All reviews re di roma sun terrace centre of rome metro station storage space arrived late in the evening transport links minute walk deluxe room reception staff recommend this hotel lovely hotel tiramisu spoke good english some great restaurants breakfast room tourist attractions
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Clean, close to the Metro for travel. Beds were good no wash cloths. Big breakfast on 3rd floor. Could have better lighting. Very helpfull day man. Room quite small. TV only has 2 channel with English.Not very close to a lot of things always has to take the Metro.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, I’d like to say what a wonderful hotel this is with staff who are so lovely and always willing to help. The beds are of a good standard with nice linen and good pillows. The hotel has a good modern feel and is near to the metro station making it just a short distance away from all the amazing local attractions Rome has to offer. Myself and friends stayed at this hotel to celebrate my 50th birthday.... it’s a birthday I’ll remember for always - AMAZING.

Now for the not so good part if you’re a disabled traveller looking for a good place to stay in Rome. The pictures online and in brochures are very deceiving, creating the image of an airy large room, as a wheelchair user with very limited mobility the hotel was an important part of my stay so we were pleased to find that their were accessible rooms at this hotel. When we arrived, getting into my room was extremely difficult. My hand and knuckles were grazed from having to maneuver through the entrance, I managed to pass the bathroom which was immediately to my left upon opening the door, and once past there, that was as far as I was able to go. I could move freely around the room, I could move at all!!!!!! Fortunately my husband was with me who was able to help me onto the bed and get what I needed. I had no independence in that room at all. The bathroom wasn’t bad though, my chair could I fact fit in there and there were hand rails and an accessible sink and mirror and high toilet. We did request a larger room and the staff did show us another but it was just the same. We saw a room whilst maids were cleaning that was a little larger and requested this room from the staff who suggested that we could have the room IF our friends exchanged their room and used the accessible one we were in which also wasn’t an option because we wet the prepared to disrupt others just to suit ourselves, so we had to make do. I wish I’d had the chance to read a review from a disabled traveller using this hotel so I do hope it helps others reading this.

The ‘pool’ that is advertised is not a pool at all. It’s a jacuzzi, which is nice if that’s what you want but if you’re hoping for a swim this is not the place to be.

On the whole.... a compact lovely hotel that is clean, polite, cheerful and in a great position to go sightseeing, just be aware that that for wheelchair users or those of a very limited mobility that in this case “size does matter”! Size is something these rooms don’t have.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Great hotel. Receptionist was friendly and gave us tips for Rome on a map. Room was fab, clean. Very quiet hotel. Seen one other guest the whole weekend. Hotel is confidently near Metro, out the way of hustle of centre. Lovely hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Room Tip: the room had a nice spa tub and had all the necessary amenities
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Grand location, pretty quiet as it was December and probably a bit off season - felt like we had the place to ourselves!

We were barely there to be honest so it was mostly just a bed to sleep in at night.

The first 2 days we had a lovely guy on reception, super helpful and friendly.

Unfortunately on the day we checked out we had a very bad experience.

We decided to have breakfast at the hotel only on the last morning of our stay for a fiver each - it was a pretty terrible breakfast but that wasn't really a big problem - it happens!

The problem was that when we went to pay for the breakfast and check out the receptionist accused us of having had breakfast there another morning and that we had to pay for it. We told him we hadn't - he continued to push it and try and make us pay and then got the staff from the breakfast room involved claiming they saw us the day before (we did go up there to see what was on offer and decided to not eat there)

This went on and on and then he just said fine just pay for one breakfast -but he made it clear he thought that we were lying.

Put a bit of a dampener on the whole stay at the hotel and I would not recommend it as a result.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple