“Generally pretty good, but resting on its laurels a bit ”

Alfredo alla Scrofa
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Alfredo alla Scrofa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,528 of 13,983 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$23 - US$68
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: In the heart of Rome the Restaurant Alfredo alla Scrofa welcomes you in its rooms, rich in history and tradition, among softly music able to evoke images of long times ago.In a warm atmosphere and deep suggestions, with the charme of our Restaurant, the guest lives a trip back in the time to discover the true taste of Italy, with certainty to rediscover and taste the old tradition, result of continuous research on cooking and of a passionate investigation about wine culture.A study in which we are dedicated to always, and that is the daily bread every day, every night, for over a century, we share with You.
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Pretty well everything you’d expect from a restaurant with a strong reputation.

The famed fettuccine, tasty and “melt-in-the-mouth” though it is, is ridiculously expensive relative to its worth. The starters were pretty good - a good range and well delivered. The mains were better on the menu than they were when delivered - nothing dreadful, but nothing outstanding either.

Wine list as good as you would expect.

Pricing middle of the road for a capital city.

So not disappointing, but not sufficiently exciting to get me motivated to return in a hurry.

Date of visit: February 2018
Alfredo1907, Proprietario at Alfredo alla Scrofa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Dear customer, thank you for your positive review! We are very pleased that he enjoyed and enjoyed our Fettuccine Alfredo! We hope to see you soon in the halls of our restaurant.

Mario and Veronica

Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

A friend of my wife advised us to can me to this restaurant. First of all I did not like the attitude of the staff. Although the restaurant was half empty, they did not want to give us a table at the main area, and they behaved like we were lucky to be accepted to the restaurant during the service.

Starters were simply tasteless, but pastas were good. I had fettucine alfredo, which was served with some kind of a ceremony. Sauce was a little bit salty for me but still enjoyable. Tiramisu again average.

This restaurant is quite expensive, you can try business lunch menu which was more affordable.

Date of visit: February 2018

Dear customer, we are sorry for the unpleasant attitude of our staff. We are more than certain that while not being at that time the full restaurant have requested to sit in a specific table based on bookings managed in the hall.
We look forward to seeing you at our rooms.

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Firstly I must say that the staff and ambience were fantastic! I enjoyed the wine, the meat platter starter and the welcome I received by the staff. The wine was priced by the glass between 7 - 10 Euros and they had a great selection. I suppose I only marked this down due to the cost of my main meal. I actually asked for the Alfredo fetucinni but double checked begore ordering if it had meat in it, and was told it did alongside butter and pasta. What I got was a very well made pasta dish, mixed with butter and cheese. That was it! No meat and to be honest at 20 Euros per person it just doesn't represent good value for money. They also add service on to your bill which is a shame, I prefer to tip the waiter personally so didn't tip twice.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank phelan16
Alfredo1907, Proprietario at Alfredo alla Scrofa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Dear customer, we are sorry for your review, we would like to point out that our dish of honor Fettuccine Alfredo, traditionally have the seasoning of high quality butter and seasoned Parmesan Reggiano cheese.
I apologize also for the add service of the bill, who was not very nice to you. Unfortunately, we owners do not want this to happen NEVER! Unfortunately we can not be on all the tables at the same time! We're so sorry really, we work every day with great professionalism and these style falls kill us morally!!

Mario e Veronica

Reviewed January 26, 2018

Beautiful fettuccine Alfredo. Good service. Interesting place, lots of framed pictures on the walls of movie stars who had eaten there. I imagine a meal for 2 would be nice. Came with work, so serving 20 plates of pasta in one go was a little being in a school canteen. Food good though and that’s what we were there for. Would return.

Date of visit: October 2017

Dear customer, thanks to the review, to read your words would seem to have appreciated our restaurant, service and quality of dishes, we ask ourselves, however, why limited your judgment in only three stars?

we hope to have it back in our restaurant soon so we can get top marks

Regards

Reviewed January 22, 2018

I was very excited for dinner, as this place claims to have invented Fettucine Alfredo. The ambiance was nice, but I was disappointed with the "value". The food was OK/Good, but not for the price. You are paying a significant uncharge for a basic Pasta meal. We tried to overlook and just enjoy ourselves, with a lesson learned. When the bill came and the Waiter asked about a tip, I went ahead and gave him 20%. It was only after scrutinizing the credit card receipt did I see that the had already charged meal service charge. The waiter never told me, so he DOUBLE DIPPED. You don't do that when you rely on repeat business. I WOULD AVOID THIS TOURIST TRAP

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Jerry R
Alfredo1907, Proprietario at Alfredo alla Scrofa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2018

Dear Customer,

we are very desolate for your review, the staff of the Alfredo alla Scrofa works daily to offer a high quality service for its guests. Our extensive menù allows you to choose between a large amount of variety of different price ranges.
I apologize also for the waiter, who was not very nice to you. Unfortunately, we owners do not want this to happen NEVER! Unfortunately we can not be on all the tables at the same time!

Mario e Veronica