“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place for dinner. Great service, great wine, great food. The ravioli is the best I have ever had. The steak tartar was delicious. We could skip the fried appetizers- nothing great here, but everything else was so incredibly delicious, that can be forgiven. Don't miss this gem of a restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,978)

Reviewed January 29, 2018

We went here based on reviews on tripadvisor and was blown away, the atmosphere was great, it was full of locals, house red wine was beautiful as were the huge 1kg t bone steaks and tiramisu. Would definitely return.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We went here on our first day in Rome. It was very close to our hotel and a little bit outside of the old center.
We were very surprised about the friendly staff, the great bruschetta and the tasty pizza. The wine was also delicious and all this for a very good price compared to restaurants in the old center.
When we left the restaurant, there were no places left. It looked very popular for locals.

1  Thank Katia S
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

It may have been the weather or the fact that Rome is the last stop on our trip but I Butteri was underwhelming. The appetizers in particular seemed rushed and overly salty. In contrast the roasted vegetables had no flavor at all. Service was indifferent. The steak was fine, correctly done and reasonably priced. For that, three stars.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

We ate at I Butteri (EE Boot-er-ee) twice while were in Rome, once on our first night and again on our last.

The first visit we felt a bit like the Stranger in a Strange Land surrounded by chic Italians eating their own weight in what a North American would consider seriously underdone beefsteak. Fascinating to watch.

That first night we ordered garlic bread, salad, stuffed zucchini flowers appetizer and, shrinking from the full Florentine T-bone, what we thought would be smaller steaks. Our salad was fantastic with lovely greens and beautiful red, ripe tomatoes. Dressing is do-it-yourself with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper but that worked very well. The garlic bread is the pizza crust baked with olive oil and garlic and was delicious. The stuffed zucchini flower appetizer received mixed reviews, I liked it but my wife did not appreciate the anchovies that were part of the stuffing.

The main event was the steaks and they were amazing. For one thing they were huge. For another they came to the table still sizzling on hot cast iron griddles. We ordered the steaks "medium" but I think they only ask customers how they would like their steaks because they all come out pretty much the same, rare. Fortunately ours were still cooking on those hot griddles and eating around the edges and the thinner parts we had all we could manage, leaving a bit of the thickest part from the middle of the steak as a bit too rare for our taste. Another time I might try an order of "well" but whatever...we loved the meat.

The second visit, on our last day, we were tired and not so hungry. My wife had pizza, which she loved. I had the pasta caccio e peppi which is fettucini noodles with cheese and pepper - a Roman classic. I enjoyed it but probably should have joined my wife in that pizza or gone back to the steak.

Lovely, patient, friendly, awesomely efficient staff who were very kind to Canadians with only a few words of Italian.

Highly recommended.