Grand Hotel Capodimonte(Sorrento)
US$390
US$437
La Tonnarella(Sorrento)
US$183
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
US$271
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$317/night.

Grand Hotel Royal(Sorrento)
US$207
US$176
Agoda.com
1,942 results
All reviewsinfinity poolrooftop barthe main squaremodern hotelpiazza tassogreat hotelpastriestrain stationperfect locationcomfort roomhotel barbreakfast buffetamalfi coastbalcony roomour honeymoonrestaurants and barswould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed at the Plaza for several days in mid-April and can honestly say that it was one of the best, and nicest, hotels we've ever stayed at.

The location is unbeatable – just a minute or two’s walk from Piazza Tasso, the main square, and a few minutes from the railway station (trains to Naples), but without the noise that usually goes with such a central location.

From our first arrival we were given a warm welcome, and looked after exceptionally well by all the staff. The Reception staff were all friendly and helpful, as were the two waiters serving breakfast.

The room was spotlessly clean, and of a decent size. The bathroom was spacious, and as well as the standard overhead shower there was a very useful hand shower - why aren't all hotel showers designed as well as this? It was a proper, spacious, walk-in shower with a door, too - no tacky plastic curtains. There was a very good hairdryer, also in the bathroom, as well as a bidet. The eco-friendly toiletries were replenished daily.

Along with the rest of the hotel, the bedroom and bathroom were stylishly and sensibly designed. The balcony was a great advantage, overlooking, as it did, the road at the front of the hotel. Street noise? Not a bit of it - the double-glazed sliding doors provided total soundproofing, and the room was absolutely quiet.

There was interesting art on the walls of the bedroom and throughout the hotel, and the whole place had an air of cool, stylish calmness – a very far cry from the impersonal chain hotels that are so prominent everywhere now.

The infinity pool on the top floor of the hotel was beautifully set, with stunning views across to Vesuvius. It was clean, with plenty of chairs, and a real pleasure to use on a warm sunny day. We stayed from 16 April, and were delighted that the pool was already open.

Breakfasts were a positive joy - we stayed for 11 nights, but even at the end of the holiday we were still enjoying them. Rarely do you find such a wonderful selection of freshly made cakes and pastries (really fresh croissants, for example – a rare delight in hotels these days), along with all the other things you’d expect from a quality hotel, including, perhaps unusually for Italy, bacon, sausages, scrambled egg and beans. The cold meats and cheeses, tomatoes, salad etc are all there, too, but a bacon and egg breakfast is always a great start to the day. Great coffee, too, and you can even make your own vegetable/fruit juice in a juicer from the ingredients provided. A lot of thought went into making this such a good breakfast, with so many options, and it typifies the way in which the Plaza obviously tries hard to keep its guests happy.

The two waiters provided efficient, very helpful and friendly service, working together extraordinarily well as a team. On our last day they even went to special trouble to make sure that we managed to get breakfast before a particularly early flight - nothing was too much trouble for them.

Finally, the free Wi-Fi provided in all the bedrooms was really appreciated and extraordinarily useful - a really nice additional touch, and a refreshing change from some of the outrageously high prices charged by some hotels.

You’ll find a decent-sized room safe, all the usual room facilities, and a clever little system which illuminates a small display outside your room to show whether you’re in and whether or not you want to be disturbed – no more knocks at the door from cleaning staff when you’re still getting dressed!

Civilised, stylish, well-designed, calm, efficient - these are the words that immediately spring to mind about the Plaza, along with the helpfulness and friendliness of all the staff. If you’re looking for a really great place to stay in Sorrento, look no further – I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShingleStreet
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

I am currently waiting to depart Hotel Plaza to go home. I am sad as this stay has been amazing and everything I wanted from a honeymoon. The decor if the hotel is modern, clean, comfortable and simple. When we arrived our room had no balcony so I asked if we could be moved and this was done immediately. All the staff are so knowledgable and friendly. Our room was not huge but had everything we needed and was cleaned daily. Breakfast was lovely and had lots of options, even though I do wonder who would eat cake for breakfast! The rooftop terrace is amazing, with its pool and beautiful views of Sorrento it is a must. Free WiFi helped us stay connected with home and is a bonus when other hotels normally charge. The location is right next to the main square so perfect for making the most of Sorrento. Everything about this hotel made our holiday easy so we could concentrate on having fun.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank jaime222red
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have stayed at many different hotels in Sorrento by now, and I must saw Plaza Hotel is definitely on my shortlist for future references. What i like most is that the staff don't really notice you. You're in, you're out, and no one gives a hoot. I also like it that everything is newly renovated - clean and neat. I was upgraded to a very nice room (possibly one of the the best rooms) during shoulder reason so I have nothing to complain about. I imagine that some other rooms may be a bit small, though. I loved my balcony. I also think that there is a tiny bit of mildew smell that may be due to the hotel being closed all winter.
Now onto my favorite thing: the breakfast. I read some bad reviews about its breakfast while booking through an online agency but it does not deserve the bad reviews. The breakfast was fabulous. Lots of fresh ingredients and the best? A fruit juice bar with all sort of veggies as well to make the best concoction. I loved it. They even had fennel. I extended one more night because I liked the hotel...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Debra L
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Plaza Hotel in Sorrento is perfectly located, just off the main square on a quiet road. The hotel is small, but elegant and beautifully decorated. The rooms are comfortable. The staff were wonderful and so helpful in recommending transport options, tourist attractions as well as lovely restaurants. The bartender in the bar downstairs made the best martinis and strawberry caprioskas. We had a lovely time!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kkaur
Reviewed April 22, 2012

An excellent hotel! Great location! Everywhere was clean & fresh. Wide choice at the breakfast buffet. I would certainly stay there again, as would the rest of the group.

• Stayed: March 2012