1,263 results
All reviews bay of naples rooftop pool via capo fantastic views wine waiter attic room breakfast and dinner mount vesuvius sea view top floor busy road half board my husband and i have just minute walk into town our honeymoon large terrace wonderful week
Reviewed June 17, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Minerva in Sorrento! The hotel met (exceeded) all of our expectations -- beautiful views, excellent service and an unbelievable rooftop pool. Nello's customer service was on another level. He made us feel so welcome and really added to our stay. Nino took excellent care of us every morning at breakfast and Stefano took great care of us at the pool. Thank you, thank you.

Date of stay: May 2018
AntoniettaAcampora, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Minerva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear guest,

Many thanks for reviewing us!!!

We're glad to see that your stay here got over your expectations and you enjoyed an outstandinbg stay in Sorrento!!

Hoping to see you back again at Minerva

Kind regards

Hotel Minerva - Staff

Reviewed June 14, 2018

My wife and I went to Sorrento on the 28th May 2018 for two weeks, we stayed at the Minerva Hotel which overlooks the bay of Sorrento.
From the moment we entered our room on the 5th floor we were just knocked out with the view towards Vesuvius.
We were here to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary so I wanted something special for my wife and this just ticked every box.
The hotel is well run and everyone is so friendly always willing to help out and offer sound advice.
The restaurant is run by head waiter Nino and he is just brilliant, we were there on half board and I have to say the meals were outstanding, Nino was always there to explain each dish with a smile making everyone feel relaxed and comfortable a real credit to the establishment.
We did all the trips including looking inside the crater over Vesuvius a definite must for anyone it's only once in a life time so it has to be done.
You have to do the half day train ride to the limoncello sampling it's real fun.
The icing on the cake was the Saturday night 12 days into our holiday a barge pulled up in the bay directly below our balcony and we had without doubt the best firework display ever so the higher the room the better.
The only downside I could mention was that the traffic can be noisy so take sleep aid tabs or good ear plugs.
Overall, the holiday was fabulous thankyou Minerva thankyou Sorrento.

Room tip: Highest rooms are best
2  Thank Cousie63
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

I cannot add anything (except more superlatives) - only endorse any positive remark previously written on Trip Advisor for this serene hotel. Nothing is too much trouble or a problem at this establishment. Outstanding staff, food, room, view, spa pool (huge) , privacy. Yup, I wanna go back.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Yve S
Reviewed June 10, 2018

Hotel Minerva is the best hotel in Sorrento. We had a wonderful stay. Our balcony room had breathtaking views, there was a good selection of food, the staff were all amazing going above and beyond. Having dinner every night looking out across the water was incredible. I cannot reccomend it enough. It is just a short walk from the main town so you get the best views and a more peaceful setting. The room was spacious and there are gorgeous tiles throughout the hotel. We were a bit younger than mosts of the guests but were still given excellent service. I try to never return to the same destination twice, but, Sorrento and the Minerva may just change that.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElleW94
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from spending a week at this beautiful hotel to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

Rooms - we had booked a room in the annexe part of the hotel on the second floor with a sea view. Our view was incredible, opened up the patio doors to beautiful views of Mount Vesuvius . Room was a good size, spotlessly clean and beds comfortable. Decor very vibrant but I like that.

Dining - the food was great during our stay, plenty of options at breakfast, cereals, toast, meats, cheese, pastries and eggs and bacon made to order if you wished. We were half board and dined a few nights in the hotel, food was great at dinner, big portions and a good selection on the menu each night. Pasta and risotto dishes were my favourite on the menu. Nino the head waiter was amazing, super attentive and helpful with the menu, after our first night he remembered our names and room number and greeted us warmly each morning and evening. All dining staff were faultless.

Pool and terrace - the rooftop pool in this hotel is truly beautiful, plenty of loungers and an absolutely beautiful relaxing setting to enjoy the sunshine. The pool bar was excellent too, again staff were amazing. The terrace on 5th floor was lovely, beautiful seating area to sit and watch the sun go down. The bar man - I’ve forgotten his name - made fabulous cocktails too.

The staff are an absolutely credit to this hotel, each member of staff so warm and friendly and to be honest they made our stay so enjoyable. We had a complimentary bottle of champagne and fruit bowl waiting for us on arrival to our room for our anniversary and this was a really lovely touch.

Excellent work Hotel Minerva, we will define return in the future.

3  Thank kazzalennon