“Hidden gem”

Villa Jovis Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 122 Restaurants in Capri
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Description: Villa Jovis was the large villa where the Emperor Tiberius spent his stay in Capri. In this majestic imperial residence that is designed today the restaurant Villa Jovis, a place where you can sample the finest Mediterranean cuisine surrounded by arches, statues, decorations, columns, paintings, vases and mosaics to relive the evocative Roman era uniqueness.
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I are on our honeymoon for a week now in a few places in Italy and have been in Capri for a few days trying different restaurants but Villa Jovis was by far our best overall experience. The view is fantastic and the food was even better but the service is what topped it all off. We were constantly tended to by the staff and Genaro the manager took out the time to talk to us and made sure we were doing good all night. The restaurant itself if beautiful inside with a great terrace. We wound up staying an extra hour because we were enjoying ourselves and the ambience of the place so much. This one will be hard to top!

1  Thank NJjose

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I are with a small group of friends, during our visit at Capri.

The food was very good. We ate a three course menu (1st course, main course and dessert). For the main course I shared the meat course that had to be shared with two people (I don't remember the name, but it was only one), and it was delicious.

The service was excellent, which I truly got to experience when I accidently spilled tomato soup on my shirt. When asking for the bathroom to remove the stains, the staff asked if I needed help removing the stains. They did, and the result was perfect. Truly great service!

The food is a bit more expensive than we are used to from the main land, but it appears this is just the price level of Capri.

I can recommend the restaurant if you want to enjoy good food, with a view of the ocean and fantastic staff.

2  Thank itsSunday
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Had one of the best meal in this restaurant, the whole experience was just absolute perfection. From arrival to finish the service was spot on, we were well looked after by the waiting team. The dishes were high quality and just top notch with reasonable prices. Had marinated tune/salmon/swordfish for starter which was fresh and delicious and shared the Chateaubriand for the main. Cooked perfectly and carved at the table. In my opinion this restaurant is the next big thing in Capri!

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Did a boat trip to Capri and had a wonderful lunch here!! We spent a significant amount of time talking to the owner who was lovely! The food was awesome highly recommend the raveoli! It was also a great place to get away from the crowds of Capri! This place was tucked away and was beautiful! Very popular with the locals and not toristy at all! Highly recommend!

1  Thank Amanda G
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Beautiful views, beautiful restaurant (my wife says super clean restrooms), beautiful meal. The mixed Capri fish was so fresh and tender that it was amazing.

Villa_Jovis, Responsabile reception at Villa Jovis Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Thank you very much !!! We are happy that you enjoy your visit !!