All reviews sistine chapel skip the line audio guide raphael rooms buy tickets st peters visit to rome trevi fountain pope tapestries viator euros monument maps metro
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Some beautiful art, lots of history and a must when in Rome. It’s very busy and we chose to join a tour which was 50€ each which cover everything including skip the line to all areas. The tour lasted 3 hours and was very enjoyable. (Tour was with Moyo)
Was very disappointed with The Sistine Chapel we were rushed through, told to be respectful, signs everywhere not to take photos. Every two minutes the guards were shout on a speaker system not to take photos. VERY DISRESPECTFULLY! I only seen two people taking sneaky photos so felt over the top. We didn’t get long to look in there as we were ushered out! So this left it down for me. So very beautiful painting all over the Vatican and worth a visit. But he prepared for what will be coming your way when you get to The Sistine Chapel.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

The Vatican itself is stunning, St, Peter's basilica was absolutely breath-taking with all the amazing art and the Pope's throne in the middle. Too many tourists though kinda take away from an otherwise awe-inspiring exprerience, same thing happened at the museum where one hardly got any peace to enjoy the art exhibited. Museum has its own cafe where everything is overpriced -but was expected- as well as an outside area where one can take a breather from the madness of the crowd inside.
Overall a nice experience but frankly,too touristy and noisy if you're not lucky.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Very busy, I suggest you get a tour that can pass through the lines and they can describe what you are looking at other wise you will be confused, glad we took a tour. The guides are right outside the vatican We went in October and it was still quite busy.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Your visit to Rome must include a visit to the Vatican
Museums., St Peter’s basilica and the Sistine chapel. I would suggest to get prepared before you go. Read up on what you want to see so you don’t miss it when your there. The crowds are crazy. The move through the museums with many other tourist and the staff keep telling you to move on. Only in the Basilica can you feel like you can take all the time in the world. Amazing work of art.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2018

This is St. Peters (free to enter) 45 mins queue in February. Well worth the visit .Wonderful architecture and art.. We stayed inside for nearly 2 hours. The queue is to the right of this picture in the square.There are toilets after the exit of St. Peters The Vatican museums and Systine Chapel can be accessed by walking around to the right, near the queue for St.Peters. We bought our Vatican tickets online from the official Vatican website. Tour guides are everywhere touting for business. In my opinion they are interesting but hurried to get around the vastness. Personally I like to take my time and look at what I want to see and took a smartphone guide. Some research beforehand is therefore necessary. This is a wondrous tour and is a must do .So many art masters on display . I knew the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel is spectacular, everybody says so but I was not prepared for the incredible masterpiece that Michael Angelo achieved. The figures stand out of the relief. He truly was a genius. Really is a lot of walking .On exiting the Vatican museums the taxi drivers directly outside wanted to sting me 30 euros for a 20 euro ride(amount we paid to get there). I declined and a passing taxi took us three back to near the Colosseum for 18 euros. A map is a must, directions are like an endangered species, few and rarely seen. Fabulous experience.

Date of stay: February 2018