“Amazing”
Review of Mosaic Hostel

Mosaic Hostel
Ranked #108 of 1,182 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel at a great price in the city center. Room always clean, breakfast good and staff always smiling. :) I recommend this hotel. In the vicinity of the hotel's bars and restaurants and a few meters away.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I walked-in to this Mosaic Hostel so tired from my travel from Asia. It is located quite near the termini. When I asked the front desk if they have still vacancy, he said "yes, there is". So I wanted to check-in and pay cash. But then he said he cannot accept me-despite of the vacancy and me about to pay cash right there and then. He said, because I don't have a credit card. He even told me that in Rome, no hostel accept travelers without credit cards. I was so disappointed because I was so tired then, and my first time in Italy. I just wanted a place to stay. But I was rejected despite the hostel having vacancy and me willing to pay cash or any deposit (if necessary) immediately.
Then I asked him (person at the front desk) if there are any hostels nearby. He verbally and vaguely told me the direction in an unfriendly manner. (I wasn't able to find the hostel he was talking about).
The guy at the front desk is caucasian with dreadlocks/cornrows.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

the hotel is very close to any transportation witch is a big advantage very clean room soo comfortable bed clean bathroom and the reception was very friendly helped us out and marked everything we needed on the map...the only thing witch is not that good is breakfast cause everything is sweet not a single salty thing...however is not the worst but comparing to the whole hotel I think is the only disadvantage...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017

The best thing is the location, it's near Roma Termini, the most important train station! In general, it's clean and quiet! Have a basic breakfast. Nothing to complain about it! It's good for people that only need to sleep!

Room Tip: Not too bad, not too good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2017

The hotels own materials and website call the Mosaic a Hotel rather than Hostel. I would normally have avoided the former as I tend to stay in Hotels. The price is low compared to surrounding places but I needen't have been concerned. We booked at last minute following a flight cancellation.

The Station is close so there are lots of local eating places at reasonable prices.

The hotel itself was clean. We opted for a room with our own bathroom for a small extra cost. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is basic and a little on the sweet side for me with no savoury offerings. For the price the Hotel is very good value.

Room Tip: Book with your own, not shared, bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017

It's quite close to Rome Train Station and hence easy to explore Rome. Breakfast was good, Beds were nice and rooms were clean. I used to leave early in the morning and come back late and used the hostel just for a good shower and good night sleep. I would recommend to any one who wants to stay near to Termini and have a good night sleep !!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Mostly nice, polite english speaking staff. Helpful. Clean room and bathroom and nice appearance too.
They don't really do anything to enforce quiet in the hostel though, i had a rough night.
Breakfast was okay... self service but limited selection of food.
good location, fairly easy to get to from roma termini

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo