“Exceptional dinner and service”

Restaurant President
Ranked #35 of 191 Restaurants in Pompeii
Price range: US$29 - US$73
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We arrived and unbeknownest to us it was a fancy *think traditional setting* and beautiful restaurant. Romantic setting and great service. they didn't mind our 2 yr old daughter and our jeans and fleece. The food was delish. I recommend the eggplant parmesean for the appetizzer. not what you get in the states - - this was delicate and amazing. my family had two fish dishes wish were delish as well. the chef, paolo came out and greeted us and gave us limoncello. Thanks to Paolo and the waiter for a great way to round out the day. The restaurant is right around the corner from Hotel Diana and the Piazza Santuario.

1  Thank DeeNC619
There are newer reviews for Restaurant President

Reviewed 2 October 2011

The waiters where fantastic. My and Husband and I went for a celebratory meal for our Wedding Anniversary and we where not disapointed. Paolo introduced himself, made suggestions about what to eat, drink etc. The waiter then stood and waited on us all night, standing at a distance and only coming to us when he felt it was right. We sat outside under the lemon trees and opted for the Chefs Speciality, which was Fish from the Gulf in a Lemon sauce with Wine and Creamed potatoes,absolutely delicious, melt in the mouth fish, sublime. We took White Wine from the region, Vesuvio, which just slid down and was perfect with the meal. To top it off the waiter then suggested to have a lemon sorbet, made from their own amalfi lemons. Stunning is the only word I can offer on this meal. We thought it couldn't get any better but it did we then got 20% off the price because we had come from the Hotel Forum. Thank you to all that served us for a meal to remember!

If you are going to Pompeii this is definately a must! Go for the Chefs Speciality Gulf Fish in a Lemon sauce. Outstanding, with a bottle of the White Wine from the Vesuvio region. You won't regret it!

1  Thank carolinegrennan
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My hotel sent me to this restaurant at the end of a long hot and tiring day because I Paulo took care of me himself and prepared not-on-the-menu local dishes for me that were sublime. I recommend the local white fish in lemon/potatoe sauce that is heaven on the tastebuds and melts in your mouth!

2  Thank jrsilver
Reviewed 23 July 2011

The starter was so small we asked for some bread- we got two slices of awful old bread. We only drank mineral water, as my wife was on medication and was unable to drink. She had a risotto for a main, and I had meat with some cold vegetables, my wife also ordered some cheese, 3 small pieces costing 18 euros. No coffee as it was rather late- the bill was 120 Euros.
When I questioned this , he apologised and said that he had given us the incorrect bill
( not true), he then got very angry, as he had to make out another bill for us- . When we entered the restaurant he was very gushing and all over us like a rash.
When he saw we were not drinking or eating a lot, as it was late, he just ignored us. The waiters were very nice and we left them a good tip- but the owner is just after your money.
Food not good- tasted better in third rate cafes . He came running after us into the street, and apologised, but it was too late- would not ever go there again.
It was an awful experience , we speak Italian feel sorry for people who do not understand
and just pay up.

9  Thank MarateaWelltravelled
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My girlfriend and I visited the restaurant based upon reviews on this site and we weren't dissapointed. We chose a set menu which the manager Paolo changed slightly so we could appreciate a better main course at no extra cost. The food was excellent as was the wine, and at €116 for two including wine and five courses I think good value. To complete our dining experience US band 'The Jets' played a live concert on the adjacent piazza which complimented our evening perfectly.

1  Thank bignoseWales