“Delicious food, but lost points on service”

Ristorante Da Vincenzo
Ranked #1,270 of 12,585 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Like a few of the other reviews, we went here as it was close to our hotel, there is an outside seating area, and the reviews seemed good. I had the spaghetti carbonara, which was excellent, and my mum had the spinach and ricotta ravioli, which she enjoyed. A couple of service issues really took the shine off for me though; warning for future customers, if you eat the bread that they put on the table, they will charge you! (I didn't even eat the bread as I've experienced this in Portugal, but never in Italy! And I still got charged €1!) My mother had a couple of bits, and said it was only €1, so wouldn't let me argue the point when it came to paying. My mother's plate was taken away from her as she was still finishing up, and subsequently so was the bread which we apparently paid for. The feeling that they were just trying to get rid of you was palpable. We left a tip, but no sooner had we done this had the woman brought out the bill for the table next to ours with sweets on it. Do they think people don't notice this? Needless to say, part of the tip was removed.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Da Vincenzo

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We made a special stop to the restaurant for lunch before our return home at the recommendation of someone who lived in Rome. The locals know this place well. We sat outside and enjoyed the sun, exemplary service and the food !!! The tomatoes this time of year in Italy were the best I've eaten. The mussels in red sauce were outstanding. Reservations are needed.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Our hotel reception booked us in to this absolute gem of a restaurant .The owners are very hospitable and the wait staff very knowledgeable about every dish on the menu.When the food arrived it was plentiful and fresh.We will certainly go back before we leave rome.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

The truth is that Da Vincenzo does not need a Tripadvisor review. The place has its own steady local clientele, Romans know where to go. I'm sure Da Vincenzo does not worry about being rated because they are GREAT at what they do: food & service. It makes no difference whether you are a local or not, speak the language or not, the food is the same for everyone. Need to reserve.

1  Thank silvia c
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Arrived at Vincenzos with little expectations however hoping for the best. I left here very happy. The quality of the food was perfect (I had steak alongside numerous extras). The house red wine is highly recommended, I have no idea the name as it was unlabelled but it was priced at only €8 a bottle and was incredibly drinkable for the price. I want to return simply for the wine. Excellent restaurant