All reviews gala night free prosecco waiter service pool view evening meal busy road weekly gala fifth floor pool closes the main square train station half board lovely hotel plenty of sunbeds through thomson large pool hotel overlooking
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great position for Sorrento. The staff in the restaurant and bar were excellent, as was the night porter, Chris. Our room was ok however the twin beds were only 31” wide and seemed short (perhaps they were children’s?) and as a result my 79 year old mother fell out 3 times, injuring herself. We had to put spare pillows on the floor and push the bed together. The bath mat had no rubber backing and it slid on the tiled floor, resulting in another fall which needed steristrips. They did not have these in the first aid box so they had to go out for them. Fortunately mum was just badly bruised with a gash in her elbow, but this could have been very serious. One night we had a bed sheet which had a hole in it!

The pool - plenty of beds but the towels were ragged and had holes. We often had to wait until after 10 for them to appear. Pool hours were strictly 9-6 which is fair enough, however this meant that you could not relax around the pool at any other time. The decking where the spa tub (not working) was situated had not been sanded or varnished and we had several nasty splinters.

Food was mediocre and the coffee terrible.

Come on Thomson - make sure that this hotel is up to scratch for next season. It could be wonderful and I would happily pay more if it was refurbished properly. As it is I will never return and urge nobody else to visit until these issues are addressed.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have less road noise.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

First time visiting Sorrento.

Hotel is located about 10 minutes walk from centre. Nice room, basic but clean and with pool view. Great staff, on reception, bar and dining room, all very friendly. Lovely pool, which wasn't overcrowded during our visit. Food generally good but not great; was not a fan of the hot food (breakfast only)

Prosecco on arrival and limoncella on our last night was a very nice touch. Will definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2018

I was part of a tour group and travelling alone. The room was very small and I had to keep my suitcase closed to move around. The air conditioner was noisy and I had to call the front desk to turn it off at night. The light switch was faulty and at times I wasn't able to turn off the light at night. I had to remove the room card from the slot so that the light was turned off. The hotel is in a great location but seeing as it's on the main boulevard it can get noisy at night. Very difficult to sleep. Positives with the hotel: Great location, 15 minute walk to center, super clean rooms, great swimming pool. Helpful and friendly staff. Chris at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank madeldotto
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Again after reading some of the reviews, wondered what we are letting ourselves in for, but the Flora was really good, if you want a room with a pool view, book one when you book your room.
The rooms where cleaned every day, the staff are pleasant and always helpful, big sized pool with plenty of sun beds.
The gala dinner was lovely, breakfast and dinner are fine, with plenty of choices.
Couldn’t quite give it a 5, as the only down side, was, at dinner there was always a rush to get you through your courses, sometimes you hadn’t finished your first course when the waiter brought your next course.
But apart from that loved Sorrento and loved the Flora
And would we stop their again, you bet we would, defo.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paddy B
Reviewed September 6, 2018

I booked this hotel and tried to keep an open mind considering some of the trip advisor reviews and we were pleasantly surprised. We had 2 bedrooms, I had emailed ahead and asked for adjacent rooms if possible and my request was met. However, we had very different experiences with the air conditioning - my room was so cold that I had to dig out extra blankets from the cupboard during the night. However, the other room felt as though the air conditioning was barely on. The reception staff were informed of this but it took a couple of attempts to resolve the problem. I eventually asked them to amend the temperature of my air con which left the room warmer than I'd like but this was the lesser of the 2 evils.

Breakfast was a hearty selection of cooked and continental food, the poor long suffering chef made fresh omelettes every morning and the team of waiters were the most cheerful crew I've ever seen. Evening meals included a choice of starter (including soup or pasta) and about 4 choices for the main course. There was also a salad bar, I often chose pasta and the salad bar forgoing the main course altogether and there was always cake or ice cream for pudding. I struggled a little with the house wine, being the only wine drinker in my family it wasn't really an option to order a bottle of wine. One evening I was served a glass which I really couldn't drink. When I sent it back the waiter returned with a half bottle which he uncorked in front of me and gave me, compliments of the house. A highlight of the week was a Prosecco fuelled Gala dinner which was delivered with great flourish by the ever smiling team of waiters under Guiseppe's guidance.

The swimming pool was a decent size and although we stayed there in the middle of August we didn't really experience any problems with obtaining sunbeds. The location is great, the area felt nice and safe, about 15 minutes walk into the heart of Sorrento and very handy for the railway station for visits to Pompeii and Naples.

I would recommend this hotel, the decor in the rooms isn't really dated just typically Italian - although if I had my way I would get rid of the brown blankets. Hopefully the air con will be sorted out before we return again next year, then I can give the hotel the 5 stars it really deserves!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family