Hotel Siri
Palace Hotel(Naples)
Hotel Odeon(Naples)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 9, 2015 via mobile

We booked this hotel for one night. We chose this hotel because of the location to the train station. If you have been in any big city in the world the areas around the train station is usually not idealistic and this is no exception. Thus is not the happy go lucky tourist area but with that the location is excellent. There is a locals flea market down most of the streets during the day. Mostly old junk I would throw away. It is loud and dirty by most peoples standards. Reminded me of Fez morocco.

When we arrived the staff was extremely helpful and checked us in early. The was an issue with our room and they moved us to a sister hotel the Orsa Maggiore. This was just a block away. Room was spacious and the wifi worked without issue. The breakfast was simple and nice. Pastries, salami, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. The staff was kind and helpful there too.

So the problem was our bathroom smelled really bad. We think the subfloor is rotted. So not much you can do about that immediately. Since thus pertains to Orsa maggorie I will continue the reive there.

If you want something in thus location this might be thee right choice for you.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HoneyDelunatic
Reviewed October 27, 2014

Location: The connections to and from the hotel is good. It's just 5min on foot from the main station/Piazza Garibaldi, 2 min from Port Nolana Circumvesuviana station (for Pompeii and Herculaneum), 15 min from the historic center. The area looks a bit shady but not particularly dangerous.

Services: The stuff were nice and helpful. The hotel is very clean and tidy (the neighboring area is not!).
The internet connection was terrible. There was no WiFi inside the room. Even the connection in the common area was really weak and unstable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2014 via mobile

Well, first of all Hotel misleading travellers that is renovated. I don't think so. As I arrived late morning hot and humid and tired my room was not ready. They gave me room 26. Well windows were facing nothing but the aircon machines. I wasn't much bothered much about it thought been noisy. Aircon was working but could not control much as the the whole thing on the wall was broken so either keep it on all the time or switch off. Shower cleanish, provide toiletries some kind, shower head? there was none - broken. Towels very old mangy and used lots as some had halls in it. there is small tv showing just italian tv. Should ask for remote as they don't offer at reception as check you in. Safe locked by key. There is joint there to eat breakfast but I didn't used it. Staff speak no english so was difficult to ask anything. You have say morning first as they never made first move. Grumpiest of all was the older gent I guess owner of the hotel. Not even once said hi or morning or evening or any other word. So if you just sleep and go like I did it's perfect. Location is great. People say it's dangerous but it's not all Naples looks like that. I felt very comfortable in the area 4 min walk to Circumvesuviana station

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Hotel Siri is centrally located in Naples. You're in walking distance to the main train and bus station (Garibaldi).

Our room was okay in it's size with A/C, phone, Wi-Fi, and TV (though only Italian channels were available). Bathroom was a bit small but still okay.

Room was always clean (yet the corner of the shower could've used some extra scrubbing).

We had breakfast included which ist served from 7 am to 10 am and consists of a small buffet with croissants, marmalade, juice, cake, toast, cheese, salami, and butter. Nothing fancy so was the coffee. Breakfast is served in salon-like room which every guest has to pass through to get to his or her room. Try to get a room that is away from this hall as room doors open directly to it and the walls are thin.

Staff was mostly friendly and spoke little to no Englisch but you'll find ways to communicate.

Now some reviews mentioned the dirty streets around the hotel. Yes, they are dirty and full of litter and not actual garbage. The reason is simple as the local flea markets and a lot of travelling hawkers can be found in the surroundings and when the market is over nobody feels responsible for picking up the litter. But don't let that reflect on the hotel as there is nothing the staff can do about it. The situation with garbage in Naples is not that bad as everybody thinks.

Room Tip: Room away from the breakfast hall.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I was a little apprehensive about staying in this hotel. Some of the reviews I had read were harsh to say the least, but some were fine, so I took a chance. I liked the location, close to the main train station and within walking distance to many interesting locations. I couldn't have been happier with my choice. From the time we arrived, which was quite late at night, to the time we left, the staff were kind and helpful.There wasn't a lift but our bags were taken up to our room and brought down again when we left. Our room was large and comfortable. We had not visited Naples before and the staff were very helpful, advising us on how to get to certain places and even offering to come and get us if we got lost. The breakfasts were fine. The coffee delicious and the location interesting. I would definitely stay there again..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family