“Great base for sightseeing”
Review of Cesare Balbo Inn

Cesare Balbo Inn
Ranked #419 of 3,712 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My partner and I stayed at Cesare Balbo Inn for 6 nights in January and we had a wonderful stay. With only 4 or 5 rooms it was very quiet. The room was spacious and comfortable, although a little dark. Service was great, Glenn was always willing to give helpful advice and make you cup of tea or coffee any time of the day. The best thing about Cesare Balbo Inn was the location. 5 minutes from Termini Station, 2 minutes from the metro and a handy 10 minutes to the Colosseum. You can also walk to the Vatican and Castel Sant'Angelo in 30 minutes. It is situated in a busy, bustling part of Rome, yet still manages to be very quiet. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cesare Balbo Inn

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Well, this was a pleasant suprise! We stayed here for 4 nights, returning home yesterday. This is the 2nd time i've stayed in Rome, this time i had the family with me as were taking part in the Rome Marathon & Fun Run. We booked a four person room at the Cesare Balbo Inn, as the reviews on Expedia and Tripadvisor were very good. I had a few questions to ask before travelling, all of them were answered in minutes of sending an email, which filled me with confidence.

There are a few reviews out there that give negative comments about the property being difficult to find, if you follow the instructions given then you will easily find this B&B! If you want neon lights with the hotel name on.......go to Las Vegas! :-)

Once inside the B&B, we were greeted and shown to our room. Fairly small for four people, but at the price offered we certainly could not complain! The facilities were really homely, and the room extremely clean. The 24 hour coffee/tea area was a welcome sight after a long day seeing the sights. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was also very clean.

I stayed here with my wife, my 5 year old daughter and my father, all of whom were impressed with the place. The only negative i can find is the telephone at reception, which is pretty loud and went off at 0530am.

The most incredible thing about this place, were the people who run it! Glenn & Luca, thank you so much for making us feel so welcome and being so helpful, we would LOVE to visit again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Just recently returned from a 7 night stay at the Cesare Balbo. Nothing but great praises and high remarks for this B+B. A terriffic location that cannot be beat. Walking distance to EVERYTHING. Extremely close to several of Rome's biggest tourist draws but far enough away from all the tourists to feel like a "Roman". The ownership/management really is the crown jewel of this hotel. Glenn is truly a wonderful man, and could not possibly be anymore helpful. The room was a perfect size, comfortable and modern. Breakfast in the morning is a perfect portion and truly Italian. We took advantage of the car service offer by the hotel to and from the airport - would higly recomend this over a taxi, cheaper and much easier. We are already planning our next trip back to Rome, and will will definately be staying at the Cesare Balbo again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt P
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Just got back from Rome with 2 friends and would thoroughly recommend staying here. It is a 5 minute walk to the collosseum and we walked everywhere in the city. Breakfast was delivered every morning and Glenn could not do more for you. Rooms were spacious and comfortable and heating was good. I will definitely return back here if I come back to Rome. The only negative was that the shower temperature was a little inconsistent, however it was bearable. A great trip and the best deal for the price you pay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kelly5388
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We can only endorse the positive reviews on this site. As repeat visitors to Rome we felt the central location was ideal for tourists who like to walk through the Eternal City. The criticisms about finding the Inn are negated once you bother to look at a map or view the streetview on this site. The owners could not have been more helpful and given the outstanding value for money we would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Jonesfamilyislington
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Beds are not very comfortable. It is average. Safe location. Average breakfast. Very clean. Glenn was helpful. I suggest with traveler on budget.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank selim k
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Cesare Balbo Inn was great, and I will definitely stay here again whenever I go back to Rome. I stayed here for 2 nights with some friends, and it was very clean and comfortable. The location is great- near the train station and a short walk to the Coliseum. The managers, Glenn and Luca, are so welcoming. They both went out of their way to help us navigate Rome and to make sure we had everything we needed. I would not change anything about this lovely hostel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends