All reviews bay of naples borgo marinaro sea view waterfront location fifth floor bell hop superb location cakes safe area elegant hotel egg castle taxi rank sea front beautiful room the hotel staff small balcony hotel bar
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

What a difference an individual makes. Dario helped me tonight and stood out as a true professional. He not only spoke English very well but he offered careful counsel on dishes, sauces, and wine as I navigated the menu. He took extra care to accommodate my food allergy. It was a perfectly relaxed meal after a very long day of work.

They selected excellent fish and delivered an experience that was made even better under his care - he served it flawlessly. Dario clearly cares about detail and about the success of his organization. I am looking forward to returning and to dining there again - as long as Dario is working there again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Luxurious hotel with large rooms and a splendid location, at the seaside and very near the castel dell'ovo. Friendly personnel. My room was very clean, I only remarked that small black particles kept coming with the water (water tubes not clean?). The bed was comfortable but I did not really liked the pillow (feels a bit like plastic). The breakfast is nice, with a variety of products (unless a tourist group just stole it all away… but the staff is fast in bringing on new). A lot of pastries, cakes and other sweet things.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Above expectations! Wonderful views, large and tastefully decorated rooms recently refurbished. Superb breakfast and mist of all very friendly, competent and helpful receptionists who make you feel at home. I shall be back!

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms on the front
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We stayed in this Hotel in May 2018 - 2 adults and 2 kids. As it was our wedding anniversary trip, I wanted to have a memorable stay... And we had it! The room was more than perfect. It all we needed and even more - the view was increadible (Old Castle, Sea, Vesuvio on the side), clean and comfortable, including jacuzzi in our bathroom. Breakfast was matching our taste. Location - superb!
If I ever comeback to Naples - I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Usually when hotels proclaim themselves "Grand" they seldom live up to the billing or were once "Grand" but have faded in the passage of time like an old suit that has had one too many wears.
Happily, the Grand Hotel Santa Lucia did live up to its billing mixing old world charm, furniture, oil paintings and marble with contempory luxury. We used the hotel to book end a trip to Ischia and is in a prime location to go to the port but watch out for the scamming taxi drivers our fares ranged from 5 Euros to get there from the hotel booked car to 20 Euros to go back to the hotel from the port on a Sunday. Try and ask the price in advance, they usually add on 5 Euros than what it should be and for some strange reason all the meters don't work. Despite its bad press and protestations from honest cabbies, Uber would be a welcome addition to Naples. Even the Fixed price cab of 25 Euros to the airport suddenly becomes 30 Euros due to hidden tolls. We were hoping to go to the musem in Naples on the Sunday afternoon but felt it might be another 20 Euro there and 20 back. Credit card machines also do not seem to work in the Napoli cabs either.
Fortunately the hotel prices were not a rip off. We had a junior suite in a nice corner room with balconies that was the equivalent price of a standard hotel room in London with breakfast included. The breakfast is quite basic and typically continental with cold meats, cheese, ham but with a very Italian addition of local pastries and cakes. Coffee is all you would expect in Italy and fresh juices are delicious. There is an a la carte menu for omelettes for an additional charge.
A short walk along the promenade will soon provide a bountiful selection of classic Italian eateries from seafood to pizzarias and the Marina opposite the hotel offers yet more charming eateries and bars all of which are good value and excellent local fayre.
Staff are very friendly and helpful. The only thing that was missing was a Spa, but coming from Ischia which is an island of thermal springs and Spas we were not too bothered. The jaccuzzi in the bathroom, complete with underwater changing lights was amazing and a Spa in itself. When we head back to the Amalfi coast we will definitely break the journey in Napoli at the Grand Hotel Santa Lucia

Room Tip: Junior suites on 5th floor get the corner room if you can
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple