“Ancient Rome from your terrace”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
david m
“Ancient Rome from your terrace”
Reviewed March 28, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
people found this review helpful

The best view of the ancient
Roman forum and Senate and Triumphant arch is not from a tour but from this home. I would not call this an apartment. It is an incredible home in a setting unlike anything I have ever seen. There are multiple viewing spots as there are multiple terraces and picture windows. This would be enough but this 3 bedroom three and a half bath home with living room and upstairs sunroom is splendid as well. The baths are updated and the kitchen is plenty big as well. It is a magical place that allows you to imagine the steps that Caesar and the emperors walked. The last piece is the owner/ manager Ortensia. She could not have been more accommodating and helpful.She had some staples ready for our arrival including wine and ordered pizzas for our first evening after a long flight. I will not stay anywhere else when visiting the eternal city nor should you. Grazie Mille Ortensia

Dave Maher and family

pascuzz0
Clovis, California
“Trip of a lifetime”
Reviewed March 3, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

This was by far the best place to rent in Rome with breathtaking views. The apartment is even better than the pictures, luxurious but very comfortable. The hostess, Ortensia, is such an asset. She was in contact everyday to make sure our every need was met, making for a stress free vacation. The housekeeper came daily, cleaning and fluffing like a five star hotel. The location is perfect with its wonderful view of the Roman Forum and the Colosseum. We never tired of looking out the windows, especially on the top floor enclosed sun-room and outside patio. We had easy access to buses, restaurants, markets, and sites to see! We were able to completely envelop ourselves in the art,culture, and beauty of Rome and its people. This is the only place we would ever stay in Rome. It is a very special treasure and deserves better than a five star rating.

rachelsal...
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, luxurious and quiet yet right in the heart of Rome!”
Reviewed February 7, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

The apartment was wonderful spacious and comfortable. We spent a fabulous long weekend here. Views over the Forum and Rome are breathtaking! We will come back. Thank you Ortensia!

Experienc...
“Elegant, well appointed, classic home overlooking the Ancient City.”
Reviewed February 5, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This is a gorgeous, impeccably maintained, classic home with every appointment in an excellent walking location with spectacular views of the Ancient City. Peaceful neighborhood walking distance to many attractions. This home was ideal for three adult couples to have their own bedroom suites, and many elegant common areas. I would stay here again, and highly recommend this home and hostess for a Roman holiday!

alawyer1
Baltimore, Maryland
“Amazing apartment and host”
Reviewed January 3, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Book this apartment if you want to enjoy the most wonderful apartment and the most gracious host in Rome. From the incredible communication before and during our stay (even ordering pizza for us one night), to the welcome treats (stocking the fridge and providing snacks) and hotel like amenities (slippers, thick robes, L’Occitane bath products, daily housekeeping, etc.), to booking reservations and taxis for us, Ortensia is a fabulous host. The apartment is as depicted or better. The view is breathtaking. We were there for NYE and saw fireworks from all directions. The location is central (everything you need is just minutes away, and even the walk from St Peter’s in Xmas day only took 30 leisurely minutes), yet quiet for a good night’s rest. Stop looking and book this apartment. You won’t regret it.

PeteTurne...
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed October 23, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Well I am not sure what was best, the fantastic apartment or the lovely owner Ortensia.

Ortensia could not have been more kind, and helpful, from all the provisions she left for us, meeting when we arrived and departed, ordering us taxis, giving us advice and assistance with restaurants, etc. - thank you so much, you really helped make our stay special.

As for the apartment I can only concur with previous reviewers - it is fantastic. The whole apartment is furnished and decorated with great style, and has everything you could need. However my favourite place was the main rooftop terraces (although the other 2 terraces are nice as well !) it is huge. It is perfect for drinks in the evening and great for breakfast, and the views are stunning

I was a little unsure about having a maid come in every morning, but I was wrong. The maid, Mercy, was great. If we were still hanging about when she came in at 10:30 she worked around us, you wouldn't even know she was there - well apart from the fact that all the mess/washing up from the night before magically disappeared, the towels and the beds were made and the apartment always looked immaculate !

The apartment is in a great position, right in the centre of the city, but also relatively quiet - a great base to explore from. There is a nice little deli, plus a couple of bars and restaurants less than 50 yards from the apartment and there is also a Carrefour Express a short walk away.

If you are catering for yourself I would recommend visiting the market at Campo De Fiori which I think is open every morning apart from Sunday. As well as the lovely market selling mainly fruit, vegetables and flowers, there are lots of great shops around the square including a butchers, cheese shop and some great delis.

So in summary this is the best apartment I have stayed in, and hope I get to return some day.

Ryan L
“What a place!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

To say Ortensia was accommodating would be an egregious understatement. When we arrived, she greeted us personally followed by a thorough tour of her amazing home. She even had the fridge stocked with beer, wine and soda for us to enjoy. Our initial interaction concluded with her directing us to a local market (FYI - only open on Saturday & Sunday) that was right around the corner from the property which had an amazing selection of fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and fish. She then informed us that a maid would be provided for us daily at the time of our choosing. Her kindness and service is equivalent to a Four Seasons type of experience.

However, that was only the start. I spoke with Ortensia daily as she had a variety of top notch recommendations. Even directing me to a local leather shop where I could purchase my mom a set of gloves as a souvenir. Her restaurant recommendations never missed and always made sure to know she was available for any/all requests.

The only thing that exceeded my expectations beyond Ortensia’s hospitality was her home itself. This property is truly a special place. To overlook the Roman Forum (which was basically the epicenter of the world at one point in history) from a private terrace is a feeling few get to experience. My two guests and I slept extremely well as the bedrooms were extremely quiet with comfortable beds. The indoor/outdoor living space was amazing to drink the espresso in the morning. Overall, I can’t recommend this property enough to anyone visiting Rome. You can even get a peak of the Colosseum from the terrace. What a place!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing