New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Capri
Atlanta, Georgia
“I wouldn't stay here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

We stayed here for the first, and last time, a few weeks ago. I had three teenagers with me, and we were with another family with two teenagers. The location is just ok....be prepared, as someone else said, to take your own luggage up. The elevator only fits about 3 people in it, and takes absolutely forever. We ended up walking up 3 flights of stairs most of the time instead of waiting on the elevator. My room was somewhat comfortable temperature-wise, but the kids' room was quite warm the whole time. The air vent in my room above the dresser dripped water the entire time. My shower stopped up everytime I used it. Each day, I asked for someone to take a look at it. Each day I was told someone had fixed it. Never was I offered another room....they eventually, on my last night, told me that it couldn't be fixed, that that was just the way it was. The beds are horrible....it would have been more comfortable to sleep on the floor. Only one of the front desk staff was helpful....the others were quite aloof. The breakfast, however, was delicious, and the breakfast staff very nice.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank luvhrsz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

We have stayed at the Mamela hotel on Capri at least 5 times and iot continues to impress me. Very clean and very friendly. It's location is perfect...close enough to the action but far enough away to be private. Great views!!!

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Rfed8864
Union, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

My Husband and I stayed at the Hotel Mamela for the first half of our Honeymoon. We had a deluxe suite and couldn't have been happier. Our view was breathtaking and the service was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone enjoying a quiet romantic getaway! PS. The pool was great!!!

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KristenSig
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

The hotel is a lovely 4 star hotel, within a short walk from everything in Capri.
Nice terrace and pool area, and the lunch area has a great view and a decent lunch at reasonable prices (for Capri).

The hotel has a policy of not allowing children under 14 in the pool after 1 pm. In all fairness, this should have been made clear to us when we made the reservation, including a 7 year old boy. This is also not clear from the hotel website. We complained, and the rule was changed while we were there.

It is a bit pricy, but then again - this is Capri.

Other than that - a nice hotel, with a friendly staff - including the room maids - and is clearly under excellent management.

Recommended!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2008

I stayed here with two girlfriends this summer, it was my fourth trip to Capri but the first time I had stayed at the Mamela.

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel, the location is excellent, 5 minutes walk from Via Camarelle with all the main shops, resturants, bars...

The staff were all lovely, the hotel does not serve dinner but the lunch was divine, served in the resturant on a terrace (book a table at the edge to make the most of the view), the swimming pool is a great size, always an attendent present, always enough sunbeds.

The breakfast included in the price of the room is coffee, fruit & crossaints, plus eggs dishes at an extra charge.

The only downside (and not the hotels fault) was a few loud Americans whose voices could be heard constantly at breakfast, lunch, the pool... but perhaps that is just due to the time we visited. But in summary, lovely hotel, and I shall return!

• Liked — Everything... location, pool, food, drink
  • Disliked — Checking out
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PrincessPLondon
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2008

Hotel Mamela was the most pleasant stay we had while traveling in Europe. The staff was great (especially Nadine at the front desk) and went above and beyond to help us with converters, directions, restaurant reservations, boat tickets and luggage. We had only wonderful things to say and no complaints. The room was spacious and VERY clean, the complimentary breakfast was great, the pool is gorgeous and the hotel is in a great location. I would, without a doubt, stay there again.

Stayed September 2008
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2008

We stayed at this hotel the first week of Sept. for our honeymoon. The hotel room was beautiful and the view from the balcony is great. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially the bartenders. One night they were closing the bar, but opened up again when we showed up for one last drink.

Our shower was clogged the first night, but after we told the front desk they had it fixed right away, and we had no other problems.

The breakfast isnt like America, just pasteries, friut, and coffee, but that is what is normal in Italy. You can buy omelets and other breakfast if you wanted. The coffee was great, and so was the wine and limonchello! The pool was very clean and we always had a chair to sit in.

Overall we had a great time at this hotel and would definitly come back again.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Clogged shower
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)