffet is good, continental style but it is pretty much the same every day- we did have fresh fruit but not everyday and some days there was cake too- including Creme Caramel; a new one for breakfast for me! We had lunch 3 times by the pool, basic choices but satisfactory. We stayed on a halfboard basis; I had already decided I wanted to eat out a couple of nights during the week and it is possible to exchange the dinner from the hotel for a packed lunch or a lunch by the pool, provided the option was taken on the same day. The dinners offered were on the simple side but I enjoyed nearly all of them, even though the vegetarian dish was a cheese dish every day, luckily I love cheese! The staff could be a bit stand-offish at times but I prefer this than them being in my face constantly. I asked to use the internet once, the charge it 5 Euros for 3 hours and I said I only needed it for 10 minutes and was given a free 15 minutes use, which I was pleased about. I did feel relaxed and felt that overall the service provided was good. However, if I were to return to Sorrento and I hope one day I will, I would not return to the Grand Vesuvio. This is because we were reliant on the courtesy bus; we were not able to walk anywhere. The bus service itself it efficient but it doesn't run between 1 pm and 4 pm, which left us stuck in Sorrento more than once- on the last day we did miss it and had no choice but take a taxi- we had to pay 20 Euro for a less than 10 minute drive!

Room Tip: Opt for the sea view room, you won't regret it.
1  Thank Veggie74