“PERFECT”

Ranked #25 of 3,669 Rome B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“PERFECT”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Great location for walking to all attractions and quiet for sleeping. Lovely big room with king bed/wood floors/high ceiling/balcony. At Your Place is the 'gem' in Rome but you will never find a better B&B with owner, Luca. His million ways of making you feel welcome with his helpfulness/warmth/smile, leaves you wanting to come back for more!! As soon as we booked, Luca was emailing his assistance for any of our needs. His limo service, 50E & well worth, met us at aiport w/namecard and Luca was waiting at front door for us. Spent 45 min going over info tours/restaurants/grocery store/wine and showing us around (gave me magazines for our room to read). When we asked for a small fan that we have habit sleeping with the hum:-), Luca went out and bought one! Breakfasts are picture perfect w/pastries/sandwiches/cheese/fruit/cereal/eggs/coffee/juice (the first morning I was in ahhhh with the setup and had to take a picture)....Luca saw us on Rome TV on Sunday during Pope's message & sent us link. Our last morning was earlier than normal breakfast time & Luca spent the nite there and readied us food along w/luggage to limo to make certain we were safely on our way to Florence........Luca goes above and beyond, doesn't get any better. My boyfriend/I travel lots and we only wish each place had a LUCA.......

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2012

What an amazing trip, where do I start??? Fantasic apartment, ideal location and amazing views... and to top it all off the owner of "At You Place" was unforgetable. Luca was there to greet us on our first day and he went more than way and above to ensure we had a trip of a life time. My sister arranged the trip for my 30th birthday and we (myself (30), my sister (27) & my Mother Hen (54) had the honor of staying in the bedroom that slept 3, which also had a balcony. You could see the Vatican City to the left which was about a 10 minute walk away and to the right shops, restaurants and more shops...how more central would you want to be??? Luca made us feel extremely welcome and sat with us for the first half an hour with a map of Rome and pointed out the main attractions and the best places to eat & drink, including the best Ice-Cream parlour. He also explained how the bus and tram systems work and wrote on the map what buses we would need to catch to get from place to place. Breakfast was out of this world...I thought my own mother knew how to feed me well, but seriously, Luca beat her hands down. The Appartment was always clean and tidy and the facilities were all in good working order, except for the 100 year old lift becuase that had broken down the day we arrived. It could not be fixed until the new part arrived (didn't help that we arrived on a national bank holiday). I was really gutted that I never got to have a go in it, but it was just one of those things and bad timing as always. It did not ruin a thing though and I would reccomend anyone to stay here, I am definately going to go back....if anything...to have a go in that lift! ha! ha! ha!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Everything about our stay was perfect! After booking, the owner Luca emailed us a confirmation and specific directions as we were arriving from another part of Rome and accomodated an early arrival with no problems. He helped myself and 2 daughters with our luggage and chatted while the room was cleaned - giving us so much information about restaurants, shopping, nightlife, and transportation. The room was spacious, clean, with all of the amenities we needed (large shower, TV with satellite, Wifi, safe, hairdryer, steamer, kettle, etc). The view from the balcony was also charming, and in a safe central area. He asked our breakfast preferences when we arrived and had our table set and ready for us the next morning. We had juice, delicious cappucinos, scrambled eggs, cheese, fresh chocolate croissants, and his mom's homemade cake - delicious! And to top it off he made us sandwiches to take for lunch later! Then he accompanied us (helping with our luggage again) to catch the shuttle bus to the airport and waited until we were safely onboard. We were in Italy for 2 weeks and by far Luca provided the best customer service that we experienced. I will definitely recommend At your Place to friends and stay there again when I return to Rome.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2012

At Your Place is situated in the perfect location. It's in the Vatican City area and was only a couple minutes walk from St. Peter's Basilica. We took the bus one day to get to the Colosseum but walked home the same day. Luca was very helpful with suggestions of where to eat and getting around the city. We walked to Trastevere from the B&B one day as well. Breakfast was delicious with a variety of pastries, cheese, and fruits. Luca also gave us pizza, coffee, and delicious blood orange juice. We were there on our honeymoon and were very satisfied. The room and bathroom were a good size for the two of us. Definitely recommend! We also went to eat at Zen Sushi, Pizzeria San Marco, and Porta Castello all within walking distance of At Your Place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Bratislava
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Great location in the centre of the town, many attractions you can easily reach on foot, also it is very close to Vatican museums and St.Peter´s Basilica. Good bus connection to the opposite side of the river and to many tourist attractive sites. Luca, the owner, is very helpful and charming host and he provided us with useful advices (this was our first trip to Rome). The room was very comfortable and clean, nice bathroom, TV set etc., and fantastic breakfast every morning made by Luca! Despite its central location, this B&B is very quiet at night. We would recommend it to anyone else!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2012

At Your Place went above and beyond my expectations! We (husband, 17 yr old daughter, and myself) arrived on a holiday and Luca was on site to help us check in and arranged a wonderful tour for that afternoon. As this was our first trip to Rome we were completely lost and Luca daily helped us with directions, restaurants, and the best sites to see! His breakfast are amazing. Our room was a triple and was plenty large for the three of us, the shower was modern, and the room was clean and quiet. We have two friends traveling to Rome soon so we passed At Your Place information on to them and would recommend to anyone else! I can not wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I traveled to Rome on April 25 to spend some time before boarding a cruise. Everything I had read on Trip Advisor about At Your Place was so true. It was a very charming building. The rooms were very comfortable and the bathrooms very modern. Luca was the most charming host. Before we even arrived, I sent many e-mails asking different questions to which he always replied very quickly. He was very helpful with the suggestions he made to our itinerary. Since this was our second trip to Rome, we wanted to dig a little deeper and Luca gave us such great planning information.
Upon our arrival, he greeted us at the door. Unfortunately, the elevator was not working so we did have to climb 5 flights of stairs..but then a little extra exercise never hurts anyone right? Luca let us get settled and then oriented us on everything we needed to know about the B & B. He then served us breakfast and then spent at least 45 minutes going over the map and making restaurant suggestions for that day. EVERYTHING he suggested more than met our expectations. He is such a hardworking caring person and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple